• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Sando hosting a 49ers chat shortly

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're a bit better actually especially when Crabtree returns.

Offensive line might be better since guys like Iupati, Davis, and especially Boone haven't hit their ceilings yet.

WR corp outside of the Crabtree loss is better. Boldin is going to be far more useful than Moss and everybody is going to be more useful than Ginn and Jenkins.

RB I say we're roughly the same.

TE could go either way. Davis sounds like he might be more a productive pass catcher and we just don't know for sure what McDonald is going to bring to the table this year especially compared to what Walker brought last season.

DL I think we're better with Williams at NT and the depth overall has improved.

OLB we're better

ILB about the same

Secondary might be the one are you could say we got worse. Cox I believe will be better but we still haven't seen Nnamdi and Reid really get tested yet though. Brown and Rogers I expect will be par for the course.

Most importantly I expect Kaepernick to be much better with getting those early starts last season out of the way and having a full offseason as the number 1 guy. So I expect the offense to be much more creative this season than last.

About the same my ass. 49ers have 2 of the absolute best ILBers in the game. If they keep performing as they have they might be the best duo of ILBers on a team ever. Seattle does not have that. They have good ILBers but they do not have great ones like the 9ers do.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sando is a Seattle homer and always has been. I rarely agree with his assessments as they refer to our division.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
About the same my ass. 49ers have 2 of the absolute best ILBers in the game. If they keep performing as they have they might be the best duo of ILBers on a team ever. Seattle does not have that. They have good ILBers but they do not have great ones like the 9ers do.

I'm not comparing teams but how I think each position group will do this season compared to last.

I think Willis and Bowman will perform about the same as they did last season which is a very good thing for us.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing teams but how I think each position group will do this season compared to last.

I think Willis and Bowman will perform about the same as they did last season which is a very good thing for us.

Speaking of ILB's, I really like Wilhoite's production thus far. I know depth at the position is a concern ( as well as it should be) but having him perhaps rotate and possibly play on passing downs provides the team with some options.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would, at least after it is over, put it on one page in start to finish order. Splitting into 16 pages backwards? Just proves that ESPN can't get anything right when it comes to format of fans talk (which I consider this as).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got us at 11-5. People love seattle this year but I think they fall short.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really curious to see what happens with Seattle in week one. I think there's a real chance that they're looking past that game to the Niners, it's an early start, and they've got a lot of injuries on the DL. I think there's a good chance they struggle, and a decent chance they lose.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would, at least after it is over, put it on one page in start to finish order. Splitting into 16 pages backwards? Just proves that ESPN can't get anything right when it comes to format of fans talk (which I consider this as).

I found that to be a pain in the rear end as well!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured I'd post this here. From Barrows' most recent chat. Made me laugh for a variety of reasons.

Comment From Guest
Chiefs vs 49ers SB??? good ratings??

MattB_49:
If A.J. Jenkins is the MVP I'll shave my head.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very interested to see what Seattle does this year. They've got a brutal road schedule, facing the division, Carolina, Houston, Indy, Atlanta, and the Giants in December. All the games outside the division are early starts. It's not too hard to imagine each of those out-of-division teams making the playoffs, and I think there's a chance they look past the Panthers because they face us the following week. Even last year they struggled on the road. Obviously they have the talent to be one of if not the best team in the league, but I want to see them show that they can maintain their level of play on the road before I hand them the division.

They struggled with Carolina on the road last year (winning 16-12), but Wilson steadily improved after that. I do kind a buy the part about them overlooking Carolina a little bit with SF in primetime the next week. Newton has accuracy issues, but he can extend plays, turn a busted play into a TD, and get the ball down the field quickly. Carolina's defense is improved too (especially their dline). Carroll doesn't exactly have a history of success in the NFL. I could see 10-6 from the Seacunts, but also 13-3 if they catch the right breaks. Obviously, I'm hoping for the former rather than the latter.