• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller ahead of schedule in recovery

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Harris both look like they could be ready week 1!!

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very glad to see he lost 15 lbs. He put on weight last year and IMO he lost a bit of that explosive first step. Good news all the way around.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understood, Harris could play now. His was a minor tear.

That can't be! After all, everyone knows that since he suffered an ACL tear, that it's not possible for him to be 100% until at least week 10.....:rollseyes:

These past couple years just go to show that modern medicine has advanced quite a bit, and old timelines concerning injury recoveries (like ACL tears) are just not accurate anymore. This is GREAT news for the Broncos though!

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very glad to see he lost 15 lbs. He put on weight last year and IMO he lost a bit of that explosive first step. Good news all the way around.

I wonder how much of that was weight related, and how much was related to his extended "vacation" from action....

Still, good news about Miller too.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be! After all, everyone knows that since he suffered an ACL tear, that it's not possible for him to be 100% until at least week 10.....
rolleyes2.gif

No need to be a snide little prick. It is understood that his was a partial tear and would have shorter recovery time but what do you think happens to our "top-tier" CB rotation is Chris Harris comes back and does not play like himself? (Not so far fetched, see below)

These past couple years just go to show that modern medicine has advanced quite a bit, and old timelines concerning injury recoveries (like ACL tears) are just not accurate anymore. This is GREAT news for the Broncos though!

There is a difference between recovered and being 100% your former self. I would guess doctors tend to be conservative in their timelines to avoid rushing things and re-injuring the person. After Clady came back from his offseason injury he struggled. He said he had to regain that trust in his leg. Some people take a bit of time to get over the injury mentally. I would be stoked if Miller, Harris, Moore and the others come back 100% in time for preseason training camps but I would not be surprised if one of those guys does not perform like he did.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to be a snide little prick. It is understood that his was a partial tear and would have shorter recovery time but what do you think happens to our "top-tier" CB rotation is Chris Harris comes back and does not play like himself? (Not so far fetched, see below)

There is a difference between recovered and being 100% your former self. I would guess doctors tend to be conservative in their timelines to avoid rushing things and re-injuring the person. After Clady came back from his offseason injury he struggled. He said he had to regain that trust in his leg. Some people take a bit of time to get over the injury mentally. I would be stoked if Miller, Harris, Moore and the others come back 100% in time for preseason training camps but I would not be surprised if one of those guys does not perform like he did.

I have faith that Elway and Co. will ensure that at least by the start of preseason, that he will build up depth at CB. But simply dismissing the possibility that Harris would be good to go because he had an ACL tear is a fallicy. I had already read rumblings that he'd be healthy by week 1, and saw that as reason to feel that other positions were of greater need. Yet there were those who used outdated information to ridicule that assumption. I'm highlighting that the older knowledge of player recovery all around is getting tossed out the window. It can't really be relied upon to gauge recovery timelines anymore, yet some still cling to it. Now, if the recent rumors are to be believed, Harris has PLENTY of time to regain his playing confidence before the regular season begins. If I'm wrong, so be it, and I'll be the first to admit it. But until then, I'm sticking to the story that Harris will be quite able to resume his duties and continue developing into a strong cornerback.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can't be! After all, everyone knows that since he suffered an ACL tear, that it's not possible for him to be 100% until at least week 10.....:rollseyes:

Hi, I'm WalkerBoh, I like to misrepresent the opinions of people who disagree with me with straw man arguments, and then chuckle about how superior my opinion is then their made up one. :rollseyes:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10::agree:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith that Elway and Co. will ensure that at least by the start of preseason, that he will build up depth at CB. But simply dismissing the possibility that Harris would be good to go because he had an ACL tear is a fallicy. I had already read rumblings that he'd be healthy by week 1, and saw that as reason to feel that other positions were of greater need. Yet there were those who used outdated information to ridicule that assumption. I'm highlighting that the older knowledge of player recovery all around is getting tossed out the window. It can't really be relied upon to gauge recovery timelines anymore, yet some still cling to it. Now, if the recent rumors are to be believed, Harris has PLENTY of time to regain his playing confidence before the regular season begins. If I'm wrong, so be it, and I'll be the first to admit it. But until then, I'm sticking to the story that Harris will be quite able to resume his duties and continue developing into a strong cornerback.

No one is dismissing the possibility that Harris could be good to go by week one. We're just saying that assuming he'll be as good as ever week 1 is a HUGE ASSUMPTION.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is dismissing the possibility that Harris could be good to go by week one. We're just saying that assuming he'll be as good as ever week 1 is a HUGE ASSUMPTION.

Why is it a huge assumption? Harris came out and said he wanted to go during the SB, but was held back because the coaches were being cautious and did not want him to further injury it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it a huge assumption? Harris came out and said he wanted to go during the SB, but was held back because the coaches were being cautious and did not want him to further injury it.

