• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Ingram tears Left ACL

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isn't that what everyone said about Alex Smith also? Seems like I've heard this discussion before...

QB is a slightly hotter commodity than WR last I checked.

And I'm saying Haralson could go for a 3rd or 4th.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What was your Alex Smith prediction again? Maybe you should stop with the draft pick trade value predictions?

Oh then enlighten us all with your insight into Chargers' management and tell us what they'd be willing to pay for a 1-year rental on a guy who was a backup last year and spent the entire season on injured reserve. He's worth a 1st rounder right?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Captain hindsight doesn't make predictions.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isn't that what everyone said about Alex Smith also? Seems like I've heard this discussion before...

Btw, Anquan Boldin actually was traded for a sixth, so I'm not entirely sure what you're arguing here.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What was your Alex Smith prediction again? Maybe you should stop with the draft pick trade value predictions?

Oh and another thing, I was the one who started a thread saying here is why I think Alex could have some trade value, and most people in that thread disagreed with me saying Alex had none. So maybe know what you're talking about before making stupid, ad hominem statements?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think a 6th would be the max for a 1-year rental on a guy like Haralson. He isn't exactly Demarcus Ware. And the Chargers are in re-building mode, so they'd be even less inclined to part with a high draft pick.

Consider that a 1-year rental of Boldin for 6 million got the Ravens a 6th rounder.

And Sick, the nearly universal reaction to the Boldin trade is that it was a steal for the Niners, despite his hefty contract.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very pleased with our depth at lov right now. Haralson, lemonier, moody, Fleming, and cam Johnson all provide some nice insurance policies.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh and another thing, I was the one who started a thread saying here is why I think Alex could have some trade value, and most people in that thread disagreed with me saying Alex had none. So maybe know what you're talking about before making stupid, ad hominem statements?

Haha. Seriously. I underestimated Smith's value - as did pretty much everyone so far as I can recall - but I was steadfast in my position that we could get the Chiefs' third, which was much higher than most thought.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm very pleased with our depth at lov right now. Haralson, lemonier, moody, Fleming, and cam Johnson all provide some nice insurance policies.

Yeah, we're going to cut an OLB who can play in this league IMO. Part of why I'd strongly consider dealing Haralson.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're going to cut an OLB who can play in this league IMO. Part of why I'd strongly consider dealing Haralson.

I would be ok with taking a 5th for him of they felt strongly about our other guys, but other than Haralson all of the other guys are basically rookies. It would be nice to have at least one experienced guy for depth. Especially if Haralson can return to form. I do have a lot of confidence in Lemonier, though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be ok with taking a 5th for him of they felt strongly about our other guys, but other than Haralson all of the other guys are basically rookies. It would be nice to have at least one experienced guy for depth. Especially if Haralson can return to form. I do have a lot of confidence in Lemonier, though.

I think Cam Johnson is the wild card in this scenario - which, let's be honest, is probably a pipe dream anyway. If the FO thinks he is ready to step in as a genuine part of the rotation, then it makes sense to look into moving Haralson. If not, then we should hang onto Haralson. Otherwise, we're just back where we were last year with backups who never see the field.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Haha. Seriously. I underestimated Smith's value - as did pretty much everyone so far as I can recall - but I was steadfast in my position that we could get the Chiefs' third, which was much higher than most thought.

It's hard to put a quantitative value on QBs. You never know how desperate a team might be to get a good one. DEs & OLBs are a little easier to guess their trade values, but all it takes is one desperate / stupid team for a player's trade value to skyrocket.

I thought Alex had some trade value, but I didn't think the Niners would get as much as they got.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be very reluctant making any trades for draft picks at this time in the year because we could easily run into some injuries. I'd rather wait and keep Haralson for insurance at this point. I'd need them to cough up a serious premium like a 4th.

It's hard making these types of trades from the other side because teams won't know how much Haralson has left in the tank compared to our coaches other than the physical that he'd have to pass.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be very reluctant making any trades for draft picks at this time in the year because we could easily run into some injuries. I'd rather wait and keep Haralson for insurance at this point. I'd need them to cough up a serious premium like a 4th.

It's hard making these types of trades from the other side because teams won't know how much Haralson has left in the tank compared to our coaches other than the physical that he'd have to pass.

I wouldn't make that move at many positions, but we're pretty flush with OLBs and Haralson is probably gone after this season. And as said, I think a lot hinges on what we think of Johnson.

I thought for a minute that Manusky was still down there in SD, but he left for Indy last year. That might have made some difference as he had Parys as a starter.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain hindsight doesn't make predictions.

Exactly, I don't. Because you look like a fucking idiot when you do. And in the end these internet GMs would like to think they know more than most, but unless you're in those offices making those calls, you don't know shit.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam Johnson is the wild card in this scenario - which, let's be honest, is probably a pipe dream anyway. If the FO thinks he is ready to step in as a genuine part of the rotation, then it makes sense to look into moving Haralson. If not, then we should hang onto Haralson. Otherwise, we're just back where we were last year with backups who never see the field.

I agree. After giving it some more thought waiting it out seems like a safer bet. The Chargers coul become even thinner at pass rusher as the off season goes and other teams may find themselves in need as well possibly driving up the price for a guy like Haralson. It's doubtful, but possible.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not a big fan of what the Chragers have done this offseason (including hiring Mike McCoy). I don't have a lot of faith in Tom Telesco. Too bad for Rivers because he can be one of the best QBs in football when the team is ran well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of what the Chragers have done this offseason (including hiring Mike McCoy). I don't have a lot of faith in Tom Telesco. Too bad for Rivers because he can be one of the best QBs in football when the team is ran well.

Mike McCoy did make an in-season switch from Orton to Tebow and succeeded. Going from Manning to Rivers isn't as grand of adjustment, of course. But he could maybe have served better as SD's OC, not HC, but he wouldn't make that move. I am not going to use Manning's year, because Manning did make things easier for McCoy, with the injury being the thing McCoy had to work around, not talent.

I hope McCoy does well against the Broncos and not against the Chiefs. We need to get them 8 wins, and yes, I want Smith's team to do alright. I also want McCoy to do well because he's from the University of Utah, like Alex and the overpaid Eric Weddle. Weddle is better as a college player because college teams use players in more positions at weaker competition - Weddle was a do-it-all guy from defense to QB to WR to returner while at Utah.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a million different things that can happen under this intense competition with all the young players. It would be more likely to try and swing this type of trade later when a team gets real desperate in pre-season. Right now they have time to look around.

Maybe we keep only one ILB (Brooks can play there in emergency) and slot Moody to the PS if he's not a big enough upgrade on ST's compared to the OLB's. Problem is these ST players could get snapped up real fast by other teams. Cam played games so I don't think he's eligible anymore which sucks.

Does anyone know if Cam Johnson is eligible for the PS this year?

I think our PS could get raided this year pretty bad.