• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez ?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Stafford goes down for weeks 7 and 8, hypothetically, and going 1-1 in those two weeks is the difference between making the playoffs and missing out? 1 win usually decides between 3 or 4 teams for playoff spots. Also, even if we win enough games to lock down a playoff spot regardless of those two games, playoff seeding is pretty damn important. Going 0-2 in our two hypothetical games without Stafford may mean traveling to San Fran, Seattle, Carolina, etc, whereas going 1-1 might meant playing at home.

If Stafford goes on IR for the season, then yes, the back-up QB is a moot point. But having a guy who can keep us afloat for two or three games is pretty important when you look at the bigger picture.

If Stafford goes down, then you simply didn't overpay for a backup QB and you will be happy in next years Free Agency with more money.:laugh3:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not many options out there for a back-up QB. Shaun Hill would be great to have back again, and is still out there. Maybe roll the dice on Josh Freeman? He's clearly got the talent to win games, but also seems to be a bit of a douche...

I wouldn't mind drafting one with one of those comp picks we just got...

I think Freeman would be worth a shot if the price is right, but agree he is not the guy you want to depend on.

As far as drafting one, that is what I was getting at when asking if Moore was ready to be a number 2. If we draft a QB they will not be the number 2 this year. The following year they could.

I would be OK either way as long as we do not just go with 2 QBs. Moore does not seem to be even a decent backup IMO. This coming year we will see for sure as he did show some improvement knowledge wise. If his arm does not improve it will be moot.