• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Cole

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd forgotten about Manning. I just assumed he wasn't good enough or injured or something. Was it football related? Would the coaches let it get out if it was?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Manning hurts. Better hope Kendall is all he's cracked up to be, because he may have to be out nickel corner next season.

Let's hope that Fuller IV, Clark, and maybe someone like Riley, Greene, Newsome, Facyson, etc. are all they are cracked up to be or are very quick learners and can play NEXT year. We only have two/three for next year by my count (Exum and Fuller III, who are seniors). I see no way that Jarrett stays at safety now for his entire career at VT. The coaches just need to go ahead and get him some reps back at CB starting in the spring. That is his natural position anyway. It seems to me that there are more potential safety prospects coming in than CBs.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope that Fuller IV, Clark, and maybe someone like Riley, Greene, Newsome, Facyson, etc. are all they are cracked up to be or are very quick learners and can play NEXT year. We only have two/three for next year by my count (Exum and Fuller III, who are seniors). I see no way that Jarrett stays at safety now for his entire career at VT. The coaches just need to go ahead and get him some reps back at CB starting in the spring. That is his natural position anyway. It seems to me that there are more potential safety prospects coming in than CBs.

Are you counting only guys who have playing experience? We currently have 5 CBs on scholarship besides Manning (Exum, Fuller, Riley, Greene, Tookes) without shifting guys around or counting the incoming class. I don't think Jarrett will be moving to CB next year, because he would sit behind Exum and Fuller and you don't take out a starter to give you depth, but anything is possible down the road. We'll have to see how some other guys pan out at Safety.

Still hoping the news about Manning will not be quite as bad as feared and he can find a way back. If not, at least we do have a good DB class coming in, and all the starters back (giving them a little time to learn before they're thrown into the fire).