• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lucky matchups...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As the PO's are today, the sharks are actually extremely lucky. In terms of points per game, the sharks are 6th, ahead of chicago. They would play Phoenix is the first round and avoid all of vancouver, detroit, chicago, and even STL and NAS that have owned the sharks. While Phoenix is not a pushover, it is clearly the weakest of the top 5 teams in the conference and the sharks would actually have a rather easy ride into the 2nd round.

Strangely enough, all of these struggles may not come back to bite the sharks in the 1st round. Of course, a ton can change in 18 games, so it's kinda useless to look now, but I was just feeling a slight twinge of optimism since an easier first round opponent definitely helps and I'm pretty sure it would be 4 or 5 and out against the other 4 teams in the top 5.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about it, there's still a lot of hockey left to be played. In all honesty, with all the talent on the team the Sharks should win the division and get the third seed. It's very possible they could end up playing Ponicks or LA in that spot (I really don't think Dallas can keep up their current play). The Sharks could end up playing Chicago as well. All 3 are teams the Sharks have the talent to beat in the playoffs, but you could say that about most of the teams they've played recently and yet they're collectively falling flat on their faces. As I said in the Wild thread, there's something not right about this team. They need to get these issues figured out, then we can worry about playoff matchups. IMO

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only team they want to avoid in the first round is the Cannucks, all others are very beatable