• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan's Recruiting Class may end up being the best they've ever had

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just buying into all the hype of some of the "Pro Michigan" websites, but these two things popped up on those message boards the past few days:

BREAKING: Nation's Top RB Decommits From Buckeyes

The nation's top running back according to the 247Sports Composite Ranking, Wayne (NJ) DePaul Catholic four-star Kareem Walker, has decommitted from Ohio State.

Michigan, led by Tyrone Wheatley and Jim Harbaugh, appear to be the favorites for his services.

The Wolverines hosted Walker officially for their game against Northwestern last month and have been considered a viable threat for his services since around that time. Walker is ranked the 2nd best player in New Jersey according to the 247Sports Composite, behind the nation's #1 player in Rashan Gary, another prospect believed to be favoring Michigan.

And living in Georgia, this was on every Georgia Bulldog fans facebook feed:

BREAKING: Nation's #2 QB Recruit Jacob Eason (Georgia Commit) Has Reached Out To Michigan, Alabama, Florida, and Notre Dame

Eason is likely to come as a package-deal with the nation's #1 TE, 5-star Isaac Nauta. Nauta has long been considered leaning to Georgia, but would likely look around more if Richt was no longer the coach. Nauta and Eason have spoken multiple times in the past few days, and have Michigan as ther mutual #1, with Florida a close second.

I never thought they would fire Mark Richt, as he is averaging nearly 10 wins a season over the past 14 years at the University of Georgia, but I've never seen so many news sources around here hinting that there are discussions going on right now. If they do let Richt go (which I think is foolish, from an outsiders perspective), Eason is definitely a free agent IMO.

It's looking pretty good for Michigan's recruiting class right now, and if they manage to upset the Buckeyes at the end of the year, you may just see this class EXPLODE into one of the greatest classes in Michigan history.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if they get this Eason kid, Michigan will have:

John O'Korn
Shane Morris
Wilton Speight
Zach Gentry
Alex Malzone
Brandon Peters
Victor Viramontes
Jacob Eason

8 scholarships on QB's? Seems a bit much to me. Does Michigan really want almost 10% of the roster spent on QB's?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if they get this Eason kid, Michigan will have:

John O'Korn
Shane Morris
Wilton Speight
Zach Gentry
Alex Malzone
Brandon Peters
Victor Viramontes
Jacob Eason

8 scholarships on QB's? Seems a bit much to me. Does Michigan really want almost 10% of the roster spent on QB's?

IMO Shane Morris, and probably half the rest of that list will transfer.

I see it being Speight, Peters, and Eason if UGA fires Richt, with Viramontes being redshirted (he may de-commit if Eason comes though). If Richt stays, than it is possible that Morris stays to fight it out for a starting spot as a redshirt Junior. Regardless, that list likely will be cut in half due to transfers IMO.

You also didn't include Michael Shuster on that list, although he is considered a "preferred walk on" . Again, I doubt he also sticks with Michigan if Eason comes to town, because he has had a few offers from some other small programs.