• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milliner is is rough shape

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 NFL draft -- Dee Milliner has had five surgeries - ESPN

Milliner's surgeries include a right knee scope, sports hernia, right tibia stress fracture and both shoulders.

His most recent shoulder surgery, performed in March, will sideline him during the organized team activities of whichever team drafts him.
Milliner is not expected to be ready until training camp at the earliest.

I have been pulling for Milliner, but I am officially off that band wagon now.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of this is draft gamesmanship. Any negative news that comes out at this point on a prospect is likely due to someone wanting him without trading up for him.

That said, I don't see the Lions spending a 1st or 2nd on a CB. I'm still thinking Fisher (Joeckel) or trade down. If forced to pick and Fisher is gone, I'd go with Ansah for his flexibility.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are saying that DJ Hayden is better than Milliner. They rank Hayden as Best CB and Milliner 2nd best cb in this class.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "they" I've read about is Mayock. I think he's usually spot on with assessments, but haven't seem anyone else say Hayden is the top rated CB

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't smoke screen 5 surgeries. He either had them or he didn't. Every team interested already knows about the surgeries. It's not like some NFL team hoping he was gonna fall released this info to ESPN so other teams would find out. ESPN is only used by fans. Not teams. I am pretty sure about that.

I generally don't let a surgery or two keep me from liking a guy, but 5 in a short time is a lot. Especially on the legs and both shoulders.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "they" I've read about is Mayock. I think he's usually spot on with assessments, but haven't seem anyone else say Hayden is the top rated CB

does anyone else really matter?? haha To be honest, ive seen it so much on twitter, i started to believe it was multiple people. But Mayock is usually pretty smart about these things.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee and shoulders are serious. He will not be ready for a little while. What about the timing is suspect? Again, Every NFL team was probably well aware of each of these. They don't use ESPN.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a knee scope. Show me an athlete that hasn't had a couple of holes punched in their knees and I'll show you a robot.

The suspect part of this is every sports media outlet running this story on their front page 2 days before the draft begins. Milliner cracked the starting lineup his freshman year and played in every game save one (muscle strain).

What's "ESPN"?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Ansah for his flexibility.

What does this statement mean? What flexibility does Ansah provide?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are saying that DJ Hayden is better than Milliner. They rank Hayden as Best CB and Milliner 2nd best cb in this class.

Hayden is a guy that is off alot of teams draft boards. He suffered an injury that 95% of the people die from and it happened after taking a hit. I don't know how many GM's are going to be on board with drafting this guy.

I think he will be around into the 3rd round before someone takes a chance on him, unless doctor's give him a 100% clean bill of healthy. He is a great talent though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could go by either Ezekiel or Ziggy. That's pretty flexible.

i stand corrected -- he is flexible.

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Milliners shoulder right now? Very non-serious. I had a Labrum tear a couple years ago. The doc told me almost everyone gets them in their life. Sometimes they need surgery to repair them, and sometimes they just need physical therapy, but most of the time they heal themselves. Mine needed Therapy and I havent had a problem with it since and I am not even in good shape.

When one analyst lifts a player a lot higher than any other analyst, this is usually just a man crush by that analyst. When only one ranks a player high and the others all list him in a common range, go with the common range and toss the single ranking out. At one point it was Trufant who was as good. Another time it was Rhodes. Now it is Hayden? You know what? Just give me the one guy who has consistently been agreed by most as the best. Milliner.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. He can play DE or OLB when Schwartz & Co. get sacked.

Ansah needs to learn one position, before you start talking about flexibility. The guy has played 3 years of organized football and only started 8 games in college.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax Mikey! My point is simply that he can be just as effective at either position because of his athleticism. You want to argue semantics, look elsewhere.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a knee scope. Show me an athlete that hasn't had a couple of holes punched in their knees and I'll show you a robot.

The suspect part of this is every sports media outlet running this story on their front page 2 days before the draft begins. Milliner cracked the starting lineup his freshman year and played in every game save one (muscle strain).

What's "ESPN"?

Exactly.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax Mikey! My point is simply that he can be just as effective at either position because of his athleticism. You want to argue semantics, look elsewhere.

I'm not looking to argue. Just stating he needs to learn one position before people talk about his versatility. I think he is a great prospect, but relies on his speed and strength and lacks pass rushing moves. Not sure how that will translate to the NFL, but they say he is a quick study, so if he can pick up some pass rushing moves -- he could be a beast. If he doesn't -- not sure what you will get out of him.