• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Vs Angels; May 2nd - 4th

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to believe that so bad. However I feel like the same mistake was made as in 2015. There is no plan B so we have to watch him flail away. The only difference in him is he Ks on. 3-2 counts instead of 0-2 counts. And honestly if you watch closely his defense isn't all that great either. He's a good pitch framer but let's to many balls get behind him.
This year is even worse, he's hitting so bad he's dragging his career average down. .193 career average as of today.

He's clearly not going to get any better. If fact he's getting worse.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any fans left still thinking it's just a slow start and they will turn it around at some point?

How many more years of futility is it going to take until they can put a half way decent product out on that field? Will they have to eventually fire Dipoto and start all over again to get there? Or he just needs more time?

All questions that as life long M's fans have to be seriously old by now as it's the same thing year in and year out for the last 40 years outside of that brief blip with Lou.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the earliest that my numbness has kicked in into the season. My excitement for every game hasn't waned, but as soon as Diaz gave up the homer I went to bed as if I didn't just watch the last 8 innings. I watch with hopes of a win, but as soon as these games quickly get ripped away they lose me without any further interest. I can't say never, but at some point that loss of interest will creep up to the point I just don't watch. My wife reminded me that we are only four months out from September so it won't be long before all of our focus goes to the other board anyways.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I don't have an issue bringing in Diaz to face Calhoun. Bring in your best reliever to face the opposing teams best hitters.

Kole Calhoun 2017:

Vs RH .275
Vs LH .182

'Lloyd' brings in a RH.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any fans left still thinking it's just a slow start and they will turn it around at some point?

How many more years of futility is it going to take until they can put a half way decent product out on that field? Will they have to eventually fire Dipoto and start all over again to get there? Or he just needs more time?

All questions that as life long M's fans have to be seriously old by now as it's the same thing year in and year out for the last 40 years outside of that brief blip with Lou.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my expectations for the season mostly dried up after the first series in Houston. I'd like to see the M's turn it around and I still catch at least some of most games on tv, but I expect another 90+ loss season more than I think they will actually turn the season around.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for anyone else, but my expectations for the season mostly dried up after the first series in Houston. I'd like to see the M's turn it around and I still catch at least some of most games on tv, but I expect another 90+ loss season more than I think they will actually turn the season around.
Seems like the last few years they have been chasing.500. They fall back early, work at catching up, almost get there, then fall back again. They have been good in spurts for about four years now. But they just seem incapable of being good for extended periods...extended periods being 162 games.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kole Calhoun 2017:

Vs RH .275
Vs LH .182

'Lloyd' brings in a RH.

I get that. I'm just saying if Diaz is truly the reliever we need him to be, he should be able to handle that. My bigger issue is Diaz commanding his fastball. He just doesn't do it consistently enough. If you bring in Pazos to get out Calhoun, I'm betting Diaz blows it in the 9th anyway with the way his control was. The bullpen has clearly been a mess tho

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. I'm just saying if Diaz is truly the reliever we need him to be, he should be able to handle that. My bigger issue is Diaz commanding his fastball. He just doesn't do it consistently enough. If you bring in Pazos to get out Calhoun, I'm betting Diaz blows it in the 9th anyway with the way his control was. The bullpen has clearly been a mess tho

Probably true, but you still have to play the odds. Plus, with all of Diaz's issues, do you really want him facing extra hitters? I think the legend of Diaz is far greater than the reality of Diaz. I would have dealt him in the off season if the return was there and signed a proven closer.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I don't have an issue bringing in Diaz to face Calhoun. Bring in your best reliever to face the opposing teams best hitters. I didn't like Zych going out for the 8th but when your starter can't cover six innings, you have to get somewhat creative. At the end of the day; Paxton, Zych, Diaz and Pazos all didn't have good command last night. If Diaz just pitches the 9th with a run lead, he may give up the lead any day.

At the end of the day I think this team is where it is for multiple reasons. In game managing plays a role as does injuries, personnel and underperformance. It's not to late but man feels like we can't be kicking Paxton starts right now

You know what's one (of many) issue right now? These guys have no defined roles. Who is/are the setup guys? 7th inning guy? Bringing in guys and expect them to go longer than they should is sucidal. We don't have guys right now that can go into the 7th and 8th innings to lock guys down for the closer. want to have guys like Pazos, Vincent, Zych pitch those innings? Fine but dont expect them to get 5-6 outs... it's stupid. Similarly for Diaz, I don't think he's there as a closer yet to expect him to come in for a 4-5 outs save. If commands are the issues with these guys, i dont see how having them face more batters will help, especially when you bring a closer with runners already on base.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true, but you still have to play the odds. Plus, with all of Diaz's issues, do you really want him facing extra hitters? I think the legend of Diaz is far greater than the reality of Diaz. I would have dealt him in the off season if the return was there and signed a proven closer.

Yea absolutely. That's why I put the pen issues more on Dipoto than Servais. Along with Diaz being mostly unproven, it was known that both Zych and Cishek were missing time. Yet other then signing Scrabble, nothing was really done to bolster the pen. As a result guys like Fien and Marshall are up here or were up here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie, you are one of the FAIR posters. By that I mean realistic.

But Dyson, 4 hard hit balls all year, Why did we sign him?

He's really fast!!! lol I don't know why the Mariners do half of what they do honestly, it's been the worst run franchise in pro-sports for years...

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About zunino:
“We’re going to stick with Mike right now,” Servais said before Wednesday’s game against the Angels. “I do like the adjustments he’s making. It is a results-driven league, and eventually you have to do a little bit more than we’re doing. I certainly believe he’s got it in him.”

Mike .167 2017 BA zunino.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably hit a home run because I said that. If so good!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kole Calhoun 2017:

Vs RH .275
Vs LH .182

'Lloyd' brings in a RH.

Are you already there with Scott, naming him the new Lloyd? I mean, I think it was stupid but not Lloyd stupid yet..hopefully.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! A double.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager swinging on a 3-0 count :L

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you already there with Scott, naming him the new Lloyd? I mean, I think it was stupid but not Lloyd stupid yet..hopefully.

Yes. Yes I am. He makes moves that leaves you scratching your head as he does them and then to no surprise the move fails. That is the pure definition of 'Lloyd'. :nod:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blooooooowpen