• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking the bright side (2015 schedule)..

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..So long as Seattle & Green Bay win their divisions next weekend (likely), we wont have to play them next year. No SF either.

HOME
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Miami
Arizona

Dallas
NYG
Washington

AWAY
Atlanta
Carolina
New England
NY Jets
Detroit

Dallas
NYG
Washington

Much easier schedule in 2015...makes me feel a little better but this still sucks balls. Ugh. What a collapse.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there is no bright side, just a side. Hell we cant even look forward to the Phillies. Damn!

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This collapse isnt even what pisses me off the most.

Passing on Russell Wilson will absolutely haunt the Eagles for the foreseeable future. Only until we find our franchise QB will we be able to live that one down but only if he can win at least 1 SB.

In the meantime..the Hawks are going to be a dynasty, ala the Jimmy Johnson Cowgirls. They are going to win at least 3 SBs with that QB/D. No doubt about it.

Sickening. Thanks Howie or whoever the hell thought it was a good idea to build our draft around getting him & then not using one of TWO 2nd rd. picks on that dude. Unforgivable in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat they didnt pass on Russell Wilson, he was not deemed a 2nd round pick by every team in football. He never made it to the Eagles 3rd round pick. He actually was graded a 4th rounder going into the draft based on his size. He has far exceeded what most thought he would be. He did wind up in a great situation in Seattle. I am not so sure that he would have had the success he has had in the league playing or any other team.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at passing on Wilson. Where was this post 5 weeks ago? While Wilson has looked ok and they're winning I would have freaked out if they took a 6' run around QB in that draft.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea..they did pass on Wilson in the 2nd rd. They were dumb as well as all the rest of the NFL but when you build your draft around a guy...YOU NEED TO GET THAT GUY! We didnt because we got cute & thought we could get him in rd. 3.

Where was this post before? Ive been posting that we made a huge error not selecting Wilson way before this. If ya dont think he would be perfect in Chips O (probably the best in the NFL save Aaron Rodgers for Chips O), you havent been paying attention.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid passed on Wilson in the 2nd. He wanted to trade for Kap but missed that too.
Howie always takes the rap, but Chip and Reid and most other coaches have the final say. Not the GM. It is different in SF, and that's why Harbaugh got into it with Baalke, and the two hate each other.
Howie always takes the fall, but Andy/Chip make the call.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie decides where players should be picked. He also gives the HC a "short list" of guys who should fit the current systems. Even Chip has said that & I think Howie did the same for Reid. The HC cant do everything.

It was Howie IMO. Now, should Reid have just stepped on his toes and picked Wilson? Who knows..maybe by then he didnt have the same amount of power. I mean the Eagles got rid of him after the season, so Im sure he lost some power before he was fired.

Foles doesnt fit the WCO or Chips O. So...who really wanted him?

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really fault them for that one. It's pretty good hindsight to say they passed on him, but a 3rd round QB isn't exactly a stud in the making 9 times out of 10.

Now, passing on Earl Thomas, that one you can rip them for and is still haunting this franchise.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid picked Graham, not Howie.
Howie took the fall for Watkins, but I think it was Reid, and Howie wanted to deflect the blame.
Besides, Howie doesn't know how to scout. that's what Gamble and the staff does/did. Before Gamble, it was Grigson. They collectively come to a consensus, but the coach has the final vote.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Wilson ... had him in several of my Mocks that year. That being said I had him in Rd 3 or 4 as I don't ever remember him being projected earlier than that.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care for beating up on bad teams. I want a top team that can beat other top teams. Our Eagles team in recent years has not proven to do that.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see at least 8 losses with that schedule. Could win a unexpected game but then we always will drop one we were expecting to win. Could see the team dropping games to the Saints, Bills, Cardinals, Dolphins, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Patriots and Lions. As we saw this weekend we could drop a game to a team like the Redskins.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bright side...

Had the Eagles beat the Skins, there was a decent chance the Skins could have wound up with the #1 overall pick. :doh:
Mariota to Desean in the Division on another team would have probably driven Chip to drink...heavily.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Bridgewater this year is what will really come back to haunt the Eagles.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on Bridgewater this year is what will really come back to haunt the Eagles.

Absolutely. I was pimping Bridgewater bigtime last year. Kid could be a star if he played on a team with a decent offensive scheme.