• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo, most disrespected by refs...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't watch a lot, but what i do see is the refs give him nothing, and he is an elite player/ scorer!!!
is it because he shows them up, or is it cause he plays in NY?

todays game, first time i watched a good portion of game, refs BLEW IT! melo had milsaps # and milsap and hardaway were hackin and whackin melo and NO CALLS!!! as much as i really don't give a schitt cause hornysuk kills any chance any way with his cluelessness, untimely time outs!!!!

knicks up 11 calls time out when hawks go up by 1? REALLY!!!!

and KP, you have played enough games in the league now, enough with the fouls!!!!!

noah, whata baffoon, how many times did you leave howard alone underneath?

these guys have not slowed down, there brain has with this schitt coach!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't watch a lot, but what i do see is the refs give him nothing, and he is an elite player/ scorer!!!

todays game, first time i watched a good portion of game, refs BLEW IT! melo had milsaps # and milsap and hardaway were hackin and whackin melo and NO CALLS!!! as much as i really don't give a schitt cause hornysuk kills any chance any way with his cluelessness, untimely time outs!!!!

and KP, you have played enough games in the league now, enough with the fouls!!!!!

dude quadruple overtime? thats insane.

at least it shows that certain guys are still putting in the effort.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude quadruple overtime? thats insane.

at least it shows that certain guys are still putting in the effort.

it was freaky, both teams had chances to put game away, but it was just one of those mind bogglers, the refs, wow!!! guy slams the ball down, ball goes into 1st row, no tech called, melo has his head band knocked into the 5th row no call........

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One game out of 82 would be considered a fluke - do you have any statistics to show this a situation in every game, every other game, or 1 out of 3 games?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo's FT attempts per game have gone down the last 4 seasons. I think it is a product of 2 factors:

1) he is shooting more jump shots than ever
2) I think you are right that he does not get "superstar" calls anymore.

Reason 1 is the main cause, but I think he is not as universally respected as he once was. While that should not have any affect on the way officials call games, it always seems to in the NBA.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo's FT attempts per game have gone down the last 4 seasons. I think it is a product of 2 factors:

1) he is shooting more jump shots than ever
2) I think you are right that he does not get "superstar" calls anymore.

Reason 1 is the main cause, but I think he is not as universally respected as he once was. While that should not have any affect on the way officials call games, it always seems to in the NBA.
Pretty much when Kobe snapped his Achilles the FTs were over.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, unless you dudes have league pass, how do you continue to post about a player, melo, you don't see often?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, unless you dudes have league pass, how do you continue to post about a player, melo, you don't see often?

How indeed? I mean, it's not like there are any serious basketball fans on here. Or like Melo has been in the league for 13 years or anything.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the more overrated players in recent memory.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How indeed? I mean, it's not like there are any serious basketball fans on here. Or like Melo has been in the league for 13 years or anything.
I thought Melo was at his best in Denver and played well, with Ray Allen. If they had picked up a third option, they might have went to the finals. Either way, person does not need to see Carmelo play every day to know what type of player he is. We see the many comments about him in the news, we see the results and draw our own conclusions like anyone else. Just an opinion, but If I was Carmelo, I would be afraid to go to the Clippers, but He would be a good fit with Jordan - Griffin - Paul - Carmelo - they'd have a pretty good team imo, but not good enough to get past both the Spurs and the Warriors.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
melo has put too much pressure on himself to play here in NY, he has not had the support from either the coa or his teammates... he has taken on the responsibility of both and he can't do it! it has affected his game!

Why in the world would i expect some of you to comprehend this?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL coming from a guy who stated he doesn't watch a lot a BB. I dont watch a lot either, but I've heard a lot about Melo being an ass over the years. I think there's a reason Jackson is trying to get rid of him.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Melo was at his best in Denver and played well, with Ray Allen. If they had picked up a third option, they might have went to the finals. ....

Ray ? Are you thinking of Billups ?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I was thinking of could rain threes on you all day long and crucify you from the peremeter

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starts a thread about Melo.

Complains that people are talking about Melo in said thread.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stopped reading @ the bolded