• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide 'A' Draft

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case you guys want to see it, I just posted this on the Suicide B league page, but it's their draft run through Fantasy Pros. Of course I (and probably Joe if he already ponied up the money they are charging for everything this year apparently) will post ours as soon as it's done as well.

The first one is based on the fantasy pros ECR:

Suicide_B_Overall_Fantasy_Pros_ECR.jpg

This one is based on the rankings of 22 experts:

Suicide_B_Overall_Starters_and_Bench_22_experts.jpg

This is the list of steals (players that were drafted at least two rounds after they "should" have been):

Suicide_B_Steals.jpg

And this is the list of reaches (players taken at least 2 rounds before they "should" have been):

Suicide_B_Reaches.jpg

Keep in mind, this is strictly by fantasy pros. The Bandit himself does not condone or necessarily agree with any of the content of this post.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 14 (Final Round)
157) "Hater of all things Hockey" - Sebass Janikowski
158) Monkey - Dustin Hopkins
159) Sam - Chris Hogan
160) Bandit - Deshaun Watson
161) Foot - Ryan Tannehill
162) Barilko - Evan Engram
163) Fuzzies - Kenny Britt
164) tlance - Carson Wentz
165) Ram - Joe Flacco
166) TKO - Matt Prater
167) @leftypower - wake up and pick while it's intermission
168) Joe -

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna dignify Treff "the hater of all things hockey" with a reply.

Game 7 starts at 8 eastern. Should be a good one.
Ya know, there is one "real sports" related thing i hate more than hockey on TV (no, golf, soccer, dodgeball, etc, are not real sports and it's a given they shouldn't be on tv)..the fricken NBA on the radio when I've gotten off late and my regular sports show isn't on!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Ginn for me. ...

@averagejoe - to wrap it all up.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe takes the 6th-best DST from 2016 - Philadelphia Eagles
Am I missing something?

Here's the final grid: Draft length = 6 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes.
  • 50 RB drafted
  • 55 WR
  • 14 TE
  • 24 QB
  • 13 DST
  • 12 K
18765738_1490239757707299_871513243217463835_n.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start putting player in tomorrow morn - if all goes well, they should all be in before end of the day. ...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so here is the list of the teams in the overall draft. Lefty is apparently the man to beat again. Joe, for whatever reason, the stupid system kept thinking that I was you, so that's why you are highlighted.

The first chart is based on fantasypros ECR:

Suicide_A_Fantasypros_ECR.jpg

And based on 22 experts:

Suicide_A_poll_of_22_experts.jpg

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the guys that were value picks (picked one round after they should have been):

Suicide_A_Fantasypros_Value_Picks.jpg

And here is the steals (picked at least two rounds after they should have been):

Suicide_A_Fantasypros_Steals.jpg

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the other end of the spectrum here are the slight reaches (picked one round before they should have been)

Suicide_A_Fantasypros_Slight_Reaches.jpg

And the bigger reaches (picked at least two rounds before they should have been)

Suicide_A_Fantasypros_Reaches.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting. I really didn't know how to feel about my team (guess I should feel better now). ... Also, it's interesting the difference between the ECR and the 22 'experts' - some are rather dramatic. Lastly, no one seems to care for Bortles. ....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first chart is based on fantasypros ECR:
It's all interesting, don't get me wrong.
ECR at FantasyPros is a nice gauge. But it becomes more unrealistic as the draft evolves.

And then they have the nerve to penalize you in their "grading" system.

Can't wait for Bandit's annual deriding of my team.

Here's my favorite picks from each owner (except me).

Lefty - Dez Bryant in the 3rd round. Huge slippage.
TKO - Eddie Lacy (who was basically a 1st-2nd round pick the last 2 seasons) finds a home in round 6. Maybe the change to grunge coffee from cheese will be good for him.
Ram - Cam Newton in the 8th. He was one of the first QB off the board last year. I see him snapping back.
tlance - Kenneth Dixon in the 8th. All signs point to him, but his value fell after his 4-game suspension.
Fuzz - Willie Snead, also in the 8th. Cooks bolts for the Pats, leaving him to fill a plethora of vacated targets.
Bar - Paul Perkins in the 4th. Maybe this is where he should go? But with starting RB at a premium and no one really behind him to challenge, he should get a full season of work in.
Foot - Martavis Bryant in the 7th. It may a take a game or 2 to shake the rust.
Bandit - Greg Olsen in the 5th. As an Olsen groupie myself, I'm more shocked 4 other TE were drafted before him. The guy is dependable and productive - the epitome of Suicide.
Sam - Allen Robinson in the 4th. I'm sure some fantasy owners are treating him like the plague, but only 8 WR had more targets. (Only he and Hopkins were the only 2 of that 8 who didn't crack 1K.)
Monkey - AJ Green in the 2nd. Maybe this is a "gimme" pick, but he was on his way to 1500 yards last year. Under-rated WR on an overlooked offense.
Treff - Breshard Perriman in the 11th. I'm sure Mike Wallace is only a placeholder until he comes around. Maybe it's taking longer than some expected, but I see Perriman taking over.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yet again, screw the fantasy pros guys and their 22 "experts", here's what i think of my draft

