• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mini-Camp Roster

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have released this weekends camp roster. Includes all our recently drafted rookies and UDFAs from 2014 and previous years. Some names that were involved in previous Seahawks presesons and Prac squads.

Seahawks rookie minicamp roster

Keith Price will be the QB that will be at work most this weekend.

Some pics:

tempcst_K2V8670--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Paul Richardson & Kevin Norwood

tempcst_K2V8564--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Keith Price

tempcst_K2V7814--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Jimmy Staten & Jackson Jeffcoat

BnyPu1OCcAArPdA.jpg

BnyPkg0IEAAWNoD.jpg

VMAC today

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson

BnyqEzPIcAAJKmn.jpg

RW has to be stoked. The Seahawks are basically adding Paul Richardson, Kevin Norwood, and Percy Harvin to our WR corps for 2014. Talk about an upgrade to the passing game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson

BnyqEzPIcAAJKmn.jpg

RW has to be stoked. The Seahawks are basically adding Paul Richardson, Kevin Norwood, and Percy Harvin to our WR corps for 2014. Talk about an upgrade to the passing game.

Indeed! I'm stoked about the receiving corp this year. It's been a while since I could say that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed! I'm stoked about the receiving corp this year. It's been a while since I could say that.

Indeed. While the 2013 WR corps did to a solid job, I remember what a let down it was when we found out Harvin had to have the hip procedure in preseason and knew he was going to be out most or all of the season and Chris Harper didn't make the final roster.

Looking forward more production from them this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have some really interesting UDFA players, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the roster develops.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have some really interesting UDFA players, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the roster develops.

Another year we don't have a lot of roster spots so competition will be fierce for any of them. Hell we basically redshirted most of our 2013 draft class.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say great post. I needed some thing to help me with my Seahawks addition.

This time of the year is always tough on us football addicts, especially with the Seahawks winning the SB and Huskies winning a solid bowl game and now with Petersen as the HC.

But at the same time, the pain is good because it makes sure we get out and enjoy those perfect PACNW summers on weekends. There will be plenty of football come fall. It's painful at times, but I appreciate the break we have from the game in spring and summer.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And got to love this:

10258701_10152045163666722_3519330605661466920_o.jpg

Before the players took the field Friday afternoon for the first practice in the Seahawks’ three-day minicamp, Paul Richardson approached Keith Price with a request.

“He told me to throw him the ball deep,” Price, the former University of Washington quarterback, said of his quick conversation with Richardson, a wide receiver from Colorado.

Richardson didn’t have to ask twice.

On one of the first plays in the first full-team drill, Richardson took off up the sideline against cornerback Eric Pinkins. As he slipped past Pinkins, Price unleashed the pass. With the ball in the air, Richardson shifted into overdrive, catching the 40-yard pass in stride and turning the play into a 65-yard touchdown.

Just how impressive was Richardson’s burst up the sideline?

“Oh my God, that guy’s a blazer,” said Price, who was signed as a free agent at the conclusion of the NFL Draft last Saturday. “I saw him in one-on-one coverage and kind of let it rip. He made a great play and scored a touchdown.”

Coach Pete Carroll was impressed by the efforts of Richardson and also Kevin Norwood, the 6-2 receiver the Seahawks selected in the fourth round of the draft. Richardson had another reception where he went down to get a low throw from Price, who was being pressured on the play. Norwood had a half dozen catches, including one on a slant, another along the sideline and a third where he went up against Pinkins to grab a pass from QB Zach Zulli, one of the rookies who is at this camp on a tryout basis.

“The receivers really show up, they jump out at us – and that’s Kevin and Paul,” Carroll said. “They’ve done really well the first couple days (in Phase 2 of the veterans’ offseason program) and then today they did it again.”

140516richardson600.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN -- It's just the first day of rookie minicamp, but one thing is clear: Wide receiver Paul Richardson is as advertised. He can flat-out fly.

It's wrong to read too much into a rookie-camp practice, but Richardson was an obvious standout. The play of the day came on a 63-yard touchdown pass from Keith Price to Richardson after he ran right by Eric Pinkins, a sixth-round draft pick from San Diego State.

"Oh my god," Price said of Richardson. "That guy's a blazer. He told me to throw him the ball deep today. I saw one-on-one with him and I let it rip and he made a great play."

Richardson was Seattle's first choice of the 2014 draft, coming at No. 45 of the second round. The 6-0, 183-pound receiver from Colorado made several impressive plays in 11-on-11 drills and 7-on-7. He had one diving catch over the middle and made another tough grab in traffic on a crossing route.

"There's no question how fast he is," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Richardson, who consistently runs 4.3 40s. "He has great speed."

