• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Harrison as possible TE fit

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be his only shot to make the roster.

It would be far more acceptable than throwing away a high draft pick on depth.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had this same thought when I read a recent article on the Pats giving a tryout to Kelvin Benjamin (6'5" - 235?), that either one could be a hybrid receiver/TE.

I seriously doubt Benjamin will be available for us though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell should we take Benjamin in the first round.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be his only shot to make the roster.

It would be far more acceptable than throwing away a high draft pick on depth.

You do realize the 2nd TE in the NE system would be far more then depth right?

Or do you think that preparing for the future, having a good/great backup (incase of injury) and having someone who is going to flex as well as do other things in the offense (more than 50% of the time) is a bad thing? Maybe the Pats should only carry 24 players or something? You know cause they don't need anyone else in your eyes. This team would be horrible if that was the case, especially last year when that depth you hate was the reason they made it as far as they did.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or do you think that preparing for the future, having a good/great backup (incase of injury) and having someone who is going to flex as well as do other things in the offense (more than 50% of the time) is a bad thing? Maybe the Pats should only carry 24 players or something? You know cause they don't need anyone else in your eyes. This team would be horrible if that was the case, especially last year when that depth you hate was the reason they made it as far as they did.

:agree:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM is right on this one. Harrison may have a great future but converting to tight end has never been automatic. If he can REALLY block, he may earn his money. If he cannot, He will be expoited and will not make the field as a 1st string player. As a backup, he will have value. You cannot overpay for "depth", furthermore, the transition from "big receiver" to tight end is harder than you think.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's depth. It's someone who won't consistently see the field, and has almost no potential to move into a starting role in the next 5 years.

You don't use a first or second rounder on that.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's depth. It's someone who won't consistently see the field, and has almost no potential to move into a starting role in the next 5 years.

So a Flex TE wont see the field? What was Hernandez then? An illusion while he was here?

I want any player who is going to see the field more than 50% of the time to be either a high pick or quality pick later on (ie someone like Gronk, Hernandez)

I mean unless you think it is ok to have your depth (that is needed) to be street free agents, and crap.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...was Henandez the 2nd "won't consistantly see the field" TE?
'Cause I don't remember it that way.

I remember Bill consistantly playing a two TE set when he had two that worked well together.
I also remember last year not having any TE that was anything more than a fill in that was consistantly on the feild between Mulligan and Hoomanawananui.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...was Henandez the 2nd "won't consistantly see the field" TE?
'Cause I don't remember it that way.

I remember Bill consistantly playing a two TE set when he had two that worked well together.
I also remember last year not having any TE that was anything more than a fill in that was consistantly on the feild between Mulligan and Hoomanawananui.

JDM doesn't get it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez would not have been worth a first round pick either, ignoring the character issues.