Because it would be an extremely speedy recovery from a severe injury that usually takes quite a bit of time to fully heal from. And there's a difference between playing and playing well (look at Ryan Clady's 2010 season for an example of what I mean).

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, I'm WalkerBoh, I like to misrepresent the opinions of people who disagree with me with straw man arguments, and then chuckle about how superior my opinion is then their made up one. :rollseyes:

You sure about that?

....Then you've got Chris Harris, who tore his acl just a few months ago; I think expecting him to be playing at his high level by week 1 is a pipe dream. You don't just recover from that overnight. Even Adrian Peterson, who had probably the quickest recovery from an acl injury ever, didn't have his first 100 yard game until week 4, and didn't really start to dominate until week 7. So even if Harris is playing week 1, I think best case is he's not up to his usual self until around week 8.......

So, I misrepresented by a couple weeks.....

Now upon retrospect, I could have misinterpreted intent. It really initially appeared that my opinion was being ridiculed, instead of taken seriously, on the basis that Harris couldn't possibly be 100% until well into this season. So, if that's the case, I apologize.

Yes, it would be prudent for Denver to bring in more depth at CB, but at least we have two capable starters and a promising 3rd/ nickle back. Lack of backfield leadership seems to be more of an issue than lack of talent. On the other hand, do the Broncos have a viable starter at MLB? Do they have a solution at OG that will be successful? Even if they do, they're sacrificing depth, and additionally we need a solution that will allow our running game to gain good yards against defenses like San Francisco's, Seattle's, and Arizona's. So that's why I see those holes as more glaring. We disagree though, and I'm content to leave it at that.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that?

So, I misrepresented by a couple weeks.....

Now upon retrospect, I could have misinterpreted intent. It really initially appeared that my opinion was being ridiculed, instead of taken seriously, on the basis that Harris couldn't possibly be 100% until well into this season. So, if that's the case, I apologize.

Yes, it would be prudent for Denver to bring in more depth at CB, but at least we have two capable starters and a promising 3rd/ nickle back. Lack of backfield leadership seems to be more of an issue than lack of talent. On the other hand, do the Broncos have a viable starter at MLB? Do they have a solution at OG that will be successful? Even if they do, they're sacrificing depth, and additionally we need a solution that will allow our running game to gain good yards against defenses like San Francisco's, Seattle's, and Arizona's. So that's why I see those holes as more glaring. We disagree though, and I'm content to leave it at that.

No, you did more than misrepresent by a couple of weeks. My exact quote was "I think best case he's not up to his usual self until around week 8. That is not the same as saying, "After all, everyone knows that since he suffered an ACL tear, that it's not possible for him to be 100% until at least week 10."

In case you're still struggling to understand the difference, allow me to help a little:

My quote - I think
Your straw man - everyone knows - not possible

See the difference?

As for feeling your opinion was being ridiculed, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're ridiculing you. You don't think corner is a priority over offensive line or mlb; I think it's the priority and it's imperative that the Broncos upgrade. We both gave our reasons why we think that, and it doesn't have to be any more than that.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could very well be that Harris' injury wasn't as serious as it was originally painted out to be. If this is the case, (And Harris and the team probably have the best information to work from), then it bodes well for this upcoming season. Until there's credible evidence to the contrary, I'd say the odds of Harris being back and playing well come week 1 are pretty decent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem here is people hear ACL tear and assume the worst. There are different levels of tears resulting in different recovery times. You look at a guy like gronk whose knee got completely torn apart and yes it is going to take a long time. Harris' was almost to the point he could have actually played on it. So to assume it will take clear till week 8 for him to get back to form is actually the bigger assumption than that of him returning week one at this point to full health. He actually from what I understand started his rehab even before Von even though his tear was a month later. So again this is like the difference between a bone that has been shattered and one that is just a hair line fracture

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An ACL tear can be anything to a partial tear to complete tear and other ligaments and parts of the knee can be affected.

Elway had a partial tear of his ACL and played on it for 7 years wearing a brace. He chose to not have surgery because back then the recovery would have sidelined him for part of the following season.

I completely tore my ACL, MCL, PCL and partially tore my miniscus.

To give an example, take a Chicken thigh and leg and bend it back until all the ligaments tear clean and the cartilage in between the joints and the skin is the only thing holding it together.

I needed 2 surgeries and had 12 months of intense physical therapy and I still have to do rehab exercises to this day or it degrades. That was 6 years ago and I am still not 100% and never will be.

Every injury and individual will have different recovery times that are affected by both the severity of the injury and how quickly their individual body heals.

Impossible to predict anything but it would be safe to say that Harris' injury was a minor tear and it is within possibility that he has a full recovery by the start of next season.

Only time will tell.