• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State @ Iowa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this match up for the Hawks. In my opinion, this is a contender/pretender game for both teams. Both teams have very good defenses and running games. I think that this game comes down to which qb steps up and makes plays. Iowa has the edge in this match up with Rudock. I'm taking Iowa 17-13 at home.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to your 2 to 0 blocked punt out of the end zone victory prediction?? Last time Mich State entered Kinnick, they spanked our ass...pay backs are hell.

Iowa rolls, 30 to 6...

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could go either way. My hope is that Iowa gets out to an early lead and then runs the ball down their throats with a few timely passes from JR.

Iowa 31
MSU 23

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that was an interesting half, looks like our offense forgot the game started at 11...get past noon and they come alive...our D is hanging in there but we need to hit Cook a few times to get him off his game, their running game is nothing special without him passing the ball

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Offense and even worse D. That's the poorest display of tackling i've seen in a long time. I'm going to try hard to forget this game.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I do not understand:
1. Was Weisman hurt? Why did he not play most of the game? Why abandon the rushing game totally?
2. KMM was hurt I guess, so why was he dressed in pads?
3. Their CB Dennard was hurt supposedly on a play...oh wait, more fake injuries by MSU.
4. I think for every fake punt that is successful against Iowa, KF should donate $100K from his salary to charity.
5. Did they not tell the Iowa team the game started at 11 am?

Just have to put this behind us, go get killed at OSU, then look to win 2 of the remaining 5 if not more. Not impressed with any of the other teams we play other than OSU and NW...we can win 3 of the 5.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey the one good thing...have not allowed a rushing td against us in 2013 yet

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disappointed in all facets of today's game. I did not see this coming from this years team. Looks like Iowa regressed big time today. I thought Iowa would have an easy go of things today...and head to Columbus with confidence. My observations today:

1) KF is still calling offensive plays.
2) How many one-yard pass completions are in the playbook?
3) Weisman looked very slow today against the MSU defense
4) D'antonio is a dirty coach - and his players play dirty!
5) One of the worst tackling performances by a KF coached team in some time!
6) Iowa's defense still can't get to a QB in the gun/pistol formation. Rolling the pocket may be something that other teams implement.
7) Iowa's defense made Cook look real good today.

I'm worried that Iowa was exposed today as a pretender. I'll be interesting to see what KF puts out on the field in two weeks against Ohio St.

Come on Hawks!!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he caught a TD, but dang CJ, can you catch any ball and actually run with it like most all our old TE's did? I think Hamilton is way better than CJ at this point, Duzey as well...CJ goes down so easy, it's amazing, how big is this guy and any hit on him is a tackle.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

The telling statistic on CJFed - one only needs to look at Iowa's first third down play. CJFed falls down two yards short of the first down. From my chair, the look on his face after the fact was priceless - he knew he went down short on purpose. That play was THE play of the game for setting the tone and CJFed ended up being an epic fail when he needed to deliver.

By the way, on that very same play, why run a 5-yard route on a 3rd and seven play?

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

The telling statistic on CJFed - one only needs to look at Iowa's first third down play. CJFed falls down two yards short of the first down. From my chair, the look on his face after the fact was priceless - he knew he went down short on purpose. That play was THE play of the game for setting the tone and CJFed ended up being an epic fail when he needed to deliver.

By the way, on that very same play, why run a 5-yard route on a 3rd and seven play?

Yes, this one play cost us the field position battle for the entire 1st quarter. Why in the world does he just fall down there? I think he must just be a giant pussy, I can find no other reason why he continues to crumple before contact and have guys 5" shorter and 75lbs lighter tackle him with ease. He's playing better this year but just isn't going to be that TE we were all hoping for him to be. I guess size doesn't equate to toughness.

Does someone have a link to the Ferentz's post-game presser? I hope that some reporter had the balls to ask Kirk straight up "So why is it you get fake punts successfully called on you seemingly every week now?" I really wonder what he'd say to that.

In the end, though, all that notwithstanding, MSU is/was the better team than Iowa. Better offensively, defensively, special teams and better coached. And their kids came out to play and had a chip on their shoulders, whereas Iowa was getting pushed around during and after the plays with zero fight in them.

Just felt like this was a lot of last year's nonsense allllllllll over again and really am not happy with the team right now. Even if we muster 2 more wins - which is a stretch at this point - not sure I'm very excited to go to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl to play Tennessee Technical College.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over it...the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...how the fuck can KF continue this shit in big games? We don't utilize our TEs, we don't utilize Powell...the one time we tried to Rudock got creamed...if he had another half second to throw that ball Powell was off to the races

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is known for tough physical defenses, outstanding line play, and apparently in ability to defend punts.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Your point about Iowa getting pushed around during and after plays is spot on! I noticed that too and willing the players were to let that happen. I'd settle for one of Iowa's players getting a 15-yard penalty for standing up for themselves or their teammate.

I too am looking for the games where Iowa will win on the schedule. At Purdue might be the only one. And that bugs the crapola out of me.

Come on Hawks!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking to 8 wins and chalking this one up as a tough loss and horrible coaching display, repeat of the NIU game..

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

Where are you seeing Iowa winning four more B1G games?

@ Ohio St - that's a loss
Northwestern - Iowa can't get to a QB in the shotgun/pistol formation - that's a loss
Wisconsin - played @ Ohio St and threw the ball effectively (but couldn't run against OSU) - could be a win here...but could also be a loss
@ Purdue - seems like a game Iowa can win at this point
Michigan - has more talent and has been winning ugly games - that's a loss
@ Nebraska - that's a loss

Going 5-7 this year seems like a probability. But if nothing changes, Iowa could be 4-8 again this year.

As you correctly stated...more coaching problems from KF and his staff. That fact alone puts Iowa down 4.5 points going into every game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Iowa get 8 wins this year -- but that will be a monumental feet to achieve. The toughest part of Iowa's schedule has already started. Purdue looks to be the easiest opponent that Iowa will face the rest of the way.

Come on Hawks!!! Get back on track and win games!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoops, every game on this schedule is winnable. The only team in the B1G that dominates is Ohio State, other than OSU.... the B1G is mediocre to bad. But, good luck with the whole nuse thing....