• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Cooke

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why the Wild would trade a fan favoirte in Clutterbuck when they could have signed him for 1 more year at 250K more per year than what they gave Cooke who's is apparently already hated by their fanbase before he's played 1 game for the organization.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutterbuck was fun to watch hit people but had no offensive skill and he wasn't very good along the boards. Cooke at least has some skill and is really good at cycling the puck and can also kill penalties which Cal couldn't do. Hopefully for the Isles being back with Tavares will do him some good.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes suspension-free, Wild fans will love him within a month.

You're the second Penguins fan to say that and I must say I don't agree with you - they will tolerate him if they are winning, but never love him

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not going to be happy here. :D

I was half kidding I love the guy for turning the Rangers around in the 90s and He does have great leadership skills that is why he wore the C on every team he was on..... That being said he can be a big baby sometimes. Like some how feeling disrespected by the Rangers so he bolts for the Canucks. then realizes it was a dumb choice and comes back. then gets passed over for the coach when he has zero experience so leaves his position with the Rangers.... Still love the guy though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutterbuck was fun to watch hit people but had no offensive skill and he wasn't very good along the boards. Cooke at least has some skill and is really good at cycling the puck and can also kill penalties which Cal couldn't do. Hopefully for the Isles being back with Tavares will do him some good.

I know Nino isn't at prospects camp & the team gave him the okay not to come, but come training camp if you get the chance tell him TO GROW UP!! The kid has talent. He's got a chance to be a top 6 power forward for the Wild. He needs to fire his agent, work on his skating & focus on improving the other facets of his game.

As for Clutterbuck he did score 19 goals one year. He's not expected to play on the 1st line with Tavares. Cal will probably be somewhat of a rover. Which means he could play anywhere from the 4th or the 1st depending on the game & the situation. With Clutterbuck & Matt Martin the Isles are going to be hitting their opponents quite often this season.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was half kidding I love the guy for turning the Rangers around in the 90s and He does have great leadership skills that is why he wore the C on every team he was on..... That being said he can be a big baby sometimes. Like some how feeling disrespected by the Rangers so he bolts for the Canucks. then realizes it was a dumb choice and comes back. then gets passed over for the coach when he has zero experience so leaves his position with the Rangers.... Still love the guy though.

There is a bit of hatred for the guy here. And he continues to impress with his recent "Won't make me the coach? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I QUIT!".

Quite a leader, but a selfish prick who was dirty as all get out when he played.

I guess that's how he leads. Spearing people in the ribs when they don't comply :D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogaard played with the Wild for 5 years, but he was last with the Rangers. I see this as a nice act...sue me. He reached out to the family even though it's been three years since he was with the Wild...a dick would just take it.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Clutterbuck he did score 19 goals one year. He's not expected to play on the 1st line with Tavares. Cal will probably be somewhat of a rover. Which means he could play anywhere from the 4th or the 1st depending on the game & the situation. With Clutterbuck & Matt Martin the Isles are going to be hitting their opponents quite often this season.

I know he won't be on Tavares' line but maybe he can help give him a spark. Nino will be interesting, great talent but kind of a head case.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogaard played with the Wild for 5 years, but he was last with the Rangers. I see this as a nice act...sue me. He reached out to the family even though it's been three years since he was with the Wild...a dick would just take it.

I'm glad Cooke is in the West. I'm actually looking forward to the first time the Wild play the Sharks. Cooke vs Torres should be fun.

Tell Sid to keep his head up, if Martin doesn't hit him, Clutterbuck will.:D:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a bit of hatred for the guy here. And he continues to impress with his recent "Won't make me the coach? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I QUIT!".

Quite a leader, but a selfish prick who was dirty as all get out when he played.

