• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wise getting ready to unleash the gloom

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tries to make comparisons to other ex Eagles, like Trotter and McNabb as reasons to stay away.
Does he not realize what a devastating receiving tandem can do for our young QB? Also what it would do for our entire team.

Other team's trash. Bad guy. blah blah blah.
Hope he has a box of tissues.

Don't worry Mike! It ain't nothin but a gangsta party! :laugh3:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like someone said in the WP comments - Wise & Reid probably flipped a coin yesterday to determine which one would take the pro & con for this issue. I also have no doubt that if the Skins passed on Jackson that Wise would write some scathing article at a later time blasting the Redskins for their inaction on this one.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like someone said in the WP comments - Wise & Reid probably flipped a coin yesterday to determine which one would take the pro & con for this issue. I also have no doubt that if the Skins passed on Jackson that Wise would write some scathing article at a later time blasting the Redskins for their inaction on this one.

That is sports reporting these days. Steven A. versus Bayless. I pay zero attention. Most so-called reporters no little of the sport. They all specialize in drama. Guys like Keim I respect because they actually know the sport but the rest are garbage.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise cant be objective because he has a personal beef with the team owner and the team in general. He takes pride in his ability to take shots at the team. I get the feeling if it ever does work for Snyder and the Skins, he will be the one guy in the bar down on 9th street throwing his empty beer bottle at the big screen.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise is an idiot and one of the main reasons I cancelled by 25 year subscription to the WP. He has to be one of the worst sports reporters I have ever seen.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAybe its just me, but the post in general seems to go out of their way to hire sports writers who are NOT fans of the local teams. Its like they put on the per-interview questionnaire Are you a Redskins fan check no or no in order to continue the interview process. Any other answer will end the interview.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAybe its just me, but the post in general seems to go out of their way to hire sports writers who are NOT fans of the local teams. Its like they put on the per-interview questionnaire Are you a Redskins fan check no or no in order to continue the interview process. Any other answer will end the interview.

I agree with you, but could actually not care less if he is a fan. He is just a terrible reporter. He is pompous, he hasn't a clue about football and he has diarrhea of the mouth. WP used to have one of the best sports reporters, now they are nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike wise sucks

i dont need a yes man as a reporter but can he at least like the team ? he is the moron who started the skins name change part dew :wtf2:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. Im as critical of the team as any one. But I dont proclaim every move a failure and LOOK for reasons to rag on the team. Wise does. With him, its personal.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a few things that go on here in Washington. First the team has stunk for 20+ years. Maybe even more so Snyder has not fostered any good will in this city and is looked at with disdain by most. Lastly it is the way the media operates now, tear down not build up. It is not just the Redskins but they are still No. 1 around here.