• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOWELL COHN: Harbarugh is an 11 year old

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I stopped reading after it became clear the guy was trying to get a reaction from Harbaugh by continuing to push for an answer.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what they say in the world of journalism. "When you have nothing to write about - write about nothing."

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've read articles from Grant and Lowell Cohn. I don't know what their relation is, but I'm assuming horrible writing runs in the family.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I listened to the interview on KNBR and I thought that comment about "we were a well-coached team" was pretty odd. In fact I thought I must have misheard him. I guess not from reading the article you posted. I think Harbaugh acts petulant and childish at times too but I think that is because he has disdain for the press. As long as he keeps winning I don't care if he offends the writers..........or Jim Schwartz

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I listened to the interview on KNBR and I thought that comment about "we were a well-coached team" was pretty odd. In fact I thought I must have misheard him. I guess not from reading the article you posted. I think Harbaugh acts petulant and childish at times too but I think that is because he has disdain for the press. As long as he keeps winning I don't care if he offends the writers..........or Jim Schwartz

Gotta rep that one!...Funnay as hell!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not going to waste my team reading his garbage. Lowest Clown is a 10 year old

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That quote right there speaks volumes to me. I could be reading him wrong but it seems like a slight dis on the players.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That quote right there speaks volumes to me. I could be reading him wrong but it seems like a slight dis on the players.

How so...?

You'd be better off saying that it was a slight dis on Nolan and Singletary.

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How so...?

You'd be better off saying that it was a slight dis on Nolan and Singletary.

Maybe...

But he never says the team played the best they could've. He just says that they were a well-coached team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...

But he never says the team played the best they could've. He just says that they were a well-coached team.

Are you suggesting that Harbaugh threw his players under the bus?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe...

Watching the interview I took the comment as being directed at his coaches rather than himself

Here is the transcript (minus the 'ums' and 'ahs')

Q:
"Jim what do/did you learn from yesterday" [Sunday]

A:
"I’ve said so often how proud I was of this team. I thought they played their hearts out. I thought we were a well coached team, and [I'm] very proud of our guys; they stand toe-to-toe every time they go out on the field. [The game] didn't have the ending that we wanted, the football Gods had a different ending in mind for this ballgame, but I'll be forever proud of our players and coaches for the way they compete."

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What other way do you see it?

Praise for his coaches?

About the article: There are few things less interesting than articles about sports columnist that are written by the subject. No one gives a shit how you feel Lowell.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fact that Lowell Cohn would accuse anyone of being a child is simply too rich. The guy has the emotional maturity of a two-year-old. You guys remember that rant from a year or two ago? I can't recall the subject....

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fact that Lowell Cohn would accuse anyone of being a child is simply too rich. The guy has the emotional maturity of a two-year-old. You guys remember that rant from a year or two ago? I can't recall the subject....

The one with Singletary? If that is the one, then yes, I remember it - Either way, your post is spot-on!

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Praise for his coaches?

About the article: There are few things less interesting than articles about sports columnist that are written by the subject. No one gives a shit how you feel Lowell.

You're prob right

9er4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watching the interview I took the comment as being directed at his coaches rather than himself

Here is the transcript (minus the 'ums' and 'ahs')

Q:
"Jim what do/did you learn from yesterday" [Sunday]

A:
"I’ve said so often how proud I was of this team. I thought they played their hearts out. I thought we were a well coached team, and [I'm] very proud of our guys; they stand toe-to-toe every time they go out on the field. [The game] didn't have the ending that we wanted, the football Gods had a different ending in mind for this ballgame, but I'll be forever proud of our players and coaches for the way they compete."

I think he's praising his coaches and himself. Nothing wrong with that mind you, I think without him and his staff we were 8-8 at best. I actually like it, says to me that he know he got the best out of what he had but he knows where they need to improve. He's just not going to call specific players out, which is also a good thing about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All year, I've read articles about how Harbaugh has repeatedly refused to throw his players under the bus, even under obvious circumstances (like after the Baltimore game I think he refused to say the o-line didn't play well), and that the players appreciated it because he kept it in house. I guess I would be surprised if he really meant the quote as a slam on the players given his past conduct. What matters to me is that his players want to play hard for him and are committed to the team, and in the aftermath of this crushing loss it seems like the team is holding together, even if he is an 11 year old, he's an 11 year old that can both motivate his players, get his players to like and respect him, and is creative -- so fucking what LOWELL?