• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford Placed on COVID List

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions QB Matthew Stafford has been placed on the team's COVID-19 list.
He's the first starting quarterback to land on the COVID-19 list, which is designated for players who test positive for the virus or have been in contact with someone who has the virus. Stafford's inclusion on the list is all the more concerning since his wife, Kelly, has struggled through health issues, having surgery last year to remove a brain tumor.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel it. Add to it this rapidly growing list. By the opener the pats may not be able to field a competitive team.

Capture+_2020-08-01-17-29-53.png

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel it. Add to it this rapidly growing list. By the opener the pats may not be able to field a competitive team.

Cancel it? Let the men play the men's game. Stafford should be back well before the season starts and then he will have immunity for at least 2-3 months.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to place an auto-stop on the season, but it's becoming more apparent by the day that there are rough waters ahead. Look at how baseball is already struggling and they're barely into their shortened season. As a diehard football and baseball fan, I'm pulling big time for both sports to complete their seasons (plus basketball and hockey for that matter). I wish I could say I know they will for a fact, but unless there's a sudden turnaround in good fortunes, I can't really say they will.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel it? Let the men play the men's game. Stafford should be back well before the season starts and then he will have immunity for at least 2-3 months.

Shouldn't men be deciding what is a mans game?
You are nether a doctor nor a man??????
Do you have license for either"

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't men be deciding what is a mans game?
You are nether a doctor nor a man??????
Do you have license for either"

Men are deciding. That's why the league is playing while the Patriots now led by a drag queen are all opting out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Guaranteed immunity? link

I'm more of a doctor than you'll ever hope to be.

this is false.......you cant even discuss simple human anatomy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 months so far appears to be the worst case scenario timeline of COVID antibodies no longer being effective.

COVID-19 Antibodies Can Disappear After 2-3 Months
ay .........

"People who develop antibodies after becoming infected with the coronavirus may not keep them more than a few months, especially if they showed no symptoms to begin with, a Chinese study shows.

Previous studies had found that most people who became infected developed antibodies. Health departments around the world give antibody tests as a way to prove a person has already had the coronavirus."

not everyone develops anti-bodies..............

"The researchers noted that only a small group of people were studied and that the human body can also use T cells to kill the virus and B cells to produce new antibodies, Business Insider reported. Neither T cells nor B cells were measured in the new study."

if this is what your basing your statements on. Literally the second sentence tells you that not even everyone develops anti-bodies...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ay .........

"People who develop antibodies after becoming infected with the coronavirus may not keep them more than a few months, especially if they showed no symptoms to begin with, a Chinese study shows.

Previous studies had found that most people who became infected developed antibodies. Health departments around the world give antibody tests as a way to prove a person has already had the coronavirus."

not everyone develops anti-bodies..............

"The researchers noted that only a small group of people were studied and that the human body can also use T cells to kill the virus and B cells to produce new antibodies, Business Insider reported. Neither T cells nor B cells were measured in the new study."

if this is what your basing your statements on. Literally the second sentence tells you that not even everyone develops anti-bodies...

Good, let's see if any of them get it again or not before 2-3 months. With how much they will get tested and the physical shape and age they are to withstand it, this will all be a great benefit to society due to the information they will be able to provide medical science.

You think the same players will keep getting it bi-weekly. I don't think any player who tests positive at any point right now gets it again through the rest of the year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Some people fail to generate antibodies because they have compromised immune systems, said Mark Sangster, a research professor at the University of Rochester Medical Center."

"Offit said he’s mystified by the fact that a small fraction of people with COVID-19 don’t make any antibodies against the virus. He knows of no other virus that does this."

"People with severe symptoms from COVID-19 tend to have higher antibody levels than those with milder cases."

"Some people fail to generate antibodies because they have compromised immune systems, said Mark Sangster, a research professor at the University of Rochester Medical Center."

"He said it’s possible the virus not only infects cells, but also dampens the immune system, suppressing antibody response."

Fauci Optimistic About COVID-19 Vaccines, Though Immunity Unknowns Complicate Development

""We expect people that are infected with COVID-19 to develop a response that has some level of protection — what we don't know right now is how strong that protection is, and if that's seen in everybody that is infected, and for how long that lasts," Maria Van Kerkhove, an expert with the World Health Organization, said at a press briefing on Monday."

"Some reports have already described people who appear to have recovered and then tested positive for the coronavirus again later"

Stop pinning your hopes on coronavirus antibodies: 3 major issues mean they're no silver bullet

Just some quotes briefly..............

But the anti-body tests suck, detect only certain things, were fast tracked for production, etc etc etc........

Simply, not everyone develops them. If they do, how strong they are, and how long they last are variable , and we just don't know yet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, let's see if any of them get it again or not before 2-3 months. With how much they will get tested and the physical shape and age they are to withstand it, this will all be a great benefit to society due to the information they will be able to provide medical science.

You think the same players will keep getting it bi-weekly. I don't think any player who tests positive at any point right now gets it again through the rest of the year.
Yes, that's gonna prove nothing. Real science comes from controlled conditions, peer reviewed journals, medical studies etc......What you propose has a billion uncontrolled variables...

Not saying anyone will get it twice etc........but to state they all then have immunity is false.......or that they all cant put their families at risk is false.

Unfortunately. This is ever evolving and so new that we are learning things each day

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope you're correct. I think we all do. I don't want to see anyone with this crap. I may be in the minority, but I know a handful of friends who have lost loved ones to this. I know others who got it and had some real issues. I also know someone who works for a cemetery/funeral home, and hear how many have come through there.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hope you're correct. I think we all do. I don't want to see anyone with this crap. I may be in the minority, but I know a handful of friends who have lost loved ones to this. I know others who got it and had some real issues. I also know someone who works for a cemetery/funeral home, and hear how many have come through there.

Fact is that some players in the NFL are going to get COVID whether football is played or if the season is canceled. It's going to happen no matter what. As long as they are testing enough to try and catch and contain as it happens I think the season happens.