#12 spot, dead last
1.12 Jay Ajayi- pretty surprised a workhorse like this who set the league on fire during crunch time last year was still there at 12, especially with this bunch. Workload alone puts him top 6-8 in RB's, if this coachspeak about getting him more involved all 3 downs holds true, he could easily be the best guy after the big three.
Rd 2.1 - Michael Thomas, leads the Saints as a rookie in targets, receptions, and TD's, and they jettison Cooks so now there's even less competition? Can you say move over Julio and ODB?? Should be a lock top 5 WR with a very realistic shot at being #1
3.12 - Terrell Pryor, a reach? Perhaps. But, with a 3 WR starting format, and all the RB's with anything resembling a true lead role gone, i wanted #1's on pass happy teams at all 3 weekly WR slots, and, as all the Cousins believers are so quick to point out, the Skins passing offense puts up "rookie level against the computer Madden-esque" type numbers, their new #1 should be quite the benefactor. 1000 yards with the Browns and RG3/Kessler, of all teams last year means he's got the goods.
Rd 4.1- Demaryious Thomas. It's no secret i dont think highly of the Broncos QB or oline, but McCoy is good at getting more out of an offense than what's really there, and DT is their most reliable option, and doesn't have the injury concerns of Alshon or Watkins.
5.12 - L. Blount. Reach my foot..last year's TD leader, manning the same role, in the same offensive system, at the end of round 5, with this bunch? That's a steal. Is Wentz Brady? Are the Eagles the Patriots? No, of course not, but 1000 and ten is perfectly reasonable expectation given the system and the lack of quality competition on the team. Easily a strong RB2 and rarely misses time (as long as he doesn't catch a ride with Bell)
6.1 - Matty Ice. Shannahan is gone, but Julio, Freeman, Colemn and Gabriel remain from last years #1 offense. Reasonable to predict another strong season, even factoring in some regression.
Rd 7.12 - Joe Williams. No, i don't think he's the next Freman or Coleman, no the Niners won't be the Falcons just because Shanny is in town. But when a coach with an offensive track record like Shanny's openly gushes about a guy, while not speaking quite so nicely about the incumbent, its a relatively safe bet the kid is going to get plenty of touches. Hell, take the coachspeak out of it, just take Hyde's injury history. . Williams is going to play plenty, and as a RB3, decent touches is all i want.
RD 8.1 - Lat. Murray. Bit of an enigma here, and the opinion on this pick depends entirely on your view of Dalvin Cook. Personally, my feeling is that even if Cook is a good NFL RB, Murray will still have a big role, especially inside the 20's. But more importantly, I feel Cook isn't going to be a good NFL RB, at best a change of pace guy that everyone will wonder what could have been, so Lat will be just fine.
9.12 - M. Bennett. Aaron Rodgers' TE, who's a proven pass catcher and play maker at the end of the ninth? Umm, yes please. Just hope he doesn't have another of his injury plagued seasons
10.1 Dak Prescott..meh, QB2, puts up decent numbers in the air and the ground. Hopefully Dez for a full season too.. should be fine as a Ryan fill-in
11.12 - B. Perriman. Looked pretty decent last year when he played, and Baltimore desperately needs someone other than Wallace. If he steps up, could be a huge steal. If he doesn't, probably only need him for week 5 anyways.
12.1 - John Brown basically repeat everything i just said about Perriman, but change Wallace to Fitz, plus Brown already has a 1000 yard season on his resume
13.12 - Oakland Raiders not expecting much here. But, Mack, Irvin and the bunch started showing signs of life the second half last year, they drafted strong defensive pieces, and signed a top 2-3 return man to boot. Anything more than average will be a bonus
14.1 - Janikowski. A kicker not named Tucker, Gostkowski or Bailey.. what difference does it make?

Overall I think it's fairly strong, and balanced, and only one guy, Bennett, who has any concerning injury prone type issues. Should compete every week (well except #5).