Carroll is pleased with what he's seen from both receivers the Seahawks drafted, Richardson and Kevin Norwood, a fourth-round pick from Alabama. Norwood also had a deep touchdown catch Friday after his defender fell down.

"The receivers really showed up," Carroll said. "They jump out at us, Kevin and Paul. They've done really well."

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been what, 25 years since we had a WR in the Pro Bowl?

It would be nice to see that streak end soon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some saturday news:

2nd round OT pick Justin Britt has been concentrating on the RT position in practices. While he has experience at all positions, I think it's clear RG/RT is where they plan to groom him for playing time in 2014.

DE Cassius March is practicing in the 5 tech DE.

WR Paul Richardson didn't practice today. He took a tumble late in fridays practice and coaches decided to give him the day off. No reports of any injury.

WR Kevin Norwood has been getting a bunch of balls thrown his way. Looks really good and impressing.

LB Kevin Pierre-Louis getting lots of reps at the WLB position.

Lots of special teams drills today.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice day 2 recap vid and stories.

Cassius Marsh raving about the VMAC location, facilities, and the beauty of the PACNW.

Kevin Norwood talking about how busy he's been at practice. (some nice clips of some of his catches)

Kevin Pierre-Louis on working hard for coach Norton

Saturday in Hawkville: Cassius Marsh has found his football Nirvana

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has the year we know he's capable of and he's pro-bowl.

But..............

He'll have to decline since Hawks will be at the Super Bowl again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KevinPierre-Louis gives a good interview. They all did, but I really liked his.

I think both our 2nd rounders, it's a given they'll make the cut unless they have a serious injury or completely stink up the joint. Don't see that happening.

But all 3 of the 4ths have a great shot at all making the team. The competition is going to be fierce, but they all look like they could be contributors in 2014.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RENTON, Wash. -- When the three-day rookie minicamp ended Sunday, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had some positive things to say about several of the team’s draft choices, along with a couple of free-agent signees.

Here are some of the players he singled out:

Defensive end Cassius Marsh, fourth-round pick from UCLA: “He was by far the most active guy out there. He came in here in great shape and was really flying the whole time. He never showed any signs at all of wearing down. He’s very active and a very instinctive football player. It’s pretty exciting. The role that we’ve talked about for him to be kind of like Michael Bennett, it looks like that might have a chance.”

Quarterback Keith Price, free-agent signee from Washington: “He looks like he could help us. He did really well. It was like he’s been around longer than he has. He’s very comfortable in the pocket and very natural quarterback. He moved very well. He made a lot of big throws and threw the ball downfield really well.”

Offensive tackle Garry Gilliam, a free-agent signee from Penn State: “He’s an extraordinary athlete. He was a tight end [earlier in his career] and has really good mobility and quickness. He’s well balanced. He did very well [at left tackle Sunday] and that’s a real plus for us. We need more competition there.”

Offensive tackle Justin Britt, a second-round pick from Missouri: “I think he will jump right into the competition [at right tackle] just like we have planned and be right there with Michael [Bowie] battling it out. He picked everything up and is very well prepared technique-wise. He moves well off the line. It’s going to take some time, but he won’t have any trouble learning. He’s a real serious, mature kid.”

Fullback Kiero Small, a seventh-round pick from Arkansas: “He’s a legit fullback and loves the position. He’s a tough guy and he can catch the ball really well. Hopefully, he will be a real factor on special teams, as well.”

Three draft picks did not practice Sunday: wide receiver Paul Richardson, outside linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis and offensive tackle Garrett Scott, who still hasn’t passed his physical.

Carroll said Richardson has a sore shoulder from a collision in Friday’s practice, but would be fine in a couple of days. Pierre-Louis has a slight groin pull, but Carroll liked what he saw from him the first two days.

“He’s very fast and a really good accelerator,” Carroll said of Pierre-Louis. “His instincts are good and he’s a natural athlete. He’s a very bright kid and conscientious. Special teams will be a big area for him.”

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RENTON, Wash. -- When the three-day rookie minicamp ended Sunday, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had some positive things to say about several of the team’s draft choices, along with a couple of free-agent signees.

Here are some of the players he singled out:

Offensive tackle Garry Gilliam, a free-agent signee from Penn State: “He’s an extraordinary athlete. He was a tight end [earlier in his career] and has really good mobility and quickness. He’s well balanced. He did very well [at left tackle Sunday] and that’s a real plus for us. We need more competition there.”

Offensive tackle Justin Britt, a second-round pick from Missouri: “I think he will jump right into the competition [at right tackle] just like we have planned and be right there with Michael [Bowie] battling it out. He picked everything up and is very well prepared technique-wise. He moves well off the line. It’s going to take some time, but he won’t have any trouble learning. He’s a real serious, mature kid.”

Gotta love the OL stepping up, hopefully they can challenge those on the line and bring up our one weakness.