• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning 'insulted' by question on wheather loss was embrassing

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning was visibly grim in his postgame press conference after he finished the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl loss to the Seattle Seahawks with a 24.4 QBR, 73.5 passer rating and two interceptions.

Manning was noticeably upset when a reporter asked Manning if this was an embarrassing loss.

“It’s not embarrassing at all,” he said. “I would never use that word. There’s a lot of professional football players in that locker room, who put a lot of hard work and effort into being here and into playing in that game. The word ‘embarrassing’ is an insulting word to me, in truth.”

Source: Real GM

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing insulting....I'm sure there more than a few Broncos in the locker room--post game--who were embarrassed about the game.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was embarrassed. Of course he was. If he wasn't, if he truly wasn't, then I have a severe problem with that.

However, there is no way he was not embarrassed.

There is a distinct possibility he was took it as......

"was he embarrassed regardless of all the accomplishments. Meaning, I think he saw it as an attack on everything they had done during the year."

However, he along with every single Bronco player, front office person, and fan were humiliated.

I am not over it.... There is a distinct possibility that I put too much into the NFL and it should not affect me the way it does.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was embarrassed. Of course he was. If he wasn't, if he truly wasn't, then I have a severe problem with that.

However, there is no way he was not embarrassed.

There is a distinct possibility he was took it as......

"was he embarrassed regardless of all the accomplishments. Meaning, I think he saw it as an attack on everything they had done during the year."

However, he along with every single Bronco player, front office person, and fan were humiliated.

I am not over it.... There is a distinct possibility that I put too much into the NFL and it should not affect me the way it does.

+100000000000

I wish there was something I could do to make it hurt less, but there isn't. It's the pain and sorrow being a superfan. This was an absolutely heartbreaking way to end a great year. Seattle absolutely owned us in every facet of the game :L

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+100000000000

I wish there was something I could do to make it hurt less, but there isn't. It's the pain and sorrow being a superfan. This was an absolutely heartbreaking way to end a great year. Seattle absolutely owned us in every facet of the game :L

Yeah. There is only ONE TEAM at the end that is not heart broken. ONE TEAM.

Look, Seattle earned it, and all of that. I, however, think it was more the Broncos not showing up than the Seahawks playing great.

That is not taking anything away from them, cause I happen to share the same perspective of Belichick. He says more games are actually lost than won. Meaning it is the team that makes the least mistakes.

The safety on the fucking first play of the GD game was not Seattle earning anything. They spend two freaking weeks preparing, the whole season running this prolific offense, and the center and QB are not on the same page on the first play? Talk abut a gut punch that took the air out of any so called momentum.

The Broncos finally had a drive at the end of the first half. They get called a pile of crap holding penalty. That, eventually turned into the pick 6, which could be looked at a 14 point swing. At least a 10 point swing. You have Tony Carter being called on a PI on a critical 3rd down, which turned into 7 points.

You have the morons on the coaching staff instruct Prater to kick a pooch kick to fucking Percy Harvin....with Tamme on the kick off team. Tamme!? That is basically two players on the kick off team that has little to no ability to make a viable effort.

Then there were at least 4 drives in the second half, where ONE turned into a TD. The Hawks did not run the ball at all...in the middle. I did not think they would have success and they did not. They did have success on the edges, like I thought. Not with Lynch. Harvin had a 30 yard gain. Ayers looked completely lost out there. He appears to be an emotional, ignorant ass too at times on the field. He certainly does not seem to understand rudimentary concepts of the contain. Which, can also be blamed on coaching as well.

The Hawks earned it, but I also happen to think it was the Broncos looking completely unprepared, and it became a snowball rolling down a hill. That is the part that pisses me off. I mean it pisses me off too, and John Fox's face irks me.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong.....I absolutely think the Broncos waited until the Super Bowl to play their worst game of the Manning era. We did absolutely nothing right, and looked COMPLETELY unprepared.

I won't take an inch of this away from Seattle though. They came out, took control of the game, and didn't let off one bit. It was their year.

I just can't believe all the work, and good football we played to get there.......only to come out and lay one of the biggest eggs in Super Bowl history. This shit is gonna have me twisted up for weeks.

Fucking sucks.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong.....I absolutely think the Broncos waited until the Super Bowl to play their worst game of the Manning era. We did absolutely nothing right, and looked COMPLETELY unprepared.

I won't take an inch of this away from Seattle though. They came out, took control of the game, and didn't let off one bit. It was their year.

I just can't believe all the work, and good football we played to get there.......only to come out and lay one of the biggest eggs in Super Bowl history. This shit is gonna have me twisted up for weeks.

