• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike McCoy Fired Again

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCoy was a very good OC before he went to San Diego to be their head coach. He has been fired in Denver and Arizona on back to back years. I am not sure what happened, but he seems to be a shadow of his former self.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCoy was a very good OC before he went to San Diego to be their head coach. He has been fired in Denver and Arizona on back to back years. I am not sure what happened, but he seems to be a shadow of his former self.

*cough*peytonmanning*cough*

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoys O is too hard for today's soft players.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he is no longer the 'Real McCoy.'

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bronco offense that beat the league with Tim Tebow? The Tebow team that beat the Steelers in the playoffs? The one who gave Rivers his best year as a qb. Simply pointing out that he's been a lot better than just when he had the shell of the player that used to be PFM.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco offense that beat the league with Tim Tebow? The Tebow team that beat the Steelers in the playoffs? The one who gave Rivers his best year as a qb. Simply pointing out that he's been a lot better than just when he had the shell of the player that used to be PFM.

If it wasn't for Denver's defense in 2011, that tebow-led team wouldn't have done jack shit. That offense was terrible

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Denver's defense in 2011, that tebow-led team wouldn't have done jack shit. That offense was terrible

You mean the offense that put up 477 yards, 8.1 per play, 15 yards per pass, 131 rushing yards, 316 passing yards and 29 points in the playoffs again the Steelers ??

I do agree with you on McCoy .. McCoy's time in Denver had two very independent QBs ... They basically starting running Tebow's college offense and with Manning - well, I don;t think any explanation is necessary ..

I remember going back and and looking at the Broncos record before Tebow was named starter for that game in Miami -- The organization had been driven into the ground and had become an embarrassment -- they were something like 9 -21 or 9 -24 leading up to the Tebow game vs the Fins ...

McCoy had been there all along ... so was that defense ... that season changed for one reason and one reason only -- Tim Tebow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the offense that put up 477 yards, 8.1 per play, 15 yards per pass, 131 rushing yards, 316 passing yards and 29 points in the playoffs again the Steelers ??

I do agree with you on McCoy .. McCoy's time in Denver had two very independent QBs ... They basically starting running Tebow's college offense and with Manning - well, I don;t think any explanation is necessary ..

I remember going back and and looking at the Broncos record before Tebow was named starter for that game in Miami -- The organization had been driven into the ground and had become an embarrassment -- they were something like 9 -21 or 9 -24 leading up to the Tebow game vs the Fins ...

McCoy had been there all along ... so was that defense ... that season changed for one reason and one reason only -- Tim Tebow
So one game and the o was amazing, got it

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They put up those numbers against Pittsburgh because Pittsburgh foolishly went in with perhaps the stupidest defensive game plan in the history of NFL Playoff games, with literally no safety help over the top for almost the entire game (back when it took place, I thought "how could dick lebeau be so stupid?? "..but as time has progressed, it has become clear that tomlin's fingerprints were all over that garbage) And that game plan gave Tebow the confidence he needed to just let it rip. And once the Broncos got the best of Pittsburgh with a couple of deeper throws, they were able to mix in the run game pretty decently. And of course, that was just one game, pretty much that entire regular season was painful to watch, as far as Denver's offense was concerned. McCoy has always been a chud

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s quit making excuses for why Pitt lost to Denver.

I think it’s fair to say McCoy has had his ups and downs in the coaching circuit.

The Cardinals didn’t exactly give him a stellar supporting cast. Great RB. Terrible banged up OL with essentially one proven weapon at WR/TE who is near the end of his career.

Not making an excuse for McCoy as he has had his struggles but pretty big challenge there while throwing out a rookie QB with one of the worst OL in the NFL with their best OL injury riddled.

Let’s just be real here.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one game and the o was amazing, got it

No, I never used the word amazing, but they got it done when they needed to

The offense wasn't amazing, but the run the team went on when Tebow took over was

A QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn kickstarted the resurrection of a franchise