• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch Syndrome Spreading to NBA

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Real original Russell. This phenomenon is lost on me. He looked dumber than Lynch (if that's even possible). :L

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook "Execution" Interview - YouTube

Real original Russell. This phenomenon is lost on me. He looked dumber than Lynch (if that's even possible). :L

At least with Marshawn Lynch, he has made it very clear from day 1 that he has zero interest in talking to the media and only does interviews because he is essentially forced to by the league. Reporters that choose to try to interview him, know what they are going to get before they open their mouths. He gives the same interview whether the Seahawks just lost the game or won the Super Bowl. He genuinely just wants to be left alone by the media.

Westbrook doing that is just him being an asshole because he's never been one to shy away or avoid interviews in the past, especially when he and his team are playing well.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least with Marshawn Lynch, he has made it very clear from day 1 that he has zero interest in talking to the media and only does interviews because he is essentially forced to by the league. Reporters that choose to try to interview him, know what they are going to get before they open their mouths. He gives the same interview whether the Seahawks just lost the game or won the Super Bowl. He genuinely just wants to be left alone by the media.

Westbrook doing that is just him being an asshole because he's never been one to shy away or avoid interviews in the past, especially when he and his team are playing well.

Yep, I have no problem with Lynch doing it. Apparently, Westbrook has beef with that one reporter, because he wrote a story on them trashing them. I have no idea why he acted like an asshole towards the other reporters.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the day that Marshawn Lynch needs the media.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the day that Marshawn Lynch needs the media.

Why do you have a problem with him standing up to the media, who love to bash and twist player's words up?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch doesn't do it for attention. He does it for the exact opposite reason. Kid literally freezes in front of the camera and doesn't know what to say.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch doesn't do it for attention. He does it for the exact opposite reason. Kid literally freezes in front of the camera and doesn't know what to say.

He doesn't freeze at all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why leagues started making players talk to the media. Each of the major sports has gone through times when they were struggling to one extent or another to attract fans, t.v. viewers, etc. and "access" to the players is a great way to do that.

However, we now live in an age where all of the major sports are enjoying success and we get literally 24/7 coverage of all sports. It's time to allow players to "opt out" of these pre and post game interviews. For every Marshawn Lynch, there are 4-5 others on every team that are always ready to talk to the media.

The only caveat that I would add is that if you "opt out" of talking to the media, then you are opting out for the entire season if you are opting in, that's also for the entire season. You don't get to decide to only talk to them after you win or played well.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leagues make the players talk to the media because the media is one paying the league billions of dollars to televise the games. they want player access for their billions. it's always about the money with sports on this level. personally, I have no problem with players not addressing the media. the media just wants the soap opera drama. if westbrook doesn't want to talk...the don't. I couldn't care less.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leagues make the players talk to the media because the media is one paying the league billions of dollars to televise the games. they want player access for their billions. it's always about the money with sports on this level. personally, I have no problem with players not addressing the media. the media just wants the soap opera drama. if westbrook doesn't want to talk...the don't. I couldn't care less.

I never watch the pre or post game shows anyway. Once I know the final score I don't give a shit

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Most NBA players reveal just how dumb they are when they talk.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most NBA players are well spoken. Every league has its knuckle heads.. but the NBA has done a great job with the superstars in the league now. You really don't see the problems in this league that you see in the NFL.