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my team for now. Success will depend on these 2 things:

-Health of the old men (Brees, Jordy)
- RB production

If I have 2 every week starters at RB, I think my team will be very competitive.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams have been entered. Please check your rosters to make sure I didn't screw up. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO selections.... (minus Ram sniping me four times)
From the 3 hole

1. Zeke Elliott - has there been an easier top three?
2. Aaron Rodgers - not may drafts will have me taking the first QB, let alone in the 2nd... had Beast Mode on the mind.
3. Davante Adams - James Jones with some agility? ....and a combo is always nice.
4. Jimmy Graham - yeah, I'm not sure why either.... healthier, maybe practices this year, more TD's coming? And Ram takes Crabby.
5. Cam Meredith - definitely a reach, but I'm curious for his targets, which I expect to be among the highest in the league.
6. Eddie Lacy - never was a Lacy guy................ in the 1st/2nd. And Ram takes Abdullah.
7. Derrick Henry - shot in the dark...usable as is, stud if DeMarco goes down?
8. DeSean Jackson - nothing but single coverage should make he and Winston a good enough duo.
9. Kirk Cousins - the guy who takes the first QB takes the first QB2? Weird.
10. Theo Riddick - should be healthy and used often... even if most of it as a receiver.
11. Mike Wallace - still has talent, speed, a big armed QB.... good enough for a 4th, not terribly excited.
12. NYG DST - Top five unit last year..... Ram snipes the Vikes.
13. TB DST - that's what I do. I like mix and match options over a 5th WR or 2nd TE.
14. Matt Prater - dome kickers are the best.... well, safe I guess.

Coma time!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty draft synopsis: As I see it this team hinges on the ability of several key players staying on the field. With that said, I feel this group can be very successful provided things go right, putting the team in the top 3 or 4. On the flip-side, if all things do not go as hoped, the group will fall into the lower middle of the pack. Player by player breakdown:

QB -
Derek Carr (Rd 9 pick 98) - As the top guys fell off the board, decided to wait on a QB. Kind of had my eye on Cam, but lost out on the long run back to me. The potential is certainly there for Carr to do very well, although he has DEN twice - which lead me to finding a backup with favorable matchups on those weeks plus his week 10 bye.
Blake Bortles (rd 10 pick 119) - Dalton's schedule matched very well with the Carr's bye and the DEN games, but once again got caught in the long run and missed. Bortles was the second choice although Taylor was higher on my list - the uncertainty in the Bills faith in him was the decider. All that said, I think he will be serviceable, word is he has improved his throwing motion and accuracy. Just hope it makes for better throws to his team - not the other guys !

RB -
Leveon Bell (Rd 1 pick 2) - A tougher decision than it looks on paper in this format. But in the end could not pass on the production as a runner and receiver. He is probably the key element in the success or failure of this team. IF he stays healthy for 16 games and IF he keeps his nose clean, fantasy points will follow - if not, well, it could be a long season.
Lamar Miller (Rd 2 pick 23) - For a RB 2 he was as good as any other left on the board. Only concern is the beefy rookie taking goal line work.
Ty Montgomery (Rd 6 pick 71) - Pretty surprised he was available with this RB hungry crowd. Productive last season and only a couple of rooks to beat out. As my RB 3, very pleased to have him.
Matt Forte (Rd 11 pick 122) - Oh how the mighty have fallen. Word of Powell taking over as 'lead' back obviously had an effect, but to get his potential in the 11th rd feel like a steal.

WR -
Dez Bryant (Rd 3 pick 26) - Seemed he and Dak began to develop some chemistry in the later part of the season last yr - hope it continues. Durability is the biggest concern here which explain him being there this late. Again, potential over history and hope for the best.
Golden Tate (Rd 5 pick 50) - Safe bet for 100+ targets, durable, reliable. The essence of Suicide. As a #2 he may be a bit of a stretch, but was simply the best available.
Larry Fitzgerald (Rd 7 pick 74) - Another with a long history of the same characteristics of Tate. He and Palmer are likely done with football after this season. Think they go out proving they are still at the top of their game.
Stepon Diggs (Rd 8 pick 71) - Best player on my board at this point in the draft. Reportedly has taken his conditioning very serious this year - hope it pays off since he's very productive when healthy.
Ted Ginn (rd 14 pick 167) - Hey goes from Cam heaving the ball downfield to Drew Brees - got to like his chances of grabbing a few long TDs.

TE - Travis Kelce (rd 4 pick 47) - In my mind the best fantasy TE. Durable and productive, plus has a conservative QB. What's not to like ?

