• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry draftmas!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trade out i bet, someone will want to swipe bridgewater out from the texans.

If we pick a player, timmy jernigan

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you gowazz02, I think there's a good chance we trade out to obtain a third. If not, and available, I see OL being addressed.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you gowazz02, I think there's a good chance we trade out to obtain a third. If not, and available, I see OL being addressed.

The money we can save by dropping down just a pick or two is huge too. Were gonna be tight the next few years with the lob resigned and rw coming up. So if we can save a couple hundred grand it would help.

Id like to see the UCLA guard, but I bet hes gone before we pick.

I don't see them reaching for the 6th or 7th or 8th best WR at that spot either

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you a heads up if you want to pick up an extra 3rd you are going to have to trade back to about the 18th or so pick in the 2nd round. Do you really want to trade back quite that far?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if we actually did pick 32.

We know JS/PC love draft picks. Think this is their favorite time of the year. And there should be some interest in that pick. Not just if one of the QB's is around that level, but what about a team with a need for a top RB? Huge difference between 32 and 33. Not just the money, but the terms of the contract. Would you rather have your RB tied up for 5 years with an option for 6 which is likely most of their shelf life, or 3 years with a renegotiation?

I just see someone from upper/middle 2nd round even overpaying for 32 and I can't see our FO passing it up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if we actually did pick 32.

We know JS/PC love draft picks. Think this is their favorite time of the year. And there should be some interest in that pick. Not just if one of the QB's is around that level, but what about a team with a need for a top RB? Huge difference between 32 and 33. Not just the money, but the terms of the contract. Would you rather have your RB tied up for 5 years with an option for 6 which is likely most of their shelf life, or 3 years with a renegotiation?

I just see someone from upper/middle 2nd round even overpaying for 32 and I can't see our FO passing it up.

1st round draft picks get a 4-year deal with a 5th-year option if I remember right. I do agree getting that extra year will be appealing to teams so there should be some decent value especially if the quarterbacks fall. I do think though New England and Denver if talent doesn't fall to them will be the places team try for. Doesn't mean Seattle won't have a chance just both of those teams have shown they like to trade back and have even said they are looking into it. I would have a hard time seeing 3 of the final 4 teams picking all get trade back deals. You never know though as this draft is setting up to be a crazy one. Nobody seems to know where any player is going to go. Usually by this point you have the top 5 picks just about figured out. Not the case this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the draft.. What time does it start ?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you a heads up if you want to pick up an extra 3rd you are going to have to trade back to about the 18th or so pick in the 2nd round. Do you really want to trade back quite that far?

In all honesty, if it means that we obtain a third then absolutely. Nothing is guaranteed with anybody in the draft, so I feel the value comes in numbers. Plus, the Hawks have shown that their scouting falls far beyond the first round so an extra pick in the third is more helpful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, if it means that we obtain a third then absolutely. Nothing is guaranteed with anybody in the draft, so I feel the value comes in numbers. Plus, the Hawks have shown that their scouting falls far beyond the first round so an extra pick in the third is more helpful.

Understandable. This draft is about as deep as they get so getting extra picks makes a lot of sense even if it does mean having to trade back that far. I just know though a lot of people have no clue on value of picks and think they can get a 3rd by only moving back a few spots kind of thing. With the depth of this draft it is going to be harder to get teams to trade up so teams are most likely going to have to take a bit less value than what they want. I personally am in the same boat as you as I would much rather trade back into the middle of the 2nd and pick up a mid-3rd round pick and add some great depth to an already deep team.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is I am betting some tall and fast corners and safeties get drafted earlier than expected which is great for us since we could use more help on the offensive side of the ball. D-line would be nice too, but having offensive players fall is to our advantage.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they sure have pushed that back. Or has Christmas really taken over the entire year. :laugh3:

Damn I forgot to get gifts. :bawling:

:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All I know is I am betting some tall and fast corners and safeties get drafted earlier than expected which is great for us since we could use more help on the offensive side of the ball. D-line would be nice too, but having offensive players fall is to our advantage.

I have to admit I lol'd at your avatar.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah, trying to turn it into a spectator event is kind of ridiculous. I watch to see who my team picks up, I don't really consider it entertainment.

You see that players are gonna get intro' music now?

I hope someone uses "Why Can't We Be Friends" like Homer Simpson did when he fought Drederick Tatum. :D

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see that players are gonna get intro' music now?

I hope someone uses "Why Can't We Be Friends" like Homer Simpson did when he fought Drederick Tatum. :D

Insane. It's the draft, they're essentially just reading off a list of names. I really don't think turning it into a dog and pony show is gonna boost ratings.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I lol'd at your avatar.

Yeah, I made that special for a Niner fan client of mine after the NFCCG. I gave him a week and a half to calm down first though.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I love the draft. I liked it better when it was just the weekend. But I watch just the same. I dont like it being pushed back. Make a show of it, but dont harm your product by doing so. Dragging out the predraft drama hurts rookies and teams looking to get impacts from rookies.