Fucking sucks.

PSH has some leftover heroine he is not using if you need some help...

Too soon?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSH has some leftover heroine he is not using if you need some help...

Too soon?

Uh ok. Tell "PSH"....whoever the fuck that is that I'll pass :lame::wtf2::fap:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh ok. Tell "PSH"....whoever the fuck that is that I'll pass :lame::wtf2::fap:

Oh and sorry if I did not get all sad and join in on you and BB's little pity party that you all got going. Would you like a tissue?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the good Doctor gets an A for honesty.

...anyone heard from cdumler? Hope he's ok man.

It'll blow over Doc....hang in there.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and sorry if I did not get all sad and join in on you and BB's little pity party that you all got going. Would you like a tissue?

Tissue? I'd never offer them tissue! Toilet paper seems a better offering.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At what point did I seem to be eliciting pity from anyone, you dumb shit?

If anything, I've completely owned up on my teams behalf to their horrendous performance, and have given nothing but completely just due props to Seattle for romping us. Yes, I've vented my frustration a bit (obviously in someway that has upset your vag), but I think all of us are entitled to do that.....regardless of what you fucking think :finger:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tissue? I'd never offer them tissue! Toilet paper seems a better offering.

LOL....never seen an avatar that fit the bill so well. Preach on genius!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were punched in the mouth, and never responded. Simple as that.

Were we unprepared? Apparently.......

But, the biggest thing I took away from that game (aside from the major case of foot in mouth disease) was the fact that this football team MUST get bigger and stronger at the point of attack on the Defensive side of the ball and they must put more into the run game on Offense.

In Elway I trust.....been that way for 30 years. Ain't gonna change because of 60 minutes of poor football.

Go Broncos!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were punched in the mouth, and never responded. Simple as that.

Were we unprepared? Apparently.......

But, the biggest thing I took away from that game (aside from the major case of foot in mouth disease) was the fact that this football team MUST get bigger and stronger at the point of attack on the Defensive side of the ball and they must put more into the run game on Offense.

In Elway I trust.....been that way for 30 years. Ain't gonna change because of 60 minutes of poor football.

Go Broncos!

We were bigger, on both lines. We just needed to be more physical. That's where Seattle got the better of us.

I have a feeling Elway will address this. We get more physical on offense, and we should be unstoppable. It's up to him to bring in any O-line personnel we need to improve, and up to Manning and Gase to implement. I'm certain the rest of the skill positions (wr, te, rb) can follow suit. Welker historically can get physical, and the Thomas duo have the size to be more imposing as well.

Defense I think is fine if we execute next season like we did after the SD loss. We have some talent on the shelf there that we will be able to use as well. A bit more DB help and I think we're good. We've seen the potential. We just need to see it more consistently.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point did I seem to be eliciting pity from anyone, you dumb shit?

If anything, I've completely owned up on my teams behalf to their horrendous performance, and have given nothing but completely just due props to Seattle for romping us. Yes, I've vented my frustration a bit (obviously in someway that has upset your vag), but I think all of us are entitled to do that.....regardless of what you fucking think :finger:

He is the worst type of fan really. He pretends to not be pissed off when he is. Fans in denial.

I mean look at him.....

Can you tell he is just a bit....off?

:noidea:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were bigger, on both lines. We just needed to be more physical. That's where Seattle got the better of us.

I have a feeling Elway will address this. We get more physical on offense, and we should be unstoppable. It's up to him to bring in any O-line personnel we need to improve, and up to Manning and Gase to implement. I'm certain the rest of the skill positions (wr, te, rb) can follow suit. Welker historically can get physical, and the Thomas duo have the size to be more imposing as well.

Defense I think is fine if we execute next season like we did after the SD loss. We have some talent on the shelf there that we will be able to use as well. A bit more DB help and I think we're good. We've seen the potential. We just need to see it more consistently.

I heard from Broncos fans this year that the offense was unstoppable.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the worst type of fan really. He pretends to not be pissed off when he is. Fans in denial.

I mean look at him.....

Can you tell he is just a bit....off?

:noidea:

Who said I was not pissed off that the team played like crap? Unlike you guys though, I understand what a waste of time it is to sit here and piss and moan about the would off, should off, and could off and instead have already started looking at what I hope the team will do in the future to try and prevent it from happening again. To be perfectly honest and I hope Doc understands, but I am trolling him a bit

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were bigger, on both lines. We just needed to be more physical.

True...I guess I meant, Nastier and Stronger........for a group of guys who were bigger on paper, our O-line sure seemed to play small and on their heels the whole game.