• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan St vs Virginia

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone here.. Should have just made both.. They had to go full court with 1.4 seconds left..

coach k did it in the title game against butler. ball was about an inch from coach k getting some heat from the media

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Sparty fans.

Now someone please beat that damn Wolverine team

hellUVA game, ya fuckn Wahoos ya.
Best defense I've seen in a long time.
Good to see Cavalier Nation back where it belongs.

go green
go white

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some game. Virginia hung in better than I figured; however it should be noted the best from the ACC was barely beaten by the best from the Big10 so probably should have figured it would be close. Congrats to Virginia for sneaking up on all of us and winning both the ACC and the ACC tournament.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Now every bandwagon casual fan is going to win their bracket with Michigan St moving on

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Now every bandwagon casual fan is going to win their bracket with Michigan St moving on

Now hold on there; seems to me there was a thread about whether or not folks were buying into the MSU and Louisville hype. You might want to go read that thread and see just how many on here were not buying into the so-called "Hype".

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everyone here.. Should have just made both.. They had to go full court with 1.4 seconds left..

Disagree. Make it and Virginia can pass it all the way down the court, potentially get lucky and actually catch the pass, then have a shot at a 3 from less than half court.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Butler probably had 3 seconds to work with at least, so it's a different situation. The UVA attempt there was a 1 in a million shot since defenders were all around him. Once he corralled the rebound he should have done a full court football pass. Instead he dribbled and didn't even get the shot off

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

Agree; with just 2 seconds remaining, it takes almost that long to get a rebound and most rebounds are not clean unobstructed rebounds. The odds of getting a clean rebound, turning and heaving a ball the entire length of the floor and making that shot are slim to none and Slim left town.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some game. Virginia hung in better than I figured; however it should be noted the best from the ACC was barely beaten by the best from the Big10 so probably should have figured it would be close. Congrats to Virginia for sneaking up on all of us and winning both the ACC and the ACC tournament.

Not sure what standings you're looking at but MSU finished 3rd in the B1G. ACC just wasn't that strong this year. I know you've been trying to tout the conference all season, but no teams in the elite 8 is quite bad.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Make it and Virginia can pass it all the way down the court, potentially get lucky and actually catch the pass, then have a shot at a 3 from less than half court.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Butler probably had 3 seconds to work with at least, so it's a different situation. The UVA attempt there was a 1 in a million shot since defenders were all around him. Once he corralled the rebound he should have done a full court football pass. Instead he dribbled and didn't even get the shot off

Completely agree. I thought Michigan inadvertently made the right call missing the free throw. There are several reasons:

1. It forces immediate decisions. In bounds gives you a moment to gather your thoughts
2. Generally the rebound is by a player that does not have experience handling the ball and making decisions
3. You have to grab the ball and turn. Takes a second to turn and gather momentum
4. Made basket gives you the ability to get into a set. You can post people at half court and the foul line.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is whether (Odds of making shot off the rebound) is greater than (Odds of Making Shot Off In-Bounds Pass x Odds of winning in overtime).

I just don't see how that answer isn't no. Izzo made the right call. I've never seen a team make a shot off the rebound like that, and I can think of several inbounds passes that worked with that amount of time.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what standings you're looking at but MSU finished 3rd in the B1G. ACC just wasn't that strong this year. I know you've been trying to tout the conference all season, but no teams in the elite 8 is quite bad.

MSU wasn't healthy until the end of the season, and they proceeded to win the B1G tourney. MSU is the best team in the B1G, no doubt about it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na-Na-Na-Na

Na-Na-Na-Na

Hey Hey Hey...

30 wins.
ACC Champions.

Remind me again why a VT fan should be talking trash about UVa basketball?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. I thought Michigan inadvertently made the right call missing the free throw. There are several reasons:

1. It forces immediate decisions. In bounds gives you a moment to gather your thoughts
2. Generally the rebound is by a player that does not have experience handling the ball and making decisions
3. You have to grab the ball and turn. Takes a second to turn and gather momentum
4. Made basket gives you the ability to get into a set. You can post people at half court and the foul line.

It's Michigan STATE

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 wins.
ACC Champions.

Remind me again why a VT fan should be talking trash about UVa basketball?

Congrats on a great season jeffro. UVA was strong all season long. The Cavs should be good again next season too. MSU was, has been, and will be the team to beat in this tourney. I had them as the best team at the beginning of the season.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most folks believed that MSU at the end of the BIG10 tournament was in fact the best the Big10 has to offer followed by Wisconsin and then Michigan. At least; that's how I saw it....and you are correct; my opinion of the ACC was not correct. Thought they were better.