• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Game Thread for the rest of the month of February

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade 5 for 14. Dragic can't make a free throw. Down 25 at home against a Pelicans team that just lost to Orlando last night and who had lost 4 straight. Bad feeling we gave up 2 first round picks for a 29 game rental.

Highly unlikely. You really think getting Dragic with this group of guys would win a title this year? This was a long term move obviously. Also Dragic did not expect to do much this year once he demanded to be traded because all the teams he had on his list were very bad and had no chance at a title.

You clearly know nothing about basketball and really sound like it if you're judging Dragic who just got to Miami yesterday, has not had one practice, and had less than one day to learn the playbook. You really expected him to come out here to drop 20 & 8?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I'll miss who we traded is Granger because Ennis is fucking awful.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 pts through 33 minutes?
Beasley working out at the arena.
Do the math.
It's time to put him back in a Heat jersey and let him rejuvenate this roster.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and just remember - Chris Bosh is out for the year with what could be a life-threatening situation. This is just some stupid game. Nothing to get worked up about. There is a little more to life. But it is worth mentioning that your life has to really suck if your happiness is dependent on how a team performance on a given night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 pts through 33 minutes?
Beasley working out at the arena.
Do the math.
It's time to put him back in a Heat jersey and let him rejuvenate this roster.

I would gladly take him back as the backup SF. Ennis sucks and does nothing good on the court unless he's on a fastbreak.

He is a shitty player

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally saw this coming with Bosh being out for season and facing legitimate health issues. One thing when you it is the Knicks.. Pelicans completely other beast.

Had Bosh stayed healthy I thought Miami was a real threat in the East. But the lack of bench depth would have limited them. No way we could win a title. Best case scenario would be a finals appearance, but realistically it would be an ECF out. But as the #7 seed likely (even with Bosh) a real possibility of a first round exit with Chicago and Clevelad matchup was completely likely.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Highly unlikely. You really think getting Dragic with this group of guys would win a title this year? This was a long term move obviously. Also Dragic did not expect to do much this year once he demanded to be traded because all the teams he had on his list were very bad and had no chance at a title.

You clearly know nothing about basketball and really sound like it if you're judging Dragic who just got to Miami yesterday, has not had one practice, and had less than one day to learn the playbook. You really expected him to come out here to drop 20 & 8?

You totally missed my point. Did not expect Dragic to kill it tonight or in the next 4 to 5 games. The point that I was making which I made when we got him was that the move was high risk and high reward. Shortly after he signed, there were already rumors of him being highly interested in the Lakers and at his press conference he said on more than one occasion that the NBA is a business when asked if he would be with the Heat beyond the season.

You guys have been the homers this year. Just happy to hear that the prognosis for Bosh is good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You totally missed my point. Did not expect Dragic to kill it tonight or in the next 4 to 5 games. The point that I was making which I made when we got him was that the move was high risk and high reward. Shortly after he signed, there were already rumors of him being highly interested in the Lakers and at his press conference he said on more than one occasion that the NBA is a business when asked if he would be with the Heat beyond the season.

You guys have been the homers this year. Just happy to hear that the prognosis for Bosh is good.

I don't think it was much of a risk. I don't think Pat had any intentions of going after Dragic until Dragic had Miami on his list of preferred destinations. Rumors are going to be there until he re-signs. It was a risk that had to be made. In 2016 which is supposed to be the big FA year for us there is hardly any decent PGs available and Dragic was better than few decent ones on the list.

Re-sign Dragic and we have a nice top 6 next year of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, & McRoberts

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days ago in a recent Ask Ira, he was asked about Beas and he pretty much put any chance of him being brought back to rest - by saying that the Heat offensive and defensive system is different this season from previous seasons. So he wouldnt have the familiarity with the system he has had in the past. So there is that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why any of you expected to beat New Orleans after everything that happened since Thursday.

Beat Philly and Orlando the next 2 games and we would have won 4 of our last 6 games. I expect a much better performance next Friday when we play New Orleans.

We should really sign Blatche ASAP though. UD starting and using Deng as the backup PF isn't going to cut it.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After watching this game and last night's game, one has to ask...How bad are the Knicks? And as bad as they are, they only have 2 less wins at home than us!!!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should sign Blatche & Kirlenko.

Kirlenko gives us perimeter defense and means no more Ennis

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching this game and last night's game, one has to ask...How bad are the Knicks? And as bad as they are, they only have 2 less wins at home than us!!!!!!

They have not won a game without Melo all year long

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think it was much of a risk. I don't think Pat had any intentions of going after Dragic until Dragic had Miami on his list of preferred destinations. Rumors are going to be there until he re-signs. It was a risk that had to be made. In 2016 which is supposed to be the big FA year for us there is hardly any decent PGs available and Dragic was better than few decent ones on the list.

Re-sign Dragic and we have a nice top 6 next year of Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside, & McRoberts

Not much of a risk? Giving up two first round picks for a 29 game rental.....seems like a pretty big risk particularly in a year where we were not going to contend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a risk? Giving up two first round picks for a 29 game rental.....seems like a pretty big risk particularly in a year where we were not going to contend.

Who cares about the 2021 draft pick? For all you know we may be a legit contender by then and that pick could be the 27th pick of round 1.

It is a risk worth taking because PG was our biggest weakness obviously and no top PGs are free agents in 2016. I guess you much rather Pat sit on his ass do nothing?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between now & March 11th we should really rack up some wins. The only hard games on our schedule is New Orleans, Atlanta, Washington, & Phoenix. I'm going to go on record and say we'll have 30 or 31 wins after March 11th

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days ago in a recent Ask Ira, he was asked about Beas and he pretty much put any chance of him being brought back to rest - by saying that the Heat offensive and defensive system is different this season from previous seasons. So he wouldnt have the familiarity with the system he has had in the past. So there is that

We really don't have an offensive or defensive scheme that works unless we are playing the Knicks.
What I do know, as fact, is that Beasley in more talented then many players who are currently on the roster.
This season was shot the minute we lost Bosh.
If ever there was a time to experiment Beasley with Drogic, Wade, Beasley and Whiteside, why not now?

Spoelstra/ Riley need to see more of Ennis?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pat doesn't plan on signing Blatche to play PF, he should really explore playing Whiteside & Bird together at times because UD is awful

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has easiest schedule post all star break. We will be fine. We just are probably a first round exit in the playoffs. Just the way it is. Losing bosh hurts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has easiest schedule post all star break. We will be fine. We just are probably a first round exit in the playoffs. Just the way it is. Losing bosh hurts.

Exactly. The panic that take place when we lose to a team that is BETTER THAN US is hilarious