DST - Ravens (Rd 12 pick 143 ) - Well, got sniped again because of the long run that saw 8 DST's go before it came back to me. Had to put faith to work here since they heavily addressed defense in the draft.

K - Matt Bryant (Rd 13 pick 146) - Consistently among the most accurate and will get lots of opportunities.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) M Gordon - Gordon vs Ajayi.....already took Ajayi in a different league 2wks ago, had to mix it up. Didn't bring in any competition, was great in both the run and passing game, like this guy at 11th overall.

2) AJ Green - Planned on Treff going Ajayi/Green, think it will work out for both of us, glad to have Green at the top of round 2

3) I Crowell - was high on the Crow last year, even though he sputtered out most of the 2nd half. CLE investment in the OL bumped him up my board as a top RB2.

4) A Jeffery - Not sure what think here, like my WRs in this format to be in contract years, but that didn't pan out well for Jeffery owners last year. New team, new QB, hopefully new determination to get paid.

5) M Ingram - feel like I ended a big slide here. Also really feel like talent will rule the day in NO in the end, and Ingram is more talented than AP at this stage, Cadet, and Kamara

6) D Moncrief - Again, contract year WR, A Luck's red zone WR + departure of Allen could mean double digit TDs this yr

7) J Crowder - Loved him before last year, love him this year. Gruden runs a pretty advanced passing attack, ask any DC that sees them, and he trusts Crowder. That means I trust him too. Young, fast, smart - most familiar target for Cousins returning this yr...a lot to like about him

8) J Winston - King Crab Legs.....overall sentiment in the fantasy community is that TB is an offense on the upswing. Really wanted to pair him with DJax but just couldn't pull the trigger when I needed to to get the stack.

9) Z Ertz - hate having 2 passing options in the same offense, but as usual, Eagles looked to have had a nice off-season, young athletic TE tied to a young QB, Blount keeps the O on the field longer this year and takes the heat off Wentz, could be good stuff. Strong finish to last season has me higher on Ertz than most others. And TE was getting thin by round 9.

10) Broncos D - 1st D off the board, wanted DEN, SEA, ARZ, KC, or HOU, and wasn't 100% certain they would make it back to me if I didn't go DST here. Prob could have waited, but if I missed out on those top 5, I also prob would have drafted a backup DST.

11) T West - another guy I like more than most others. He'll be the featured rushing RB for BAL for at least 4 games, and Dixon didn't show me enough between the tackles or in short yardage situations last year for me to believe he pushes West out the door this season. I'm thinking GL duties as long as he's healthy, at the least.

12) T Taylor - knew I was sniping Sammy here, but I have Taylor as my top QB2 target as of now. Totally in the 'prove it' stage of his career, needs to show out this season to get a good deal somewhere else or a big payday from the Bills. Always has a chance to put up top 10 QB numbers any week with rushing stats on top of passing.

13) D Lewis - still not sure why I made this pick. I'm equal parts wanting him to never be needed vs wanting him to be a solid floor RB2. If he gets used consistently, 60-80 all purpose yds with a good chance for a TD every week. But we all know BB won't use him consistently. A fella can wish and hope though, right?

14) D Hopkins - washington redzone struggles continue? not sure, but either way, got the kicker that plays for a high octane offense. and its a F'ing kicker.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm breaking down both drafts and the differences, and I will tell you that in all the year's I've done this (which granted isn't a ton) this is by far the biggest difference we have in two drafts. They were like night and day!! There were 17 people drafted in each league that weren't taken at all in the other league and here is that list, I'll get to the rest of the huge differences later on the guys that both leagues actually drafted. Really surprised that Duke Johnson, Robert Woods, Mike Wallace, and Jordan Matthews were not taken in the B league. And I was actually shocked that Sterling Shepherd and Jeremy Hill were not drafted in the A league. And for the guys that didn't get drafted in either league, C.J. Prosise was at the top of my list as I would have drafted him instead of Mike Williams if we started a flex instead of the 3WR's. Jeremy Maclin didn't go because of how terrible he was last year, and how about Cameron Brate, the guy went from a certain top 8 if not top 5 tight end to not even drafted in either league when the Bucs drafted O.J. Howard.

Drafted in the A league and not in the B league:

Duke Johnson #96
Robert Woods #121
Mike Wallace #123
Jamaal Charles #128
Breshad Perriman #132
Jordan Matthews #140
Julius Thomas #144
Bucs D/ST #147
Will Lutz #151
Dion Lewis #155
Chris Hogan #159