• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch fined once again

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20k for "obscene gesture" Headline writers queing this up for use soon. "Grabbing balls draws larger fine than deflating balls."

But where is the nflpa on all this. They jump to action to defend a wife beater in Rice or a complete menace to society Aldon Smith, but just sit idly by as lynch gets fined every week.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league really has a bug up its ass over Lynch's treatment of the media. His crotch grab this time wasn't like his other one where he did flying through the air. I didn't even know he'd done it until I read about it the next day. When you look at the play again it's still really subtle, almost like he's just adjusting his junk. He brought it on himself though, so he better not get an itchy ding-dong in the SB because if he reaches for the wang region the league will be watching.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he'd stop being so classless after scoring TDs and go back to his classy day job of bursting through defenders who are trying to crush him with every tackle and put him in as much pain as physically possible each and every play.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm pretty sure I read that he skipped out on the media after the NFCCG too. So don't be surprised if they hammer him for that one too. He got that extra $million at the beginning of this season but I think he's burned through half on fines now. lol. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league really has a bug up its ass over Lynch's treatment of the media. His crotch grab this time wasn't like his other one where he did flying through the air. I didn't even know he'd done it until I read about it the next day. When you look at the play again it's still really subtle, almost like he's just adjusting his junk. He brought it on himself though, so he better not get an itchy ding-dong in the SB because if he reaches for the wang region the league will be watching.

I have to agree with this. He brings a lot of this on himself. Yes the rules can seem ridiculous but at the same time he knows what they are. He knows that part of his contract requires him to speak to the media and that he can be fined if he doesn't. So him choosing to not speak forced the NFL's hand. The obscene gesture of grabbing his nuts is just like if a player flipped off the camera or the fans. The NFL has said they will not stand for it.

This is just like any other job in there are rules and standards that you must abide by. IF you are expected to wear a suit to work then show up in blue jeans you can't be too upset if they send you home and you don't get paid for the day. You knew what the standards were.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just dumb. I love Marshawn but he really needs to just do the minimum amount necessary to satisfy the vultures and be done with it. How about he grabs his junk during the press conference and when he scores, he can just grab his ankles.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the whole gold shoes thing.........

NfL said if he wore them they'd kick him out of the game.........I know marshall and even manning wore "non regulation" cleats before without being kicked out..... nfl just hates beast mode....which makes me think even more and more, he retires after this year. which makes me very sad.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch has been trying to make a point.

Star players are disproportionately targeted for their time with interviews compared to every other part of the NFL. And it's 100% so the NFL can make money, and reporters can sell copy.

It's a collectively bargained requirement for players at the moment, but I'm betting that now it will be something the player's union will address this offseason.

So good for Lynch for getting that in motion.

He's made his point, so now it's time to move along for him him. If it doesn't work, at least he tried.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the whole gold shoes thing.........

NfL said if he wore them they'd kick him out of the game.........I know marshall and even manning wore "non regulation" cleats before without being kicked out..... nfl just hates beast mode....which makes me think even more and more, he retires after this year. which makes me very sad.

I think the difference being, he mentioned wearing them prior to the game and the NFL said "don't". He was forewarned. Correct me if I am wrong, but other instances had the player wearing the gear without word getting out prior to the game.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star players are disproportionately targeted for their time with interviews compared to every other part of the NFL. And it's 100% so the NFL can make money, and reporters can sell copy.

All players are held to the same rule. It should not be the fault of the 3rd string guard that the media does not want to talk about how they rode that bench like a pro. They make themselves available like the stars.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch knows the rules of his job and flouts them. It is no different than Joe Average working any other job. There will be parts of it you don't like and rules you have to comply with.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All players are held to the same rule...

Yet a tiny percentage are the ones called upon to do it.

Whether it's acceptable or not is something for the players union and the league to discuss and bargain.

I honestly don't care one way or the other, but media commitment language in contracts is an ongoing issue for most sports.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it makes no sense for these guys not to do media commitments. How these guys make their money is through the NFL that can only pay these guys if they are making money. A big way they make money is by getting the stars in front of the camera. By Lynch refusing to do his media commitment he is only hurting himself and especially all other players in how much they can possibly make. The more money the league makes the bigger the chunk the players make. it is pretty darn simple math. If anything the other players should be pissed at Lynch for being such a jack ass about the thing. How hard is it to go before a camera and answer a few questions? I know he is not a public speaker but at the same time when he can go on tv and be in an episode of "The League" and do just fine I have a hard time thinking he can't be before cameras and be just fine. Now if he had a mental disorder then I would have no problem with him being excused but he just doesn't like the media.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm somewhere between it being funny and just being stupid that he continues to do it.

The media thing is something that greatly annoys me though

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't care one way or the other, but media commitment language in contracts is an ongoing issue for most sports.

I would have no issue with them changing the rules. I can't stand 95% of player interviews anyways. You either get to hear a poor public speaker or a ton of cliches with little real substance.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it makes no sense for these guys not to do media commitments. How these guys make their money is through the NFL that can only pay these guys if they are making money. A big way they make money is by getting the stars in front of the camera. By Lynch refusing to do his media commitment he is only hurting himself and especially all other players in how much they can possibly make. The more money the league makes the bigger the chunk the players make. it is pretty darn simple math. If anything the other players should be pissed at Lynch for being such a jack ass about the thing. How hard is it to go before a camera and answer a few questions? I know he is not a public speaker but at the same time when he can go on tv and be in an episode of "The League" and do just fine I have a hard time thinking he can't be before cameras and be just fine. Now if he had a mental disorder then I would have no problem with him being excused but he just doesn't like the media.

If you look across all sports at players getting fed up with media commitment language, it's always over money deep down.

I think what players generally think is that they should get some direct compensation for it rather than just trust the trickle down ends up proportionate compared to what the NFL and multi-billion dollar publications make from the hours of unfettered access they get to players before and after games.

I have little sympathy for any of them since they're all absurdly rich for throwing and chasing after little balls on tv. But if I were a player, I might have the same point of view.

No matter what, there's a time and a place for it. Lynch has made his point in every way he can. Time to move along, and if it does indeed get addressed at the next bargaining session, then good.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why he didn't get suspended this time after the other violations and just being fined for this and the media thing.....The guy is acting like he has the IQ of a water bug.
I said before someone in authority in that organization needs to lay the law down to him in a way he can understand......Money, money, money and then more money until he is working for a bag of Skittles....I bet he'd get it right then....:nod:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it! Its his money and willing to give up fines for rules he hate, then so be it. As long as it's not messing with the team, Im fine with it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is that he has been warned and fined for this before ..

It's almost like a repeat of ochocinco but a lot less show. Almost the same situation two players ignoring fines and making a statement. But Chad just wanted attention and Lynch may have a grudge IMO. The thing I don't get is that same gesture occurs all the time in baseball but is not talked about by the media or a addressed by the league. Makes you wonder how obscene they really think it is or how much of it is done out because of Lynch's defiance to goodell and the media.. Did anything come if Brady's F bombs other than brady saying it's an emotional game that those things happen . IMO all players should be held to the same standard when a precedent is set that defines the rule. If they are not treated equally the nflpa should automatically step in