• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Florio is the Man

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not aware that PFT could mention the Lions name with out some kind of snide comment.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I know what you mean. There's that one guy in particular, Michael David Smith, a very jaded former Lions fan and beat writer, who can't seem to write anything about the Lions without adding something negative in there.

I thought it was just me who thought/noticed that, but he penned an article after cut-down day about how we cut some draft "mistakes" this year. Given that these "mistakes" were all late-round guys (with the exception of R. Lewis, that was just a plain bad pick) he got tore up in the comments section. Good teams often cut their later round picks because they're simply not as good as the players already on the roster at their position. Very rarely will all of a team's draft picks make the final roster.

It seems to me that PFT is more about putting out op-ed pieces than doing good, in-depth, reporting. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes people don't understand that what they're reading is just the opinion of some guy who may or may not know all that much about any given team. That's why I like local beat writers- they see the team every day and have a far better understanding of what's really going on. Unfortunately the Lions are saddled with a bunch of really crappy beat writers right now. Birkett of the Free Press is pretty clueless, as is Carlos whats-his-name for the News. Both seem to favor watered down reporting that caters to casual fans. Justin Rodgers on Mlive is decent, but he's really about the only one I can think of right now...

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the Lions are saddled with a bunch of really crappy beat writers right now.
I would think you would see today's Lion beat writers as refreshing since Tom Kowalski was a lot like many of us in here. HONEST. You must have hated hearing the truth from Tom on a regular basis. A true Lion fan though, like us.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think you would see today's Lion beat writers as refreshing since Tom Kowalski was a lot like many of us in here. HONEST. You must have hated hearing the truth from Tom on a regular basis. A true Lion fan though, like us.

My first thumbs down, brought to you by a guy who can't let an argument go long after it has gotten his initial account banned.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Killer. He was honest, as you said. But trying to pass of many in here as "honest" is inaccurate. Jaded/Negative and honest are not one in the same. You (since you said "us") are clearly anything but honest.

On a related note, I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to form like this and start trying to pick fights again. You kept the nice guy act up longer than you did the first time, as Principal57, but alas, you're back to slinging mud.

You'd better be careful and remember that you're only here on our good graces- if you start back into that crap that got you banned the first time you'll be gone for good this time around. And don't just assume you'll create yet another alternate account and get back on- we knew it was you from day one (as did the admins) and only allowed you to stay on as long as you were being civil. If that civility stops you're outta here, savvy?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio is a piece of monkey shit. All he ever does is crack bad jokes and cry about the Redskins. I quit reading that site about a year ago when I realized he says 90% of what he says just to piss people off. He's got zero journalistic integrity. I don't care what he says about the Lions. I remember when all PFT did was talk shit about Suh and the Lions. Fuck Mike Florio. He's a bitch.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio is a piece of monkey shit. All he ever does is crack bad jokes and cry about the Redskins. I quit reading that site about a year ago when I realized he says 90% of what he says just to piss people off. He's got zero journalistic integrity. I don't care what he says about the Lions. I remember when all PFT did was talk shit about Suh and the Lions. Fuck Mike Florio. He's a bitch.

Eloquent and to the point! I would say I don't go to the site, but on slow days at work I will swing by after I have finished reading real sports.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I follow the site regularly, mostly because they cover all of the breaking news across the league as faster than any other single site. Not a fan of a lot of their writers, and especially not Florio....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I follow the site regularly, mostly because they cover all of the breaking news across the league as faster than any other single site. Not a fan of a lot of their writers, and especially not Florio....

Follow Rotoworld.com

That's where PFT steals all their facts from and just adds their crappy TMZ like opinions.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow Rotoworld.com

That's where PFT steals all their facts from and just adds their crappy TMZ like opinions.

Someone with football sense has finally spoken......

:10::agree:

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Killer. He was honest, as you said. But trying to pass of many in here as "honest" is inaccurate. Jaded/Negative and honest are not one in the same. You (since you said "us") are clearly anything but honest. On a related note, I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to form like this and start trying to pick fights again. You kept the nice guy act up longer than you did the first time, as Principal57, but alas, you're back to slinging mud.
Well I have not seen that side of others in here yet. I see them talk about topics that may be painful for a Lion fan to hear and to me, that is being honest. Killer drove a thorn under the nail of many Lion fans because he was honest and Lions fans did not want to hear that. Slinging mud? Seriously?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the guy who one of his first posts was quoted from Principal57 and LIED to us all that he tweaked it and it was his....:laugh3::bawling:

This guy almost makes me miss BSlegend!!:gaah: