• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshall on 60-day

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe he hasn't pitched in 2 months.
Any ideas on how that's hurt the team? I can't say that it has, from a pitching point of view.

Sean Marshall transferred to 60-day DL
-- CBSSports.com
Reds reliever Sean Marshall was transferred to the 60-day disabled list Tuesday in order to make more room on the roster.

Marshal has been sidelined since May 20 with a sprained left shoulder. He threw for the second consecutive day but is still not ready to start throwing off a mound.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez what's the point ? I'm beginning to think he's going on the Madson/Lincoln scholarship...you know, get paid 7 or 8 figures not to pitch.

Does he really have an injury, I mean one that shows a tear and/ or hurts too bad to throw, or has he just developed Lincecum or Zito's disease, you know where he used to throw 94 but now just can't get over 84 ?

Before PED's they called this age, or dead arm. Madison gas actually appealed to MLB, saying in effect that if he was allowed to take steroid therapy, hed already be pitching. Sometimes naybe its muscle performance not available without PED help, maybe it's just mechanics that make a difference, sometimes it's an injury, but lately with the Reds, I can't figure out if the doctors and coaches just don't have a clue, and just point fingers at everyone else.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is one of our lefties....I imagine that can hurt a little. Nearly 5 million/year wasting away.....sigh.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the particulars on the 60-day stuff but they might be doing that to put somebody on the 40-man, and there may be some contractual value to it. I know a guy on the 60-day doesn't count against the 40-man unless you want him to. People who understand rosters might have a clue and I will try to find out about that for my own curiosity.

But if the 60-man basically means he's done for the year, perhaps he and Nick Masset can play pool together.

I keep wondering if Cueto's going to pitch again this year ... maybe he will do the roid work himself to get well and plan his "recovery" after the traces are all gone.

I hate to accuse the guy, but sorry ... it waddles a little like a duck.

Could be our Redlegs are darin' to do some dealin' ... though Walt was pretty clear about the guys on the DL being better than anybody we could get in a trade -- but the problem remains .....

They are on the DL, not in uniform.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought Soto up for a few days. I wonder if they didn't bring him up just to show his talents. Might be a trade in the works there.?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto could be part of a trade, but I see that as something in the winter.
And you KNOW I am an *expert* at this trade stuff.
:noidea: