• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Lattimore knee coming along

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People comparing tearing acl to what Lattimore had done to his knee are dillusional. His knee might never be anything close to what it was. And his upright running style gives rise to even more injuries possible.

yeah, think most of us understand this from draft day, and remain cautiously optimistic. so while we wait for that season where we find out, why get too pessimistic?

immediately after the draft yes, agree expectations were too high, but lately don't feel its been unreasonable?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it was a gruesome injury, but nothing broke or nothing tore. There is going to be added injury concern, but the risk is there for every player on every play. I wouldn't couldn't count the kid out.

You are wrong. he tore his PCL, LCL, and ACL on the knee injury and dislocated his knee cap.

I did something similar. More like what happened with [YOUTUBE]MHFs4a-Bb-c[/YOUTUBE] Shaun Livingston's

Tore my ACL, MCL, and PCL landing on someone's foot trying to save a ball from going out of bounds. MY foot almost hit my chest it bent so wrong. 9 years later and a ton of physical therapy later I am barely able to go side to side. I experience great pain almost to the point of throwing up every now and then. I can tell you that if he does come back and is close it I will be amazed.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong. he tore his PCL, LCL, and ACL on the knee injury and dislocated his knee cap.

I did something similar. More like what happened with [YOUTUBE]MHFs4a-Bb-c[/YOUTUBE] Shaun Livingston's

Tore my ACL, MCL, and PCL landing on someone's foot trying to save a ball from going out of bounds. MY foot almost hit my chest it bent so wrong. 9 years later and a ton of physical therapy later I am barely able to go side to side. I experience great pain almost to the point of throwing up every now and then. I can tell you that if he does come back and is close it I will be amazed.

Ok, was reading some old articles and SC wasn't exactly forthcoming with the extent of the injury. No doubt he has a tough road. I can't even begin to imagine how painful that would have been for him or you or anyone else that goes through that. There has been a lot of changes from then to now with these types of injuries. Would you guess that the medical attention and rehab you received was the same caliber that Marcus has been privy too? A lot of people seem to think he may end up being the steal of the draft, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question on the PUP list. PUP list implications for NFC West players

It says that those on the list still count toward the 90 but when the cut for 53 comes, they don't count but can't come back until 6 games in. Then, it says this is an advantage over other injury designations because they can come back any time before the 53 cut down. It seems the only advantage comes after the cut, when they don't count to the 53 (with the disadvantage of the 6 games rule).

If they count anyway toward the 90, what's the advantage of putting them on the PUP list unless they won't come back until after the cutdown? Why not have them count and not designate them on the list until right before the cutdown? (Assuming it isn't an obvious injured for awhile guy like Crabtree.)

Is there a deadline to designate and only those who might not be back are put there? Is there a limit (other than practicality) in how many get the PUP list designation?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, was reading some old articles and SC wasn't exactly forthcoming with the extent of the injury. No doubt he has a tough road. I can't even begin to imagine how painful that would have been for him or you or anyone else that goes through that. There has been a lot of changes from then to now with these types of injuries. Would you guess that the medical attention and rehab you received was the same caliber that Marcus has been privy too? A lot of people seem to think he may end up being the steal of the draft, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

yep, and all of us fans are prepared to wait till next season.

in this day and age of NFL drafting, no doubt they did as thorough a medical evaluation on his knee. IMO, if the medical projections were less than 50%, no one would even draft him. like to think the projections were 75 to 95%, cause we not only drafted him, but used a 4th rounder. we did not consider Lattimore just a late 'flyer'. in HIS case, it wasn't nearly as bad as Hangman's?

and sorry to hear about your injury Hangman.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis McGahee did it. Perhaps Lattimore can as well. He's going to really have to want it though.

Yeah he did and I didn't expect him to ever be great and he went on to have a nice career. Considering that was 10 years ago too makes it more impressive.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did something similar.

