• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Sign Pollock...No Joke

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
244OF

TJ McCants​

Ole Miss
McCants was a big prospect in the 2019 MLB Draft and continues to be in 2023. He's a supreme athlete with at least plus-plus speed and projection on the impact in the bat as he continues to age. There's a little bit of a young Jason Heyward here. McCants has played all over the diamond, but a lot of the scouts we've spoken with like him in centerfield as a pro. It's a really good frame with strong bat to ball skills. McCants can certainly steal a base, and as he ages, could get to 45-grade power. It's a fringy arm, but this is a big league centerfielder.

OF

Jace Grady​

Dallas Baptist
Grady has been one of the better hitters in college baseball since 2020. He's a switch-hitter with a slappy, all-fields approach and some over-the-fence power from the left side of the plate. The juice is almost entirely pull-side right now. The bat-to-ball skills are impressive. though they regressed a tick in 2022. Grady really doesn't strikeout at all, though he's in no hurry to draw a walk either. The athleticism, straight line speed, as well as route running ability fit in centerfield. It's a below average, maybe fringe-average arm though, so pushing the profile into a corner would certainly put far more demand on the bat. Much of Grady's draft ceiling hinges on how much power he'll be able to showcase as July approaches....

i compare to..haniger...lolo

112OF

Jake Cunningham​

Charlotte
Cunningham has continued to blossom every single year he's been at Charlotte, turning himself into something of a 5-tool player. He's got the hit tool and the power to inject impact into any lineup. He can really go get it in centerfield with 70-grade run times, and he's a big-time threat on the basepaths too. A leader in the clubhouse, Cunningham has the makeup and tools to really show well at the next level. Furthermore, his 6-foot-4-inch frame and burgeoning abilities at the plate suggest there's more in the tank. If a team believes in the bat, he could go early on day two.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it...seignfeld.......lololol....

stanton..is a buisness man....yes an owner...as well...

the mariners...potential..just went..up......ohh yeah...
I like the pickup here. Doesn't mean we can't throw out a few jabs along the way.

This one was better than Topa. That one makes me shake my head.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pickup here. Doesn't mean we can't throw out a few jabs along the way.

This one was better than Topa. That one makes me shake my head.
Always looking for the next Sewald instead of just signing an actual stud reliever. If you hit, you look like a genius. If you miss, nobody notices.

Nice having you back on here a bit more of late.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this means they are officially out of the Reynolds sweepstakes. Good solid pickup and now go get Bauer.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this means they are officially out of the Reynolds sweepstakes. Good solid pickup and now go get Bauer.

Agree

I have bashed plenty on Dipoto as have many here ... but you gotta look at the magic he has pulled off in basically: exchanging Wanker and Toro for Wong and Pollack. That is some serious 3 card Monty slight of hand.

And in doing so there is residual cash for soliciting Bauer onboard or other scenarios the next couple months.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No GM in his right mind is going to meet Pittsburgh's asking price . :nono:
And they probably don't care. I am so over him. He would be an upgrade, but he isn't a superstar. Not sure if he is even a star.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have bashed plenty on Dipoto as have many here ... but you gotta look at the magic he has pulled off in basically: exchanging Wanker and Toro for Wong and Pollack. That is some serious 3 card Monty slight of hand.
But he is ridding himself of his own moves. That isn't a good thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread, I'm actually pretty surprised they actually signed someone.

Thank God they finally have someone decent to split between LF and DH.

They could've done better but Dipoto seemed content going with ???? at DH and Kelenic in left.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree

And in doing so there is residual cash for soliciting Bauer onboard or other scenarios the next couple months.
I don’t necessarily agree with that. Getting rid of Winker was great, but this off-season they acquired 2 guys who have to be replaced defensively in a close game an, a platoon player and 2 relievers who will be DFA’d in the spring if all things work out. A saving grace for Teoscar and Wong are they had down years last year so might pull a Geno.

I’m not bashing the move whatsoever to me it isn’t something to get all excited about because he did literally nothing to sustain success (which is what he preached he couldn’t go overspend on a FA).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it..
This is basically where I am at. Glass half full is that it allows you to not give up on Kelenic yet and still give him every chance to succeed vs RHP only.

Plus the AL West has alot of lefties (Valdez, Perez, Heaney, Irvin, Tyler Anderson, Sandoval, Suarez) so it doesnt hurt to have another lefty masher.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh i wouldnt necessarily say that but they had to do something else there and it seems like the Pirates asking price is too high for now. Possibly can revisit in the summer im sure

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh i wouldnt necessarily say that but they had to do something else there and it seems like the Pirates asking price is too high for now. Possibly can revisit in the summer im sure
If the Mariners have to revisit it then that means Kelenic flops horribly again. If he flops his value with be nothing in the deal. The only other way I can see a Reynolds deal going down is if Trammell, Marlowe or DeLoach absolutely crush it and it peaks Pittsburgh’s interest.

If the Mariners get Reynolds, ideally, Kelenic actually hits and the Mariners resign Teoscar and he can be the primary DH. IMO the club is 1000% better if he is the DH but can play in the field to get Julio, Pollock or in this scenario Reynolds a day at DH rather than the idea of rotating catchers at DH.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I partially right. We weren’t in on Reynolds, and they signed Pollack. I was wrong on the it was a good pickup. Marlowe wasn’t great by any means but he was better than Pollack and Trammell combined.

They would be in the playoffs if they didn’t spend a month giving LaStella AB’s and 3 months of giving Pollack and Wong AB’s. Heck they even had Flexen rotting on the bench instead of allowing the team to skip starts for Miller and Woo.