• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Memphis is a jumbled mess...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two ugly blowout losses against the two teams on their schedule that matter. I liked them before the season, but not now.

No big men depth behind Marc and Zach.

Jeff Green kills their chances. On a team lacking perimeter scoring threats, he has been wildly inconsistent in Memphis' grind-it-out style since coming over.

Vince Carter should have retired last year.

Mike Conley is a pedestrian game-manager at the point guard position. The team that shows him the money will regret it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is an overreaction thread. They'll be fine.

This is a team that plays a style I like - Unflashy, low-key, grind-it-out. Always been a Zach Randolph fan and believe he should have his jersey retired and possibly a HOF'er. That being said, there's not much depth here, and he's getting up there in age. They have a pedestrian coach, a good-but-not-great PG, and zero scoring threats on the wing.

I don't see a whole lot of upside here. They could miss the Playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had them picked as a fading team. 'They'll be fine' isn't exactly right. In the NBA you are either getting better or worse and this team didn't come in better.

I don't think making the playoffs would be 'fine' for this team and they look like a team that can't compete with the top squads in the West at all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll need some more time to see if they truly are declining. It's hard to tell with a team like Memphis because of their style. When they play a high powered offensive team like the Warriors, if that team gets hot, there really isn't much that Memphis can do to keep up, so you get blowouts.

On the other hand, they also haven't really done much to improve a roster that hasn't been able to get out of the Western Conference in the playoffs. So, even if they aren't declining, they also aren't good enough to make it to the NBA finals.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll need some more time to see if they truly are declining. It's hard to tell with a team like Memphis because of their style. When they play a high powered offensive team like the Warriors, if that team gets hot, there really isn't much that Memphis can do to keep up, so you get blowouts.

On the other hand, they also haven't really done much to improve a roster that hasn't been able to get out of the Western Conference in the playoffs. So, even if they aren't declining, they also aren't good enough to make it to the NBA finals.
I have to agree, they haven't gotten better. Lastnight was a train wreck for them. I mean, the Warriors had 10 blocks into the 3rd quarter...SMH. What is the point of having TWO bigs in the paint if they can't take advantage of smaller guys they face?? Ezeli and Green used Gasol and Zach last night and I'm pretty sure that emphatic win proved their win in last years series wasn't an accident or them getting lucky.

If Memphis doesn't get younger they're gonna fade away. Playing that slow half-court offense isn't gonna get them enough wins in the Western Conference.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably make the playoffs and could possibly win a series, but they're not good enough to win the West. I expect them to beat the Kings tonight, no Boogie vs Gasol and Zbo = problems.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree, they haven't gotten better. Lastnight was a train wreck for them. I mean, the Warriors had 10 blocks into the 3rd quarter...SMH. What is the point of having TWO bigs in the paint if they can't take advantage of smaller guys they face?? Ezeli and Green used Gasol and Zach last night and I'm pretty sure that emphatic win proved their win in last years series wasn't an accident or them getting lucky.

If Memphis doesn't get younger they're gonna fade away. Playing that slow half-court offense isn't gonna get them enough wins in the Western Conference.

They remind me of the Lakers teams between the last title and the current rebuild. They needed to get younger and more athletic, but weren't able to. So, they became a team that was good enough to be a top 4 seed in the West, but not good enough to get past the 2nd round.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They remind me of the Lakers teams between the last title and the current rebuild. They needed to get younger and more athletic, but weren't able to. So, they became a team that was good enough to be a top 4 seed in the West, but not good enough to get past the 2nd round.
Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Conly is really good, despite the pedestrian numbers so far.

Dude is gonna get paid this Summer.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Conly is really good, despite the pedestrian numbers so far.

Dude is gonna get paid this Summer.
I agree but think he would be better served playing on a young squad like the Warriors. Hell, he'd probably do well with the Bulls & Atlanta too (not in the sense of replacing those teams' PG, but in terms of the style of basketball they play).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but think he would be better served playing on a young squad like the Warriors. Hell, he'd probably do well with the Bulls & Atlanta too (not in the sense of replacing those teams' PG, but in terms of the style of basketball they play).

Yeah, they need to get him a shooter.

Not sure why they are trying to trade for Chalmers.

Mario Chalmers to Memphis?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they need to get him a shooter.

Not sure why they are trying to trade for Chalmers.

Mario Chalmers to Memphis?
I don't know either because they need fresh legs and a better shooter. At this point they have zero permiter scoring which is bad in the West. You know who would probably do well there? Ariza or a player like him. Doesn't need much of the spot light, doesn't complain about not being the 1st or 2nd option and knows how to score the ball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, I just noticed you're repping the Lakers logo. Did you lose an avi bet?? LOL

No....lol

It's for Pete * drunk Eli *

Somethings are more important than sports.

I hate y'all.

But, if it lifts his spirits, makes him smile a Lil, I can endure.

I told him its only for one Season.

Every time I look at the 3 Teams avatars I think:

I'm so ugllllllllly :facepalm5:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know either because they need fresh legs and a better shooter. At this point they have zero permiter scoring which is bad in the West. You know who would probably do well there? Ariza or a player like him. Doesn't need much of the spot light, doesn't complain about not being the 1st or 2nd option and knows how to score the ball.

At this point, Jimmer Freddette would be a godsend.... Lol

They should give Minny a call about Kevin Martin.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....lol

It's for Pete * drunk Eli *

Somethings are more important than sports.

I hate y'all.

But, if it lifts his spirits, makes him smile a Lil, I can endure.

I told him its only for one Season.

Every time I look at the 3 Teams avatars I think:

I'm so ugllllllllly :facepalm5:
Hahahaha you're a real trooper! Is Eli ok these days?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only early yet but yeah they're not looking all that good right now.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Jimmer Freddette would be a godsend.... Lol

They should give Minny a call about Kevin Martin.

Great idea -- he'd be a great fit. (losing playing time in Minny)