• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Nashville Predators - 10/17/13

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Kopitar. But it's still a dumb way to decide a hockey game.

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

I'll take it

I was shouting glove side I'm glad he heard me :yahoo::rollseyes:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings win it in the shootout! Nice hard earned victory! 3 out of 4 on the road trip!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KopiGoal2.gif

My gawd this goal was absolutely sexy

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he doesn't get credit for it other than the "Shootout Winner" stat. I'm not even sure it counts as a GWG.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not digging these SO wins, reminds of 2010 (?) when the Kings won a ton of SO games and then got killed by Vanloser in the WCQFs. Happened to the Ducks too last season - ton of SO wins allowing them to claim the division and a top 3 seed and they got slammed in the WCQFs.

Not only does it hurt in the standings by inflating points it shows a team can't win in regulation or OT aka playoff hockey. Time to get this ship right and win these things in 65 or less.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have lost 3 and won 1 in regulation. They have 4 OT/SO wins for a total of 10 points but they have given up 10 points to the other teams. Preds players in post game giving credit to Quick. Saying when there are two good goalies on the ice 2-1 overtime games are expected

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not digging these SO wins, reminds of 2010 (?) when the Kings won a ton of SO games and then got killed by Vanloser in the WCQFs. Happened to the Ducks too last season - ton of SO wins allowing them to claim the division and a top 3 seed and they got slammed in the WCQFs.

Not only does it hurt in the standings by inflating points it shows a team can't win in regulation or OT aka playoff hockey. Time to get this ship right and win these things in 65 or less.
It's early in the season, I wouldn't panic - in the month of October, you have to steal some games - if you're stealing games in October instead of March/April that's a good thing because it shows that early on, you might not be playing your best but you are finding ways to win - when these guys get it fully together they won't be in so many OT/SO games

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early in the season, I wouldn't panic - in the month of October, you have to steal some games - if you're stealing games in October instead of March/April that's a good thing because it shows that early on, you might not be playing your best but you are finding ways to win - when these guys get it fully together they won't be in so many OT/SO games

I dont know if we like the new guy. Optimism, logic and a hint of intelligence. We must crush this.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it's only the month of October, I won't be worried about it because I agree, it takes a little while to get everyone on the same page.

The Kings team of 2009-10 and Ducks of 2012-13 however, were very consistent all season long getting SO wins. They never really got on rolls avoiding the SO wins and in the end it bit them. Good teams find ways to win in regulation or OT consistently.

The rule change of 2-3 years ago with having ROWs also affects this, and could be the difference between one spot or another in the playoff bracket creating unfavorable match ups. Fans were stoked to get the Blues last season, I was pissed because they played a very physical style compared to the other seeds the Kings could have drawn. I was one of the few who didn't like the match up, and ultimately I think that is where most of the damage was done before SJ and Chicago.

Hopefully these clowns get it together and start steamrolling like they did during the Cup year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's only the month of October, I won't be worried about it because I agree, it takes a little while to get everyone on the same page.

The Kings team of 2009-10 and Ducks of 2012-13 however, were very consistent all season long getting SO wins. They never really got on rolls avoiding the SO wins and in the end it bit them. Good teams find ways to win in regulation or OT consistently.

The rule change of 2-3 years ago with having ROWs also affects this, and could be the difference between one spot or another in the playoff bracket creating unfavorable match ups. Fans were stoked to get the Blues last season, I was pissed because they played a very physical style compared to the other seeds the Kings could have drawn. I was one of the few who didn't like the match up, and ultimately I think that is where most of the damage was done before SJ and Chicago.

Hopefully these clowns get it together and start steamrolling like they did during the Cup year.
This Kings team is much different than those two teams you mentioned - Kings have a Cup under their belt, this team has experience and has been there in big games

Sure it could affect a spot or whatever it may be come playoff time but look at the Blackhawks right now - they're going through the same thing supposedly right now, a lot of their games are going to OT/SO this season

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kings team is much different than those two teams you mentioned - Kings have a Cup under their belt, this team has experience and has been there in big games

Cup season is over, you're only as good as your last game.

I think a big reason why the team is struggling is actually Penner. Sure, he didn't light it up as much as we wanted him to but he retrieved a lot of pucks against the boards and against big defenders because of his size alone. That created a lot of chances, bought time to get guys in scoring position, etc.

Losing him wasn't that bad of a thing but replacing him with either King or Carcillo was. That LW spot has been a constant pain for LA on and off for years it seems.

Sure it could affect a spot or whatever it may be come playoff time but look at the Blackhawks right now - they're going through the same thing supposedly right now, a lot of their games are going to OT/SO this season

As long as the Kings end up with more ROWs than most teams I'll be happy.