• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fantasy Baseball has really taken a downturn over the last five years. Mainly because of day league sites.

Yeah, I basically agree. I happen to live in a state that doesn't allow the daily league sites or I would be doing that. For a while, they allowed us to play in free contests (since AZ doesn't allow the money contests) and I had a lot of fun with it. Now they don't allow that anymore, although I haven't checked in a couple years to see if that has been changed back or not to allow AZ folks to play the free contests.

This is the only fantasy baseball league I'm in, and I was very close to scrapping this one, but I'm actually getting more deeply invested in the Strat-O-Matic leagues. Last year was the first year I did one, and it was so much fun. I ended up losing in the World Series, but the playoffs were awesome managing in head-to-head real time network game play. (regular season you just play against your opponents pre-configured computer manager)

I added two more leagues in that so I'm at three SOM teams and this is my only traditional fantasy baseball team left. The strat leagues are all keepers, although my first one that I did last year is my favorite since we have a designated farm team that we automatically receive prospects from. Mine is the Braves so happy to have Acuna join my World Series losing squad!!! Biggest weakness with that team is front of the rotation pitching. I tried to address that in the offseason, but due to the rules of restricted free agency, I wasn't able to snag that ACE I need. Next year Kluber and Bauer are both unrestricted free agents so high bidder wins. We'll see how my pitching staff works out the first half. The Braves are so loaded with pitching prospects I may be able to put together a package to acquire an ace mid-season.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I basically agree. I happen to live in a state that doesn't allow the daily league sites or I would be doing that. For a while, they allowed us to play in free contests (since AZ doesn't allow the money contests) and I had a lot of fun with it. Now they don't allow that anymore, although I haven't checked in a couple years to see if that has been changed back or not to allow AZ folks to play the free contests.

This is the only fantasy baseball league I'm in, and I was very close to scrapping this one, but I'm actually getting more deeply invested in the Strat-O-Matic leagues. Last year was the first year I did one, and it was so much fun. I ended up losing in the World Series, but the playoffs were awesome managing in head-to-head real time network game play. (regular season you just play against your opponents pre-configured computer manager)

I added two more leagues in that so I'm at three SOM teams and this is my only traditional fantasy baseball team left. The strat leagues are all keepers, although my first one that I did last year is my favorite since we have a designated farm team that we automatically receive prospects from. Mine is the Braves so happy to have Acuna join my World Series losing squad!!! Biggest weakness with that team is front of the rotation pitching. I tried to address that in the offseason, but due to the rules of restricted free agency, I wasn't able to snag that ACE I need. Next year Kluber and Bauer are both unrestricted free agents so high bidder wins. We'll see how my pitching staff works out the first half. The Braves are so loaded with pitching prospects I may be able to put together a package to acquire an ace mid-season.

Stat-O-Matic huh? I may have to look them up. I grew up in APBA baseball, which was a great way to learn the history of the game.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is done and who would have thought Albert Pujols would become Mr. Irrelevant?

If any lineup changes for the first ten days let me know by 9 tonight and I will change them. I will redo the schedule tomorrow, the first week will run 11 days.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is done and who would have thought Albert Pujols would become Mr. Irrelevant?

If any lineup changes for the first ten days let me know by 9 tonight and I will change them. I will redo the schedule tomorrow, the first week will run 11 days.
IR and waivers ready to roll?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been thinking about Strat-O-Matic myself...and, yeah, the Braves are a pretty dang sweet team to own, even with the current pitching injuries.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't need a lineup change, but just put two guys on IL and it won't let me add anyone.

Not worried, sure it will be fixed. Just fyi

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had the same issue. I don't really have time to look deep into the problem right now, but will ASAP.
please put kike in for hampson and keller in for fried:suds:

to fix the IR problems commish has to do it for week 1

ive got scooter and upton:suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please put kike in for hampson and keller in for fried:suds:

to fix the IR problems commish has to do it for week 1

ive got scooter and upton:suds:

Kike and Keller were in when I went to your team.

All players are on the WW, but for some reason it says we still have not finished the draft and will not let us pick up anybody until that is gone. Fantrax will allow you to put up to 3 players on your IR.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kike and Keller were in when I went to your team.

All players are on the WW, but for some reason it says we still have not finished the draft and will not let us pick up anybody until that is gone. Fantrax will allow you to put up to 3 players on your IR.

That was week 2 fixed now.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking about Strat-O-Matic myself...and, yeah, the Braves are a pretty dang sweet team to own, even with the current pitching injuries.

Stat-O-Matic huh? I may have to look them up. I grew up in APBA baseball, which was a great way to learn the history of the game.

I played it as a kid with dice, and got into it again as a computer game in the early 2000's. (Back when the Dbacks used to be good! LOL)

It can be a bit pricey because you have to buy the game each year to get the current (past season) stats. Actually the individual seasons are "only" around $25 dollars, but you have to have the current game version in order to get the most current (previous season) stats.

It is fun though because you manage(play) half the games against your opponents computer manager and the other half of your games your opponents manage(play) against your computer manager. You have to have all positions, and defense definitely matters. I wasn't planning on bringing Charlie Blackmon back this season because in the game he can only play centerfield and his range is atrocious. He doesn't make many errors on balls he gets to, but lets too many balls land in there for hits.

If you guys want more info or when any spots open in leagues I'm in and you want to make the plunge just let me know. My first league is the most complex in that we have the designated farm team affiliate and all players are under contracts ranging from 1-3 years. We can also have prospects from unowned MLB farm systems on our 40 man roster as well. There is restricted and un-restricted free agency and then the draft. The league originally started in the mid-80's and they've spent a lot of time trying to develop as many rules to mimic real MLB GM's as possible. It is a 16 team league. My two new leagues are just regular keeper leagues (one 18 keepers, the other 25) and they don't have farm systems or prospects. One is a 12 team NL only (allowed 2 AL holdover players if they were previously owned while playing in the NL) and the other is a 16 team league.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was week 2 fixed now.

Have we actually started keeping score yet? I didn't know if we were doing retro-active to last weekend or just starting today?

I have a lineup move I need to make and it won't let me change it for this period. I drafted Kimbrel, but since he has no team yet, I wanted to have Greg Holland in for Kimbrel. Can you please make that change for me and then my lineup will be all set.

Thanks!