Sucks that you got hurt so bad dude. Anyway, I think there is a big difference between regular guy physical therapy like what you went through and the big money rehab/therapy that someone like Lattimore had behind him at a Division 1 school and now the 49ers.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A question on the PUP list. PUP list implications for NFC West players

It says that those on the list still count toward the 90 but when the cut for 53 comes, they don't count but can't come back until 6 games in. Then, it says this is an advantage over other injury designations because they can come back any time before the 53 cut down. It seems the only advantage comes after the cut, when they don't count to the 53 (with the disadvantage of the 6 games rule).

If they count anyway toward the 90, what's the advantage of putting them on the PUP list unless they won't come back until after the cutdown? Why not have them count and not designate them on the list until right before the cutdown? (Assuming it isn't an obvious injured for awhile guy like Crabtree.)

Is there a deadline to designate and only those who might not be back are put there? Is there a limit (other than practicality) in how many get the PUP list designation?

I don't know if there is a deadline, but players can come off the PUP list at any point during training camp (KW just did).

If a player participates in practice at all, I believe they are ineligible for the PUP, however, as they can only go on PUP if they have a pre-existing injury.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there is a deadline, but players can come off the PUP list at any point during training camp (KW just did).

If a player participates in practice at all, I believe they are ineligible for the PUP, however, as they can only go on PUP if they have a pre-existing injury.

Thanks. I'm still confused on the advantages of the PUP list for those who may come back prior to the 53-man cut if they still count towards the 90 anyway (and will be out 6 games if they are not removed). A deadline and uncertainty of coming back would seem to have to exist for there to be a purpose to it (other than excusing them from participation). I think I am missing something but I don't know what. Could it just be a practical designation as a category, as if one doesn't participate it's known and therefore being on the PUP is just a check the box designation until the 53-man cut where it becomes significant?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks. I'm still confused on the advantages of the PUP list for those who may come back prior to the 53-man cut if they still count towards the 90 anyway (and will be out 6 games if they are not removed). A deadline and uncertainty of coming back would seem to have to exist for there to be a purpose to it (other than excusing them from participation). I think I am missing something but I don't know what. Could it just be a practical designation as a category, as if one doesn't participate it's known and therefore being on the PUP is just a check the box designation until the 53-man cut where it becomes significant?

I would imagine it's because you can't go on it once training camp starts. If you have a guy like KW, who is coming back from a serious injury, you may want to put him on the PUP in case there has been a set-back in rehab, or he isn't as far along as teams believe. My understanding with the new CBA is that players are essentially banned from team facilities between the end of OTAs and TC. THis means the team wouldn't be able to monitor Williams' rehab until TC starts. So you put him on PUP. If his injury is on or ahead of schedule, you can take him off right away. If he needs a few weeks (Hunter, Manningham) he can be on PUP and if there's a setback he can remain there into the season, if he's ready in a few weeks you activate him.

If we were to start with Manningham (reportedly a month away) on the active roster and he kept rehabbing and suffered some sort of setback, PUP is not an option so he would either take up a spot on the 53 when the season starts or have to go on IR.

When there are guys only on for a day, I imagine it's a precaution in case they fail their physical.

The Seahawks for example could get really screwed with Harvin if they didn't put him on the PUP.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine it's because you can't go on it once training camp starts. If you have a guy like KW, who is coming back from a serious injury, you may want to put him on the PUP in case there has been a set-back in rehab, or he isn't as far along as teams believe. My understanding with the new CBA is that players are essentially banned from team facilities between the end of OTAs and TC. THis means the team wouldn't be able to monitor Williams' rehab until TC starts. So you put him on PUP. If his injury is on or ahead of schedule, you can take him off right away. If he needs a few weeks (Hunter, Manningham) he can be on PUP and if there's a setback he can remain there into the season, if he's ready in a few weeks you activate him.

If we were to start with Manningham (reportedly a month away) on the active roster and he kept rehabbing and suffered some sort of setback, PUP is not an option so he would either take up a spot on the 53 when the season starts or have to go on IR.

When there are guys only on for a day, I imagine it's a precaution in case they fail their physical.

The Seahawks for example could get really screwed with Harvin if they didn't put him on the PUP.

Thanks, iMac; now, I think it's pretty clear in my head.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

PUP, NFI primarily a CYA device for NFL teams | ProFootballTalk

Sounds like it's more of a liability thing for a team than anything else.