• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Calvin wants Suh in Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate CJ saying that.

But........ Calvin may have to do something to keep himself in Detroit for the entirety of that contract of his.

Really hope Mayhew doesn't kick the can down the road with CJs money. No need to extend or restructure a receiver who's best days are behind him.

Short of just giving money up, I don't see how Calvin can actually help things financially.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money doesn't add up......Wish Suh would pull a Marian Hossa and sign for less to play for Detroit....Funny thing is Hossa left Pittsburgh, signed for less and came to Detroit only to get beat in the Stanley Cup finals by the Penguins.....:L

Still love ya Hossa, Classy move just didn't pan out.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money doesn't add up

:noidea: Not following regarding the money comment. It doesn't add up well for the tag option but there is plenty to sign a new deal

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with smitty. The only thing he can do to help is take a pay cut. I know in the NBA you can take a 10% pay cut but no more. It's what Carlos Boozer was supposed to be doing when they cut him and he signed with Utah. I'm not sure how that works in the NFL though, if there's a limit.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin is willing to take a little less then that will surely help. Maybe he is realizing that he is starting to lose a step and should not be making what he will be in the coming years. He will still be one of the top 3 WRs (or even the top) in the league next year or 2, but beyond that he will start to fall behind most likely.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin is willing to take a little less then that will surely help. Maybe he is realizing that he is starting to lose a step and should not be making what he will be in the coming years. He will still be one of the top 3 WRs (or even the top) in the league next year or 2, but beyond that he will start to fall behind most likely.

Calvin is starting to lose a step already?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson - WR - Lions
Calvin Johnson will not need offseason surgery.

It's good news for Megatron, who underwent finger and ankle surgery last offseason. Turning 30 next September, Johnson should have at least 1-2 year left of top-end wide receiver play. "Feeling good," Johnson said on Saturday. "Coming along. I'm not 100 (percent) yet, but that's what the offseason's for, to get right. So reload and get ready for next year."

Source: Detroit Free Press
Feb 1 - 1:24 PM

No Frieken way this is a coincidence. I posted almost the exact same thing early this morning and then a few hours later it is on Roto.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but you'll always have the "CJ homerism's" commenting on how we can't get anywhere without Calvin. Maybe Stafford would become better qb by not having CJ. He still looks CJ's way 1st and will throw to CJ when he's covered by two and yet Tate or Fuller is wide the fuck open, at times...

Seattle has now been to the SuperBowl two years in a row without any WR in CJ's class.

I've also stated in here regarding certain topics this board has talked about and lo-and-behold here comes a article by some sports writer/media outlet, using different verbiage, but still saying pretty much the same... amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but you'll always have the "CJ homerism's" commenting on how we can't get anywhere without Calvin. Maybe Stafford would become better qb by not having CJ. He still looks CJ's way 1st and will throw to CJ when he's covered by two and yet Tate or Fuller is wide the fuck open, at times...

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

I've seen plenty of Stafford when Johnson doesn't suit up. It isn't pretty at all!!!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tate did pretty damn well, along with Fuller, when CJ was out for 3 games this year and the other 2 games were CJ was nothing more than a decoy, at best.

you knew I might be referring to u, huh ? (1 of the CJ homer's).. nothing personal by/from me..

see, you had to have 3 what dufuq's.... not just 1

and how is it that Russell Wilson gets by with receivers like Baldwin, Kearse, Walters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tate did pretty damn well, along with Fuller, when CJ was out for 3 games this year and the other 2 games were CJ was nothing more than a decoy, at best.

you knew I might be referring to u, huh ? (1 of the CJ homer's).. nothing personal by/from me..

and how is it that Russell Wilson gets by with receivers like Baldwin, Kearse, Walters

Wilson gets by Helfet and Luke Wilson.......:suds: You, know, those two stud TEs.....

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe amend to "I'll do whatever...except give up total money." If he'd renegotiate his contract to remove dollars from the total value (a la Brady), I'd have even more respect for him, but almost nobody does.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
touche', Muzz

well we currently have 3 stud TE's who are either injured, can't block or have the dropsies

I'm pretty sure Wilson has completed 2 or 3 passes this year to that no-name receiver corps tho

but yeah, you hit the nail with the sledge hammer on his TE's

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson gets by Helfet and Luke Wilson.......:suds: You, know, those two stud TEs.....

Good luck to you and your Sqwuaks today muzz.

But Im still annoyed you brought up Marian Hossa. The Two Time Stanley Cup winning Blackhawk.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you and your Sqwuaks today muzz.

But Im still annoyed you brought up Marian Hossa. The Two Time Stanley Cup winning Blackhawk.
Hossa took less to play for Detroit and a chance to win a stanley cup.....I can respect that. Don't like the fact he won two with the Blackhawks, but respect guys that for championships.

I can't lose today......Seahawks win I'm happy, The Pats win, Tom terrific (Michigan man) gets his fourth.

Betting on the Pats, rooting for the Hawks!!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think New England will test Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor early to find out if they are timid to make contact.....We should know by the second quarter if the DBs are healthy.....I fear that they are not.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I don't take anything personal on these boards. What's the point?

I put three of those faces because the face makes me laugh every time I see it. The more the merrier.

The reason Wilson gets by with scrubs because the guy is flat out untouchable when rushers come in to tackle him (as evidenced by last night) , he creates a second and third pocket. Doesn't matter who the CB is. They can't cover for 5-10 or even 15 seconds.

He is a unique situation. The QB can be highly elusive and create more time for the receivers to get open or be highly accurate to hit tinier windows such as Aaron Rodgers and give his receivers the best likely chance to break tackles/evade defenders for more YAC.

Stafford falls into neither category. Stafford wins strictly on arm strength alone which will sometimes give defenders extra time to juke or make moves. Stafford needs big receivers with a large catch radius or guys who can create separation quickly. Once his pocket collapses, it's over.