• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Losses are becoming suspicious

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense sucks for more or less understandable reasons.
The special teams haven't been that bad. They are not the culprit.
The defensive line is doing just fine.
But the secondary - the secondary is where the 4th quarter meltdowns are coming from.

Earl: "I have $300,000 invested in Fan Duel is week. I'll win if Olsen gets about 9 more points."
Richard: "Hey, looks like he's coming over the middle. Let's both just look the other way and let him pass on through."
Earl: "Sounds good, brah."

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually clicked on this thread thinking that there was a chance there'd be something interesting to read.

Nope.

Oh well.

I agree there's something 'suspicious' going on, but it has nothing to do with conspiracy bullshvt.

What has played out to me, is the body language this season from the players, particularly the defense. I remember reading the glowing article from SI how the team went to Hawaii and ironed out all their personality difficulties standing on the edge of a cliff.

But that it took till the last day to do it.

I'm now suspecting that there's some issues that have never been resolved. This team if FULL of large personalities. I'm thinking that some of them are clashing behind the scenes, but nobody is going outside the room to talk yet.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually clicked on this thread thinking that there was a chance there'd be something interesting to read.

Nope.

Oh well.

I agree there's something 'suspicious' going on, but it has nothing to do with conspiracy bullshvt.

What has played out to me, is the body language this season from the players, particularly the defense. I remember reading the glowing article from SI how the team went to Hawaii and ironed out all their personality difficulties standing on the edge of a cliff.

But that it took till the last day to do it.

I'm now suspecting that there's some issues that have never been resolved. This team if FULL of large personalities. I'm thinking that some of them are clashing behind the scenes, but nobody is going outside the room to talk yet.

So you think there was nothing interesting to read but you left a 6-paragraph response anyway? You are either a glutton for punishment or love to hear yourself talk.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with players playing fantasy football so long as they bet on themselves. Earl Thomas should have the Seattle defense on his fantasy team.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the other players are mad cause Chancellor didn't get paid? Football players usually suck at math and have no clue about salary caps. I am at the point where the next player that asks for more money gets immediately traded! Any player. If you drop a wing assembly from a crane up there in Everett, are you going to tell your boss you had a communication error? You would be fired.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think there was nothing interesting to read but you left a 6-paragraph response anyway? You are either a glutton for punishment or love to hear yourself talk.

Apologies, my sarcasm gets the best of me sometimes.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with players playing fantasy football so long as they bet on themselves. Earl Thomas should have the Seattle defense on his fantasy team.
The NFL players (or baseball/basketball/hockey, etc.) could absolutely rake in Fan Duel and Draft Kings if a few of them worked together. The opportunity for corruption there is incredibly high. There is a reason why the FBI and State of Nevada are investigating.

And why shouldn't they? You play in a sport where the average career last 3.5 years, most guys are ridiculously under-paid, you don't have a guaranteed contract, and you are looking at a lifetime of permanent physical and/or mental damage after your career was over. Might as well make a little extra money for your trouble.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, then I read your thread starter on the NFL board. Good grief.

I retract my apology.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL players (or baseball/basketball/hockey, etc.) could absolutely rake in Fan Duel and Draft Kings if a few of them worked together. The opportunity for corruption there is incredibly high. There is a reason why the FBI and State of Nevada are investigating.

And why shouldn't they? You play in a sport where the average career last 3.5 years, most guys are ridiculously under-paid, you don't have a guaranteed contract, and you are looking at a lifetime of permanent physical and/or mental damage after your career was over. Might as well make a little extra money for your trouble.

Disagree for baseball/NFL. Too many players in both of those sports for it to not be absolutely completely 100% obvious in cheating. You'd need half the team to be in on it. Coaches are one thing (since it has happened in baseball).

NBA/NHL... you might have a point here. 5-6 players... one can have a pretty big impact, but again if they were purposely sabotaging a game they'd get pulled/fired/traded pretty quickly.

Feel the only way you can really have this is the coaches in on it. That's where all the major sports scandals have stemmed from. It wasn't some random player creating it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two defensive backs could probably pull it off. One mistake has that much of an impact. And you don't have to hit it 100% of the time just more like 75%.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two defensive backs could probably pull it off. One mistake has that much of an impact. And you don't have to hit it 100% of the time just more like 75%.

E-nut buying into a conspiracy theory. Suuuuurprise, surprise!

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All games are choreographed by the NFL. The Packer loss in Seattle proves that