• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Masterson

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight would it be time to just move on and cut him? I feel without Kipnis he's gonna have a hard time with run support.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play in a pretty shallow league, so it depends on who you get. Masterson is not undroppable, but he does have a really high ceiling due to his high K rate and ground ball tendencies. He can be frustrating to own, but I would bench before dropping considering that you need pitchers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't drop him just to drop him...

if he's your worst pitcher, you are well off! he's having a little trouble in road games this season, so maybe keep an eye on that? I agree with t, he's not undroppable in shallow leagues, but I'd be willing to bet he'll help you more than hurt you... lots of arms get hit in Toronto.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he bounces back against the As. But yes he is my worst of six main pitchers in my league.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already cut him, and, I think I am more sorry than not. That said, I think I got equal value in return, as I think I picked up a closer to replace him, and needed that more than a starter.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he's your worst, then you don't need to count on him. I might sit him against the A's (he's not had the best history against them), and the start after that I believe is in Baltimore, so that's a no-no... so I guess he's droppable for you... just be ready to pounce if he gets a good stretch of starts lined up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he's your worst, then you don't need to count on him. I might sit him against the A's (he's not had the best history against them), and the start after that I believe is in Baltimore, so that's a no-no... so I guess he's droppable for you... just be ready to pounce if he gets a good stretch of starts lined up.

Drop some of those hitters first.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have dropped Marte and Bonefacio, but I have just Rendon and Desmond on the bench because I picked up Olt to start against the yankees and padres(in their hitting place) and also picked up Whitley. Masterson is still on the team and I debated between him and one of the 2 tier closers to possiby drop for Degrom or another pitcher. Waiting on when Heaney will get called up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have dropped Marte and Bonefacio, but I have just Rendon and Desmond on the bench because I picked up Olt to start against the yankees and padres(in their hitting place) and also picked up Whitley. Masterson is still on the team and I debated between him and one of the 2 tier closers to possiby drop for Degrom or another pitcher. Waiting on when Heaney will get called up.

Drop Olt quickly. No way he should play over Rendon or Desmond or Marte. He is all or nothing (literally half of his hits have been HRs, and that is not a good thing). Olt sometimes sits vs. righties, and when he plays he has a lot of 0-fers. Olt is closer to demotion than fantasy relevance at this point.

Also, Heaney could be worth a pick up when he gets the call, but dropping Masterson for Degrom is not going to help.