• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOOKING BACK ON 2012 DRAFT

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that 2 full seasons have gone by, it would be fair to assess the 2012 draft - and it obviously was not Baalke's best one with AJ Jenkins obviously being the biggest reason why...That year I really wanted them to take either Coby Fleener or Rueben Randle...and now that I REALLY look back, Alshon Jefferey was available too! Ughhh!..In 2013, I was hoping for WR Terrance Williams out of Baylor in Rd 3 but the Cowboys took him...We definitely need a deep threat at wideout!...Back to the 2012 draft, Rd 2 we took LaMichael James. He obviously has not gotten much playing time with a crowded backfield, but might that finally change next year? Gore may be on his way out, but then there is Lattimore. Hunter is a change of pace back...I mean it kinda sucks to draft someone so high and rarerly use him. He has provided a spark in the KR game, but you expect more from a second round pick. He played well last year when he backed up Gore late in the season. The lack of production is on the coaches in my opinion for not using him - although Baalke and Harbaugh both stated that James was drafted with an eye toward the future, we'll see....And the other player I want to address is G Joe Looney...Kid definitely has potential and I thought he played well against the Rams at RG when Boone moved to LT to replace Staley...Maybe he has a great offseason and starts to show his potential more and more and negates the need to extend Iupati..We'll see...So, James and Looney may still be worth it, I think so!...But that AJ Jenkins pick just HURTS!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good, lets just go trade all our picks for Sammy Watkins and put him in the slot with Crabs and Boldin

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good, lets just go trade all our picks for Sammy Watkins and put him in the slot with Crabs and Boldin

I seriously doubt Baalke does that considering we have other needs like upgrading the CB position and maybe more deph at OL.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That draft has killed us. We felt the affects of it more this year and will feel it even more next year.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt Baalke does that considering we have other needs like upgrading the CB position and maybe more deph at OL.

I know, I was being sarcastic, however Watkins is a cant miss player in this draft

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft has killed us. We felt the affects of it more this year and will feel it even more next year.

Well, if we upgrade this offseason and find a vertical threat we wont feel it anymore...Lets hope so! That would make Boldin a slot receiver and that would be awesome!

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I was being sarcastic, however Watkins is a cant miss player in this draft

Agreed. Also need to upgrade CB. That 4th and 7 TD to Kearse was unacceptable! Need a lockdown CB...Rogers will probably be cut, and T-Brown will test the market and probably sign elsewhere...I like Brock and Culliver, but neither is a lockdown. And then there is Whitner - if he asks for too much money he walks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Watkins gonna get off the press from Sherman and Maxwell? Is he gonna high point the ball better than Sherman? We need a freak of nature monstrosity at WR. Huge, tall, strong, leaper that can run. I'm suddenly more intrigued by Benjamin and his combine performance.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Watkins gonna get off the press from Sherman and Maxwell? Is he gonna high point the ball better than Sherman? We need a freak of nature monstrosity at WR. Huge, tall, strong, leaper that can run. I'm suddenly more intrigued by Benjamin and his combine performance.

I believed and still do that we should've traded a 2nd rounder to the Browns for Josh Gordon. The dude is an absolute beast! 6-5 230 lbs, deceptive speed, just a monster! Oh well.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jeffery had some off field stuff going on that scared away a lot of GM's, which is why he slipped. Can't really blame a GM for taking the safe play and skip him. Jenkins on the other hand....I've got nothing

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins reminded me Rashaun Woods all over again. That really hurt. Seattle's corners are so physical that none of our receivers can't get any separation. Jeffrey was thought to be out of shape and so Niners played it safe and drafted Jenkins. Almost no production from your 1st and 2nd round picks from two years ago.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins reminded me Rashaun Woods all over again. That really hurt. Seattle's corners are so physical that none of our receivers can't get any separation. Jeffrey was thought to be out of shape and so Niners played it safe and drafted Jenkins. Almost no production from your 1st and 2nd round picks from two years ago.

I agree....Please dont mention Rashaun Woods, it brings back memories of Terry Donahue LOL....First round busts in all 3 drafts he conducted: Mike Rumph, Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods...Good grief!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Check out Texas A&M Mike Evans. Much better and would match up extremely well with Sherman.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....Please dont mention Rashaun Woods, it brings back memories of Terry Donahue LOL....First round busts in all 3 drafts he conducted: Mike Rumph, Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods...Good grief!

At least he was consistent! Consistently Bad!:lol: I think his motto was "I can be bad all by myself!"

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jefferey was available too!

At the time I was hoping to God Baalke didn't pick Alshon because he always looked so F'n slow to me. In hindsight maybe Alshon could have been our Boldin for less money, tho I don't blame Baalke for wanting to nab a speed receiver (except that it had to be Jenkins).

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, our WRs were open ALOT in that game. Kaps progression problems are a bigger problem. We were always blaming the WR's for not getting open, but my eyes have been opened.

I like Evans too. Guys seems to have that 'something'

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he was actually the alcoholic.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, our WRs were open ALOT in that game. Kaps progression problems are a bigger problem. We were always blaming the WR's for not getting open, but my eyes have been opened.

I like Evans too. Guys seems to have that 'something'

Kap is still developing....BUT, Patton was wide open on that last play on the left sideline and he couldve taken it inside the 10 easily for a 1st and goal, with 20 seconds and 2 time outs! Why did he fricken decide to test Richard Sherman at that point in the game is beyond me!...But, we didnt deserve to win anyway. Gace up a 40 yard TD run to Lynch, and a touchdown pass on 4th and 7. Unacceptable.