• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Merry Christmas

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to all.

It’s been a very relaxing and fun time with the kids and grandkids.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh finally a Christmas week w/o visiting a ton of family.

I like this a lot and yesterday was a simple day with the wife and kids nothing else going on with no additional plans to see any relatives.

Seriously do these other relatives really think I want to see them and honestly do they really want to see me? We never make an attempt to see/talk to each other any other time of the year so why ruin this time of year? :noidea:
NOTE: This rant DOES NOTE include any older relatives they don't have a choice in this matter most of the time. Namely my great-aunt who lives in assisted living.

Oh btw....Merry Christmas

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this a lot and yesterday was a simple day with the wife and kids nothing else going on with no additional plans to see any relatives.

Seriously do these other relatives really think I want to see them and honestly do they really want to see me? We never make an attempt to see/talk to each other any other time of the year so why ruin this time of year? :noidea:
NOTE: This rant DOES NOTE include any older relatives they don't have a choice in this matter most of the time. Namely my great-aunt who lives in assisted living.

I think this year was worse because you (read I) were being forced to facetime family and you cant really duck away to the washroom to dodge this like you can in a face to face xmas conversation.

way too much crying too ... sit down for dinner and about to chow down and my mom in law talks about remembering who isnt here tonight. Usually 20 peeps but only 6 this year. Then my wife crying because this is the first year of her life she hasnt spent xmas with her nana whos at her care home locked down in her room. And then me because there was no more stuffing.

drove back into town to see my parents (and facetime my brother) (and pick up lasagna my mom made us lol) on their back deck and my dad didnt leave the couch ... just yelled merry christmas from there lmao ... veteran move !

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year was worse because you (read I) were being forced to facetime family and you cant really duck away to the washroom to dodge this like you can in a face to face xmas conversation.

way too much crying too ... sit down for dinner and about to chow down and my mom in law talks about remembering who isnt here tonight. Usually 20 peeps but only 6 this year. Then my wife crying because this is the first year of her life she hasnt spent xmas with her nana whos at her care home locked down in her room. And then me because there was no more stuffing.

drove back into town to see my parents (and facetime my brother) (and pick up lasagna my mom made us lol) on their back deck and my dad didnt leave the couch ... just yelled merry christmas from there lmao ... veteran move !
Can you tell me more about the lasagna? That sounds intriguing.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell me more about the lasagna? That sounds intriguing.
Its a tradition in our family to have an entree size piece of lasagna as a starter/primo. My mom uses her homemade tomato sauce, theres some whipping cream in there with beef and pork fennel sausage. Meat sweats start early in the dinner

/speaking of italian meat sweats

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were expecting not to see anyone this year, but my aunt's passing changed that. Stayed with my cousin for a few days which was actually good for both of us I think. Her and I have always been really close and her husband is my hockey inspiration and has pretty much been the father influence in my life as far back as I can remember. So, while the circumstances really sucked I think it was kinda good for me to have spent the time with them. Also got to see family friends I haven't seen in too long.

My inlaws were in Florida at Mrs 43's sister's and they were apparently under the impression that we would stay back there in Baltimore until they arrived home (today), so that was fun on the zoom call... At least Mrs 43's younger brother, who lives 45 minutes from them, drew the ire away when they told him to bring their daughter down on Sunday for presents and he said they were "busy". And then suggested they just tell him what they were going to buy her, and he would go get it for her. I kinda get his point, with them having been in Florida... but so many better words could have been chosen.

It was nice staying in my jammies all day watching the snow fall while the house filled with the smell of ham.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tradition in our family to have an entree size piece of lasagna as a starter/primo. My mom uses her homemade tomato sauce, theres some whipping cream in there with beef and pork fennel sausage. Meat sweats start early in the dinner

:puke:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was confused by the reference and looked it up. Can't decide if I'm glad or not.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
A predicted flurry that became a white Christmas Day, a full week off work, not traveling anywhere, and cooked up another version of the guy below for a very Merry Christmas indeed. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

View attachment 261097
Looks fantastic.

I was at my parents' place for Christmas (all quarantined to prepare) and my mom made beef wellington as well.
Cooked the shit out of it though, which was a real shame, as it was nice cut of beef.

I think she seared if for 3 minutes on each side, then threw it in the oven for 20 minutes. that cow was d.e.a.d.

what was your cooking time?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks fantastic.

I was at my parents' place for Christmas (all quarantined to prepare) and my mom made beef wellington as well.

Cooked the shit out of it though, which was a real shame, as it was nice cut of beef.

I think she seared if for 3 minutes on each side, then threw it in the oven for 20 minutes. that cow was d.e.a.d.

what was your cooking time?

I only seer it for about 40-45 seconds on each side (four sides + 10-15 seconds on the ends), just enough to gray it, not to cook it. I then cook it for 40 minutes in the oven at 400 (turn down to 350 for the last 15 minutes if you like it a little more rare).

I've made it a half dozen times now and this year used a sirloin roast for the second time. I made two wellingtons this year and the meat cost a little over $50 (instead of around $100 for one wellington with tenderloin), and I was able to shape the roast to the exact size I wanted. The excess sirloin strips will be 2-3 more dinners to top a salad or have a fajita night. With the tenderloin, I'm nervous to cut or waste it much and honestly, I can't say it tastes any better. The sirloin has been just as good if not better.

I use Ramsay's recipe. It's worked well.