• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch v Cardinals - bench time?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good will Lynch and the Seahawks be at home vs the NFL's #1 ranked rush defense?
Cardinals have been stout all year, only allowing 1 RB to go over 100yds, and that was Gore in wk 6, and he had 101yds. My PPR league gives bonuses for 100, 150, 200yds for rushing and receiving.

Possible substitutes:

Z Stacy v TB - high volume back in a tough D matchup, same as Lynch. Might as well stick with Lynch here.

J Todman v TEN - TEN has been garbage lately in run D, 4 TDs and almost 300yds given up in the past 2 weeks. Can't even believe that I am thinking this, but I like this matchup with my settings.

Dennis Johnson v DEN - another RB in line to see a lot of touches. Not really considering him
Shane Vereen @ BAL - also not considering him. Can't afford to see a dud in the final week.

Am I crazy to think Todman will outscore Lynch this weekend?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably stick with Lynch. He got you to the title game (if this is your title game).

Seattle is tough to beat at home. It's a divisional game and the Cards are technically in it. I'm guessing that this game should translate into plenty of clock-killing runs a la Lynch.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lynch is matchup proof, especially at home, but no you're not crazy to think Todman can outscore him this week, for reasons you've stated. However, it is a risk I do not think is necessary.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and these are the games Vereen is needed the most, tough opponent, not much downfield, tough to run... dumps and screens are all that you have sometimes.... but still Lynch.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good will Lynch and the Seahawks be at home vs the NFL's #1 ranked rush defense?
Cardinals have been stout all year, only allowing 1 RB to go over 100yds, and that was Gore in wk 6, and he had 101yds. My PPR league gives bonuses for 100, 150, 200yds for rushing and receiving.

Possible substitutes:

Z Stacy v TB - high volume back in a tough D matchup, same as Lynch. Might as well stick with Lynch here.

J Todman v TEN - TEN has been garbage lately in run D, 4 TDs and almost 300yds given up in the past 2 weeks. Can't even believe that I am thinking this, but I like this matchup with my settings.

Dennis Johnson v DEN - another RB in line to see a lot of touches. Not really considering him
Shane Vereen @ BAL - also not considering him. Can't afford to see a dud in the final week.

Am I crazy to think Todman will outscore Lynch this weekend?

It would take balls to do...............and I wouldn't but it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see Todman and get this, Dennis Johnson to be the highest scoring RB's on that list (non-PPR)...............but I'd still chicken out and start Lynch.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lynch 91 yds and td 1st go round only a fool sits him:suds:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Smokin no way as stated abough that you can bench Lynch..if Todman outscores the Beast than so be it

you only mentioned Lynch does that mean he is your number 2 Rb wow nice...

if not Todman can be the flex or no 2

i know he is my number 2 this week i am playing him ahead of S Jax and Stacy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I understand your concerns, SmokingMonkey. The Cardinals have an elite run defense and Lynch has had a low yards per carry average the past few weeks (lackluster run blocking, IMO). Still Lynch has been VERY consistent as a fantasy scorer. He's got double digit points in 9 of his last 11 games. Even when he's having a tough time gaining rushing yards against a team, he seems to almost always find a way to get a lot of fantasy points, such as getting rushing TDs or receiving yards.

It's a tough matchup, but if I owned Lynch on one of my fantasy teams, I'd start him anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a PPR league, this is really close. I think that Vereen, Todman and Stacy all have a great chance to outscore him, and I would even bet that 2 of them do. Since we can't be sure which two that will be, I think you are best to start Lynch.

Vereen is going to be a beast on Sunday though.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maurice Jones-Drew expected to play (8:44 a.m. ET): ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that RB Maurice Jones-Drew (hamstring, questionable) is expected to play for the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 16. This is actually frustrating news to fantasy owners, because it clouds the team's running-back picture when RB Jordan Todman would have been a perfectly adequate RB2 if the only one of the two active. The Florida Times-Union's Hays Carlyon suggested on Friday that Todman would start this week regardless of Jones-Drew's status, so the team's plan at running back remains unclear regardless of Jones-Drew's promising report. It could be a straight split of the chores, which would make the Jaguars a no-go for fantasy.

I would stick with Lynch

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a PPR league, this is really close. I think that Vereen, Todman and Stacy all have a great chance to outscore him, and I would even bet that 2 of them do. Since we can't be sure which two that will be, I think you are best to start Lynch.

Vereen is going to be a beast on Sunday though.

same thing about vereen was said last week Its BB u just never know:suds: