• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Richards Tweets

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter

MRichie18 Michael Richards
Thanks to everyone in Philly for a great 6 yrs. What a great city and an awesome place to play. #NHL #flyers

Thanks to everyone in Philly for a great 6 yrs. What a great city and an awesome place to play.

EDIT: LOL, retweeting to add the hashtags?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Richards Tweets Again

Party time LA style!! That's right baby!!! :whoo:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he is going to love it there alright. I still cant believe he is gone.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit shocking to say the least. I guess everyone had sort of expected the Carter deal, but to trade away your captain and another core part of your franchise was completely unexpected.

I suppose the Flyers had lost faith in the ability of Richie to lead this team. There's no other way to explain it.

There's an influx of youth now on the team with Giroux, JvR, Voracek and Simmonds plus Schenn and a pack of prospects on the way if no more trades are made. I think the future of the Flyers just got a lot brighter. None of us are sure about the present however. There shouldn't be any issues in net or on defense for the upcoming season though. Let's hope that the young guys grab the reigns and run with this opportunity.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit shocking to say the least. I guess everyone had sort of expected the Carter deal, but to trade away your captain and another core part of your franchise was completely unexpected.

I suppose the Flyers had lost faith in the ability of Richie to lead this team. There's no other way to explain it.

There's an influx of youth now on the team with Giroux, JvR, Voracek and Simmonds plus Schenn and a pack of prospects on the way if no more trades are made. I think the future of the Flyers just got a lot brighter. None of us are sure about the present however. There shouldn't be any issues in net or on defense for the upcoming season though.

Yep saw the Carts trade coming wks ago but Richie moving wow I couldn't speak. In the long run they win but hard to say what will happen next year although Schenn may be ready. Wow!!!!!

Very sad to see you go Richie you were my favorite when you were on and healthy you were the Flyers...that's all I can say right now I'm choked....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can't help but feel like we're taking a step back in the present, but we shall see. If the extra cap space and picks are used wisely, this could turn out to be a very successful team next season. Also, the contracts that we hand out to Voracek, Simmonds and Leino will have to be reasonable in order to still be able to make other moves.

It's just tough to see potentially 70-80 goals walk off of your team just like that. In a way, this suddenly looks like a team that is going to have to rely more on defense and goaltending to win games. I don't know if that will change tonight or not, but if it doesn't, we still won't know whether it's a good or bad move until well into next season.

I feel that Richie and Carter will have a lot of success on seperate teams out west, but we shall see. Those aren't exactly two teams that have been making Cup runs as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brzy will make up for a lot of lost goals but don't forget JVR and Giroux are getting better every time they see the ice. Wouldn't shock me if they both hit 30. Voracek can easily get 20 as well as Simmonds. Schenn is the wildcard if he plays well watch out. I still like they're chances in 2012 better....which stinks as I predicted this coming season would be it. Ah well.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brzy will make up for a lot of lost goals but don't forget JVR and Giroux are getting better every time they see the ice. Wouldn't shock me if they both hit 30. Voracek can easily get 20 as well as Simmonds. Schenn is the wildcard if he plays well watch out. I still like they're chances in 2012 better....which stinks as I predicted this coming season would be it. Ah well.

I wouldn't count out the Flyers by a long shot........now they have balance.......something Boston perfected and guess what they have......yup the Cup!!!!:gossip:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count out the Flyers by a long shot........now they have balance.......something Boston perfected and guess what they have......yup the Cup!!!!:gossip:

True dat! Definitely haven't given up but unless they add a little more scoring they may not have enough until Schenn brings it. I still think Homer has something up his sleeve he'd not done yet!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I gotta wish KING RICHARDS all the best, I live in VanCity so I'll be up watching L.A games 7:30 starts here on the west coast. The thing the Flyers can't replace is the intangibles he brings in the playoffs. Can't count this past year, who was he playing with, and the team was done in early february.