• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

London Team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I blame them. They're likely to draw more fans in London than they draw in Jacksonville.

Still... putting a team permanently in England is just a really dumb idea and while I get why they want to do it, it won't take long before teams start complaining (particularly division "rivals") and they scrap the idea. Just move the Bills and/or the Jags to Toronto and/or Mexico City and there's your international expansion. One or two games a year in London is enough. The modest boost in popularity gained over there isn't enough of a reason, at least to me, to permanently relocated a team there.

The NFL in Europe will never take hold IMO. It's a novel thing, in a one game type of thing sure they can get some interest, but putting a team there, nah that will never happen.

I hate that the NFL is even trying.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should be forward-thinking about putting a team in London though. Sure, right now it would be a nightmare to put a team overseas because of the massive amounts of travel time. But, as time passes, the "pond" gets smaller and smaller as technology continues to progress. Eventually air travel could speed up exponentially to make it feasible. And when that time comes, the NFL would be wise to already have the market primed and ready to go

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL can not compete against Euro Soccer. The NFL will be lucky to have a half filled stadium on Sunday. European soccer to them is the way we view the NFL. It's just a bad idea all together and I wish Goddell would can this idea.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should be forward-thinking about putting a team in London though. Sure, right now it would be a nightmare to put a team overseas because of the massive amounts of travel time. But, as time passes, the "pond" gets smaller and smaller as technology continues to progress. Eventually air travel could speed up exponentially to make it feasible. And when that time comes, the NFL would be wise to already have the market primed and ready to go

Will technology change time? In order for a team in London to play in primetime the game has to start at what 1 or 2 in the morning? Like I said, let them prove they can actually support something before giving them a team. Sure the league folded, but at least one of those cities or heck even the championship game should've been supported.

The MLS example is also silly because, while not as good as the rest of the world, there is competitive soccer in America. Do not have facts to back up this statement but is there any competitive American football in Europe at all, gradeschool, college, or even rec?

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe with the rejection of the $700 million arena deal for the St. Louis Rams will stir the pot some when it comes putting a team back in LA. The professor JC was talking about the possibility of LA getting their act together to maybe make themselves a viable suitor for some of these teams, especially St. Louis if they cannot come to an agreement on their stadium. I seriously doubt it though since they have not been able to do jack since they move to St. Louis.