• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McShay Rips LT and VT

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay just ripped apart Logan and the VT offense. Says Logan's throwing is unnatural and compared his throwing to Shaq's free throws. However, he thinks LT has all of the tools if he can put them together. Doesn't put all of the blame on him, though. Said that receivers are running the wrong routes and Oline doesn't protect him. Also says VT's offensive system is outdated by 10-15 years. Based on his experience of VT players going into the NFL on the offensive side of the ball, he won't be mentally ready.

I've never been McShay's biggest fan, but he watches a lot of game film and his comments have a lot of harsh truths.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay just ripped apart Logan and the VT offense. Says Logan's throwing is unnatural and compared his throwing to Shaq's free throws. However, he thinks LT has all of the tools if he can put them together. Doesn't put all of the blame on him, though. Said that receivers are running the wrong routes and Oline doesn't protect him. Also says VT's offensive system is outdated by 10-15 years. Based on his experience of VT players going into the NFL on the offensive side of the ball, he won't be mentally ready.

I've never been McShay's biggest fan, but he watches a lot of game film and his comments have a lot of harsh truths.

He's correct.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's correct.

I was going to say...

Yeah, it's a harsh reality, but it's the truth.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't care if everyone outside of Stinespring and Shane were fired on the offensive side and the only reason they should be kept is because of their recruiting abilities. Beamer has handicapped himself with his offensive hires. But he likes being around his buddies so I guess HE wins

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone sees it except for Beamer and a small percentage of VT fans who think he can do no wrong

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The shitty part is that nothing is probably going to change until Beamer retires and then EVERYTHING will change as far as coaching staff...probably. All it would take is a few tweaks here and there gradually until they get it right

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shitty part is that nothing is probably going to change until Beamer retires and then EVERYTHING will change as far as coaching staff...probably. All it would take is a few tweaks here and there gradually until they get it right

This season sucks. It hurts everyone, fans, coaches, and players alike, who have all become accostumed to something better.

Certainly Beams has had alot to do with where the program is today, and it cant all be luck and kismet.

That being said, the calls in the sugar bowl pissed me off to no end. Thats all on the coaching staff, and is another example of something being significantly screwed up with the coaching staff. And, its nothing new. I keep listening to Sam Cooke's "Change Gonna Come", but all its gotten me so far is Obama, which Ill gladly take over Romnuts.

As much as foozie can seem like a crybaby, I sympathize with his sentiments on this topic.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly I haven't really enjoyed good parts of past seasons. Too many ugly wins against bad teams VT should stomp into the ground. Too many opportunities lost because Beamer is loyal to incompetent coaches. VT has been successful DESPITE a weak offensive coaching staff. The combination of Newsome's O-lines and poor recruiting have gotten VT to the lowly point they're at right now and next year will probably be no better than 8 wins. I DO think VT will be a slightly better team next year so if any changes are going to be made it probably has to be after this year. Because Beamer will see any improvement as "we're getting back on track, let's stay the course as per usual" But if Beamer is just going to stay in his comfort zone and hire only family members, former players, Virginia coaches from lower level programs (Newsome), good ol' boys with a laid back attitude and conservative O philosophy like himself (O'Cain) and various other people that he likes personally, then he might as well not make any changes. There needs to be a more professional approach with the fans and best interests of the program in mind instead of Beamer surrounding himself with people he likes on a personal level. In other words result-oriented hires. PROVEN coaches who have had success at least on the D-1 level and preferably position coaches that have played the position at a high level

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i've seen this season..

VT Offense > VT Defense

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Confused Fry) Not sure if Todd McShay is insightful or....

Offense sucks so much even Todd McShay sees it.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i've seen this season..

VT Offense > VT Defense

I think it's been more like -

A used condom >>> Antone Exum in man-to-man coverage.

Dude is going to need a full-body skin graft if he keeps getting burned like this.

... and I think the rubber would do a better job sticking to its man. This experiment has failed. Gray, get your shit together.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is the defensive coaches know what to do with talent when they have it. There just isn't much talent on the defensive side of the ball this year. Bud is not a good recruiter and coaches like Newsome, Sherman, and O'Cain who can't even coach well don't pick up the slack with recruiting either.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude is going to need a full-body skin graft if he keeps getting burned like this.

... and I think the rubber would do a better job sticking to its man. This experiment has failed. Gray, get your shit together.

not willing to argue that one.. there isn't going to be anything left of him after tomorrow's torching

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the defensive coaches know what to do with talent when they have it. There just isn't much talent on the defensive side of the ball this year. Bud is not a good recruiter and coaches like Newsome, Sherman, and O'Cain who can't even coach well don't pick up the slack with recruiting either.

i can accept that. that's why i prefaced it with this year. just wanted to make sure we spread the blame evenly, because as absurd and hard as it is to believe, the defense has actually been part of the problem this season :(

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Meh, I'm not gonna get into another bitch fest about the offense. As for McShay, he's got a valid point with offensive player success in the NFL, and reasonable observations on LT. I don't respect McShay's opinion on anything outside of NFL draft evaluation though.

BornaHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol same McShay that was so high on LT at the end of last season. Didn't he have him as a top 10 pick in the same system last year. If he knows so much about football why isnt he coaching instead of writing. How many d linemen or backers do we have in the NFL why isn't he writing on our outdated defense?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

9309374.jpg

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does David Wilson have to do with anything?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does David Wilson have to do with anything?

Good try but he is Birth Control, not a condom. Condoms are a contraceptive, not birth control. BC is 99.9% effective, condoms are 80%.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol same McShay that was so high on LT at the end of last season. Didn't he have him as a top 10 pick in the same system last year. If he knows so much about football why isnt he coaching instead of writing. How many d linemen or backers do we have in the NFL why isn't he writing on our outdated defense?

He didn't expect LT to regress which he has. I realize there's a dropoff in talent around him but it doesn't excuse how bad he's looked. He's had plenty of time to throw most plays and the receivers are getting open. He's been horribly inaccurate. Whenever he wants touch on a ball he leans back and throws off his back foot. Good coaching by O'Cain, another dead weight on the staff