• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking back at the McCutchen trade ...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Reynolds and Kyle Crick and international bonus slot money traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Andrew McCutchen and cash.

This one is not looking so good for the Giants.

Bryan Reynolds Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Kyle Crick Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Fleeced. Sigh.
Well look who has returned! Glad to see you back (at least for one day). Yeah, Reynolds is looking a lot better than I expected. I think what the Giants got back in return from the Yankees for McCutchen makes it worse. Avelino may make for a useful back up infielder (but got skipped over in favor of Solano a month ago) but Juan dePaula has already been shipped off to Toronto (and isn't looking too good at the moment), along with Alen Hanson and Derek Law, for Kevin Pillar.

So, essentially, over the course of 15 months, the Giants shipped off Bryan Reynolds, Kyle Crick, Alen Hanson, Derek Law and international slot money for Abiatal Avelino and Kevin Pillar. tzill may tell you that the Giants got a steal of a deal.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look who has returned! Glad to see you back (at least for one day). Yeah, Reynolds is looking a lot better than I expected. I think what the Giants got back in return from the Yankees for McCutchen makes it worse. Avelino may make for a useful back up infielder (but got skipped over in favor of Solano a month ago) but Juan dePaula has already been shipped off to Toronto (and isn't looking too good at the moment), along with Alen Hanson and Derek Law, for Kevin Pillar.

So, essentially, over the course of 15 months, the Giants shipped off Bryan Reynolds, Kyle Crick, Alen Hanson, Derek Law and international slot money for Abiatal Avelino and Kevin Pillar. tzill may tell you that the Giants got a steal of a deal.
@tzill - What, I got that wrong?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the rules: whoever ends up with the Jew wins.

:kev:
As much as I'm not impressed with Pillar's bat (which does seem to be getting a bit better recently), the Blue Jays aren't looking any better on their side, at least not yet. Hanson hit horribly with the club and isn't doing any better with their AAA team. Law is getting hit against. DePaula is getting lit in low A ball but is just 21 years old and has time to turn it around.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Hansen was dfa’d and cleared waivers.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Reynolds and Kyle Crick and international bonus slot money traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Andrew McCutchen and cash.

This one is not looking so good for the Giants.

Bryan Reynolds Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Kyle Crick Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Fleeced. Sigh.

Reynolds would never have gotten past San Jose with this regime. Perhaps he might have been promoted to Richmond. But he is way too young to be part of this Giants team, and he's too good a hitter to be here.

This is so tired. Trading young, improving assets for over the hill has been performers. I liked Cutch, and he did OK with the Giants. But in hindsight, not worth the trade.

And at this rate, Reynolds already has more RBI's than Posey will have for the season.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have made crap trades for a the last few years. Only ones I can think of that really worked out in well were Lopez and Pence. Scoot was decent as well, but only for a half season then he never played again.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have made crap trades for a the last few years. Only ones I can think of that really worked out in well were Lopez and Pence. Scoot was decent as well, but only for a half season then he never played again.

He damn near won the pennant for us. He was also an all-star the next year (pretty undeserving TBF). Great trade!

200.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad trades over the last 10 years or so...

Reynolds/Crick 4 McCutchen
Duffy/Fox 4 Moore (this one is actually a dud for both teams so far, but the Rays still have both of their players)

Good/GREAT trades over the last 10 years or so

Alderson 4 Sanchez
Bowker/Martinez 4 Lopez
Joseph/Nate/Rosin 4 Pence
Torres/Ramirez 4 Pagan
Culberson 4 Scutaro
Nunez 4 Anderson/Santos
Durty/Verdugo 4 Melky

Yeah... the Giants have made horrible trades in the last 10 years.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad trades over the last 10 years or so...

Reynolds/Crick 4 McCutchen
Duffy/Fox 4 Moore (this one is actually a dud for both teams so far, but the Rays still have both of their players)

Good/GREAT trades over the last 10 years or so

Alderson 4 Sanchez
Bowker/Martinez 4 Lopez
Joseph/Nate/Rosin 4 Pence
Torres/Ramirez 4 Pagan
Culberson 4 Scutaro
Nunez 4 Anderson/Santos
Durty/Verdugo 4 Melky

Yeah... the Giants have made horrible trades in the last 10 years.

Also, Will Smith for Susac and Bickford

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Will Smith for Susac and Bickford
I remembered that one after I posted. And that one may go down as one of the best of the bunch.

And I know most of us here panned that one at that time. After all, we sent them a top 10 catcher in the game...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered that one after I posted. And that one may go down as one of the best of the bunch.

And I know most of us here panned that one at that time. After all, we sent them a top 10 catcher in the game...

They saw something in Bickford and dipped out of that real quick too.

Kinda makes you think what they saw in him in the first place, though, that wasn't evident shortly after they drafted him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They saw something in Bickford and dipped out of that real quick too.

Kinda makes you think what they saw in him in the first place, though, that wasn't evident shortly after they drafted him.
He pitched well out of the gate. But I think he had/has a bit too much Timmeh in him.