• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marty will stone the Panthers in Game 4

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Ive watched a whole lot of Devils playoff games and I'll put it out there that Marty will start game 4 and he will stone the Panthers. Can I predict a shutout? I went to the ugly Hurricanes playoff game (you know the one) and he was lights out the next game as expected. He's done that many times in his career so I'll put out this prediction.

Marty will shutout the Panthers in game 4.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy do I hope so..nothing would make me feel better then a shutout tonight with the Cats 0-4 on the PP.

It would totally shift the momentum of this series.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's a question. Say Marty is just as bad and we go down 3-1. You start moose for game 5?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question. Say Marty is just as bad and we go down 3-1. You start moose for game 5?

Deboer might. Not many coaches would've pulled Marty last game. A playoff game that is tied, not like we were getting blown out, and you pull the winningest goaltender in history, that's a power move.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a wake up move for the other players. Its a move I hate to see, but agreed with. Marty let stoppable shots in. They weren't the wristers that Kovy/Malkin/Ovi/Crosby/a Red Wing player would blast.... besides, earlier in the season, the team answered during the game when Marty is pulled...

fucking Devils... lets go!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OP please take all my Reputation Points.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demand the OP to make a post every single gameday from here on out.

Marty back with a vengeance!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props on the call... Your post was all I thought about after the second period... esp when we got up 3-0.... Great call.... hope to see more like it...

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
(this will be long winded and ego driven and alcohol fueled...you have been warned)

Yes yes thank you thank you. Im just glad we won the game.

I know how Marty plays. I made the exact same call on the ESPN board after the Carolina debacle when he was pulled. He shut them out the next game. Marty takes criticism personally. We still lost that CAR series though! That's a note to Devils players that may check the board. Ive watched Marty play nearly every playoff game of his career, mostly on tv but plenty in person. Marty is entirely predictable....and the Devils team rallies behind him every time he has a stinker game. No defenseman wants to be the real reason why Marty (arguably the best goalie in NHL history) has a bad game so the rest of the team stiffens up in front of him. That is something that NO GOALIE other than Marty can bring to fruition in this league on any given occasion. The team rallies around him. That's why Marty is still the man and like it or not he's the backbone of this team. He does stop pucks here and there too.....;)

All your rep are belong to us.

Props to Zach for subtly calling him out after the last game. Most teams wouldn't have pulled Marty (look at the phi/pit series) and the captain did his job off the ice. Go Devils.

(Ill be happy to make a playoff day post with my prediction. It won't always be a MB shutout though! I don't mind calling loses when I see them formulating.)

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched a whole lot of Devils playoff games and I'll put it out there that Marty will start game 4 and he will stone the Panthers. Can I predict a shutout? I went to the ugly Hurricanes playoff game (you know the one) and he was lights out the next game as expected. He's done that many times in his career so I'll put out this prediction.

Umm... rep. :yo:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(this will be long winded and ego driven and alcohol fueled...you have been warned)

Yes yes thank you thank you. Im just glad we won the game.

I know how Marty plays. I made the exact same call on the ESPN board after the Carolina debacle when he was pulled. He shut them out the next game. Marty takes criticism personally. We still lost that CAR series though! That's a note to Devils players that may check the board. Ive watched Marty play nearly every playoff game of his career, mostly on tv but plenty in person. Marty is entirely predictable....and the Devils team rallies behind him every time he has a stinker game. No defenseman wants to be the real reason why Marty (arguably the best goalie in NHL history) has a bad game so the rest of the team stiffens up in front of him. That is something that NO GOALIE other than Marty can bring to fruition in this league on any given occasion. The team rallies around him. That's why Marty is still the man and like it or not he's the backbone of this team. He does stop pucks here and there too.....;)

All your rep are belong to us.

Props to Zach for subtly calling him out after the last game. Most teams wouldn't have pulled Marty (look at the phi/pit series) and the captain did his job off the ice. Go Devils.

(Ill be happy to make a playoff day post with my prediction. It won't always be a MB shutout though! I don't mind calling loses when I see them formulating.)

If you call the next game accurately, I will be hiring you for football season. We can make some serious cash. :nod:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets put those predictive powers to real good use....the winning numbers of Saturdays Powerball please...

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Lets put those predictive powers to real good use....the winning numbers of Saturdays Powerball please...

They're already taken, sorry.

New prediction thread coming soon.