• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings @ Philadelphia Flyers, 3/24 4:00 PM

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
380px-Los_Angeles_Kings_Logo_(2011).svg.png

AT

380px-Los_Angeles_Kings_Logo_(2011).svg.png

....wait this isn't right.

displaymedia.aspx

There that's better.

Relevant Game Information

This is a tough road trip. The Flyers are playing their best hockey of the season right now.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Kings game in Philly I'm gonna miss in a long time...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think kings can catch Ducks
And i dont think Yotes can catch Kings as long as no one folds

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good one, the Kings were in that slump when the Flyers beat them so hopefully LA returns the favor today and starts a slump for Philadelphia. I will say it's impressive that they have beat St. Louis and Pittsburgh recently, two good teams.

Kings just need to play their game and physically pound these guys, wear them down and take over the game as their system states to do so. Hope Carter and Richards have great games too, seems to always happen to the Kings when former players come to town.

Anyone ever notice it turned out to be the Richards Simmonds trade?

=)~~

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good one, the Kings were in that slump when the Flyers beat them so hopefully LA returns the favor today and starts a slump for Philadelphia. I will say it's impressive that they have beat St. Louis and Pittsburgh recently, two good teams.

Kings just need to play their game and physically pound these guys, wear them down and take over the game as their system states to do so. Hope Carter and Richards have great games too, seems to always happen to the Kings when former players come to town.

Anyone ever notice it turned out to be the Richards Simmonds trade?

=)~~

And the Flyer media insists the Flyers were huge winners in the trade, because Simmer and Schenn have both outscored Richards. Maybe somewhere down the road it'll even out, but, in my eyes, when the Kings won the Cup, it tilted the scale in LA's favor forever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Flyer media insists the Flyers were huge winners in the trade, because Simmer and Schenn have both outscored Richards. Maybe somewhere down the road it'll even out, but, in my eyes, when the Kings won the Cup, it tilted the scale in LA's favor forever.
I have also seen this from Philly commentors, and it explains a lot about their entire culture. They have an exciting team most years because every game is 5-4, but it isn't a model for Playoff success (Unless they play Pittsburgh). Then every year we hear about how if they could just get some good goaltending, then they could make a run. Well, they had Bobrovsky, and traded him away, one year before he goes on to win the Vezina. You can trace their goaltending woes back to the early to mid 90's, and nothing has really changed with their whole culture. They overvalue goals and don't ever seem to notice that their guys score goals because there is so much more open ice (For their opponents too). It is what it is and talk is cheap. A 40 goal scorer for Philly needs to have a prorated analysis when compared to a Western team, and more specifically, a Western team with an emphasis on defense.

To me, this is the Ovechkin model, where he is going to score at or close to 60 goals, but heading into that LA game Thursday, he was at almost -30 in +/- on the year (Jack MoFo Johnson anyone?). So it depends on what you want. I like Ovechkin, and wish he would do the little things to win, but he hasn't to this point in his career (Olmpics/Playoffs), and he probably won't.

A guy like Richards has an entirely different impact on the game, and when it comes time to do the little things to win, he is going to be there more often than an Ovechkin. This isn't going to show on the score sheet all of the time, but it will be measured in overall team success.

The Kings probably would have still lost to Chicago last year, but with Richards going down at the end of Game 1, the Kings had trouble adjusting without him in Games 2-4. This team has won 6 Playoff series in the past two years since he arrived and though he isn't the only factor, you can't really argue that the Kings haven't benefited from the Simmonds/Schenn/1st trade more than Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Florida game, but watching the highlights they said Brown left in the second period. What happened/what is his status (Is it related to his previous issue with missing two games)?

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Brown is in, though Sutter wouldn't say for sure, per Kings Insider

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the Florida game, but watching the highlights they said Brown left in the second period. What happened/what is his status (Is it related to his previous issue with missing two games)?

Brown tried to hit a Panther player and the guy turned his shoulder into Brown's chest. Bruised but no ribs hurt. They held him out to make sure no broken ribs

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It rhymes with "cruised ----

Ok, I'll be nice

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CARTER - boo this

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boo

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we're gonna have an all out tizzy coming:lm:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why be mad at the referees, be mad at the numbskull that can't hit an empty net.. :lol: