• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Long

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think its time to move Long to LT. I do.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon. What does Long show you its time to move him to LEFT TACKLE? how many guards have made the transition to left tackle from the right side??

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet... let's see what type of Offense they run first. If it's a zone blocking scheme, with play action and moving pocket- I say keep him where he is. Bushrod had a down year- but he's still there for a few more years. And again- WHO replaces him?

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet... let's see what type of Offense they run first. If it's a zone blocking scheme, with play action and moving pocket- I say keep him where he is. Bushrod had a down year- but he's still there for a few more years. And again- WHO replaces him?

well, if your asking who could replace long at G, the 7th pick in the second round should land a quality guard prospect normally.

I'm against it tbh. Rather draft a tackle at 7 and move bushrod to RT than move long.

Long+Bushrod on the right side would be rather nice(Bushrod's contract not being taken into account).

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if your asking who could replace long at G, the 7th pick in the second round should land a quality guard prospect normally.

I'm against it tbh. Rather draft a tackle at 7 and move bushrod to RT than move long.

Long+Bushrod on the right side would be rather nice(Bushrod's contract not being taken into account).

Yeah I like that much better- #7 pick for best OT, Slausen, Center, Long, Bushrod. Would be a better line and a power Right side for running the ball. If anything that #7 pick could start on RT side for a year with leader Long next to him. And flip in a year or two.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our old style of thinking was G was the most important. The new Oline coach will go back to tackles being the most important. And yes I think Long would excel at Tackle.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK noon,,,,,,,so what happen if they takes place and it crashes around the feet of the new regime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK noon,,,,,,,so what happen if they takes place and it crashes around the feet of the new regime
Not sure what you are asking me. But I know out LT sucks and we need to do something. I watched that show the blindside and Sandra Bullock says so too. So it's not just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do not.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are asking me. But I know out LT sucks and we need to do something. I watched that show the blindside and Sandra Bullock says so too. So it's not just me.

What I'm asking you is if you believe this is the right plan of attack what is your plan b? Of course if it fails what harm is it to you? I just don't think it's automate moving Long to left tackle. I could be wrong

C

cubzzzfanincali

The answer to this depends somewhat on who the O coordinator is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to this depends somewhat on who the O coordinator is.
Very true. Most want their best lineman at LT. Krommer wanted his at G. Why would we not want Long to move? I thought that was the plan from day one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm asking you is if you believe this is the right plan of attack what is your plan b? Of course if it fails what harm is it to you? I just don't think it's automate moving Long to left tackle. I could be wrong
I have no plan B. I have no plans at all. Long is our best and that usually means moving to LT. The harm to me is we mess up a good thing, but the upside is we get a dominate LT protecting Cuttys blind side. Our current LT leads the league in giving up QB hurries. Would you feel better with a rook at LT over Long? Is the right thing to groom Long as we did then switch him. IDK but I do know we need a new LT.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Groy can get on the same page, he and long can be beasts in the middle down the road. I expect the stud OT to be taken with the 7th pick, he will win the left side, Bushrod should go to the right. I am not sure Mills foot is ever gonna be right again, Ola was a Trestman carryover from Canada, I doubt he makes the club next year.

We need to start coming up with some steam roller term for the offensive line in this running game.