I guess that's how he leads. Spearing people in the ribs when they don't comply :D

You are free to have your own opinion on someone but lets be honest people who hate the great players all do that ohh he is a dirty player. Hell I think OV is the dirtiest player I have ever seen. I think Crosby is a flopper and Backes is a whiner. (though wouldnt say he is a great player just a Capt. and a whiner) People said Shanahan was dirty as well. The great ones are always going to have people who hate.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he won't be on Tavares' line but maybe he can help give him a spark. Nino will be interesting, great talent but kind of a head case.

If anything I think Clutterbuck will be a better player coming to the Isles. It's going to be a new beginning for him. A new conference to piss off after every shift.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Cooke is in the West. I'm actually looking forward to the first time the Wild play the Sharks. Cooke vs Torres should be fun.

Tell Sid to keep his head up, if Martin doesn't hit him, Clutterbuck will.:D:

As long as Sid keeps moving, I'm pretty certain Cal won't catch him, haha. That said, I hated playing the Isles pre-Clutterbuck...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Sid keeps moving, I'm pretty certain Cal won't catch him, haha. That said, I hated playing the Isles pre-Clutterbuck...

That's okay I hate playing the Penguins every game. I mean Crosby owns us. If he doesn't score Malkin does. If he doesn't Neal does. It gets old after awhile.

The Isles might not be done. Usually Staple says when they're finished, but he hasn't said that yet. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Isles trade a forward. Maybe even Moulson.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's okay I hate playing the Penguins every game. I mean Crosby owns us. If he doesn't score Malkin does. If he doesn't Neal does. It gets old after awhile.

The Isles might not be done. Usually Staple says when they're finished, but he hasn't said that yet. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Isles trade a forward. Maybe even Moulson.

Considering the state of the Isles goaltending having Malking and Crosby score a lot is not surprising.... but if your a glass half full kinda person at least your goalie situation is not nearly as bad as Phillys.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pens sure ain't done. There's definitely a trade coming on the defense. Too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough depth up front (that said they're gonna let some AHL guys get a shot for once).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
You are free to have your own opinion on someone but lets be honest people who hate the great players all do that ohh he is a dirty player. Hell I think OV is the dirtiest player I have ever seen. I think Crosby is a flopper and Backes is a whiner. (though wouldnt say he is a great player just a Capt. and a whiner) People said Shanahan was dirty as well. The great ones are always going to have people who hate.

fwiw, I hate him for the dark years he "led" my team into, dismantling it (along with Keenan) ... and took 20m to do it, then sued for more. His 'leadership' set our team back probably five years. I am also bitter because he was the consolation prize when George McPhee bumble-fucked us out of signing Gretzky.
I also think he is vastly overrated, and except for the 1990 Cup, was the beneficiary of some magical performances around him. Even in 94, Brian Leetch was far and away the best player on that team. His legendary guarantee... a shot from the wing that Brodeur should have stopped, and an empty netter? big whoop.

but I recognize you may have a different perspective :)

as for Cooke - kudos to him for going to ask the family first. that shows respect.
if they are OK with it, then none of us really have much room to complain.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, I hate him for the dark years he "led" my team into, dismantling it (along with Keenan) ... and took 20m to do it, then sued for more. His 'leadership' set our team back probably five years. I am also bitter because he was the consolation prize when George McPhee bumble-fucked us out of signing Gretzky.
I also think he is vastly overrated, and except for the 1990 Cup, was the beneficiary of some magical performances around him. Even in 94, Brian Leetch was far and away the best player on that team. His legendary guarantee... a shot from the wing that Brodeur should have stopped, and an empty netter? big whoop.

but I recognize you may have a different perspective :)

as for Cooke - kudos to him for going to ask the family first. that shows respect.
if they are OK with it, then none of us really have much room to complain.

Screwing the Canucks means I love him :lol:

I agree with you about Cooke. I thought it was a classy move from a questionable player.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, looks like I jumped the gun on Cooke, it was a cool gesture talking to Boogaard's parents and getting their okay. Maybe there's still hope for him.

/Naah :)