• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn anyone?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's gotta be better than Skelton. Maybe better than Colt McCoy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. Easily over McCoy and Skelton and I'd voice my pleasure for that over quite a few QBs in the NFL so long as Greg Roman is on the staff. I was quite displeased when he left GB for SEA. When he was in Green Bay I really thought he had a bright future in the right spot.

Colt McCoy is one of my least favorite non-starter additions to a team I root for in any major sport. Just awful. And to such a critical position, too. I should come up with a list of quarterbacks I'd rather have than him because I get asked all the time by people who know me about what I mean when his name gets brought up.

I'd really like the Flynn/Roman football marriage but outside of getting to work with Roman/Harbaugh, I would just guess that he could find more money and likely a better chance for PT elsewhere. Not that I've EVER thought that Kaepernick was without a shadow of a doubt locked in for the long term. I just think he could find a better situation elsewhere if you take out the Roman and Harbaugh factor.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got cut by Oakland. How much do you think he will bring?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors coming out of Seattle when Wilson beat him out were that he didn't work that hard, even when Wilson was coming in at some absurd time every morning Flynn didn't respond by matching him, and did not help Wilson at all during the season the way you would want someone with a few years experience helping a rookie. Maybe getting cut would put some humility in the guy and make him not do those things anymore, but I wouldn't want him on the team.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id pass. I'd prefer kap, freeman, Skelton.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how hard is it to hand off to gore?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You must have an obsession with overpaid and washed up QBs being backups for the Niners.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be better than Skelton. Maybe better than Colt McCoy.

John-Krasinski-no.gif

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you.

My dream scenario would be to get someone like Sanchez as a back up in the offseason but I think he will want too much money. Also we may be looking for a starter if Kaep doesn't play any this season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you.

My dream scenario would be to get someone like Sanchez as a back up in the offseason but I think he will want too much money. Also we may be looking for a starter if Kaep doesn't play any this season.

we dont need a dirty sanchez

i'd rather go with say derek anderson after this season. then try to find a 3rd stringer to develop. clausen or pat devlin if we don't find anyone in the draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been on record here I believe and elsewhere about being a fan of bringing Sanchez to the team as well if Roman stays. I could get behind that. I don't know how interested Sanchez would be in that at all. I could get behind that most likely as a fan, though.

From a mental and mechanics standpoint, to me that would be one of the more interesting quarterbacks they could realistically bring in just to see what would and could happen with Sanchez.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Drew Brees?

Breese is fine I guess but his back up McCown may be done for the year. I saw this happened and searched for a FLynn thread and replied to this one and thought it was on the main NFL board so I made a mistake bumping this here