• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck using the company Plane

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going against there salary cap. Nothing wrong with it to me.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wont. The Cowboys and Redskins have been doing this for years.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt go against there cap and today the league said that they couldnt let him use the plane

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule seems intrusive on the surface but it makes sense from a slippery slope perspective. I can see connection between the rule and the "gift" and it seems as though the league could apply the rule in this case, whether it will is another question.

If can avoid applying the rule without setting a precedent then they will - if not, the rule will be enforced or the league will send Mr. Irsay a polite "knock that shit off" correspondence.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The rule seems intrusive on the surface but it makes sense from a slippery slope perspective.

Fair, but that's why you have to judge each situation on its own merit. I hardly think this can be classified as a gift, this is business purposes....it would be different if he were flying to Hawaii or something. Does this mean he can't even charge his air travel to the team? Hard to believe.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but that's why you have to judge each situation on its own merit. I hardly think this can be classified as a gift, this is business purposes....it would be different if he were flying to Hawaii or something. Does this mean he can't even charge his air travel to the team? Hard to believe.

I hear what your sayin and I don't necessarily disagree, I just understand why the rule is the way it is. Making exceptions to any rule is a risky proposition but making exceptions for contractual terms is a Pandora’s Box you don't want to go anywhere near - no matter how much sense the exception might seem to make.

Sometimes in order to insure the rules cover the critical they also have to cover the mundane.