• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Minnesota Here

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second I saw the score I came here to check this thread…. Thank you for not disappointing, gentlemen!

(Anyone know who NOW holds the longest OOC cupcake win streak, btw?)
That would be Iowa.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many research dollars did Um pay Bowling Green to play today?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many research dollars did Um pay Bowling Green to play today?

What does UMn's HUGE amount of research dollars have to do with the Athletic Dept?

To a moron like you, nothing I am sure. But when schools start shutting their doors for lack of incoming students, who do you think will survive, the low IQ schools like Oregon or the HIGH IQ schools like Minnesota?

Oregon's cfb program may be able to keep Oregon's athletic program afloat, but what good will that do if the University that supports that athletic department disappears? lol

UMn will probably NEVER disappear. Being a Top Ten Public Research University, it will be one of the last colleges standing if things get crazy.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Universities disappearing???? Holy crap that’s a hell of an argument

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember? Sure wasn't me.

Still lying I see. You also said Minnesota is the cradle of coaches.

Funny stat. Before Bowling Green's upset win yesterday teams that were at least 30 point dogs were 0-60.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still lying I see. You also said Minnesota is the cradle of coaches.

Funny stat. Before Bowling Green's upset win yesterday teams that were at least 30 point dogs were 0-60.

YOU are the one who has been lying. I've called you out several times now and challenged you to provide the post where I supposedly claimed UMn football was equal to Notre Dame football.

And OF COURSE I said Minnesota is the REAL cradle of coaches, because, as far as I can tell, they are!!!

Name me another school with 3 alum who were nominated for the NFL Hall of Fame as coaches, two of whom got inducted,

and who also has 5 alum who got into the cfb Hall of Fame as coaches.

Who has sent at least 17 alum into Pro football as coaches winning at least one Super Bowl, 8 Grey Cup Titles, over two dozen Division Titles,

and who own BOTH the longest unbeaten streak and the longest winning streak in major college football history,

and who owned the #1 spot in Div 2 wins at their retirement and are still #2 now.

The Coaching tree that branches out from Minnesota has many branches, some that produced their own branches, and whose leaves and fruit has been admired or at least respected by many. Such as Bierman to Stoll to Dungy. Bierman to Grant to Dungy. Bierman to Munn to Daugherty, etc..

If we expand into who Minnesota hired as coaches, as Miami of Ohio does, you can add several more Hall of Famers, and winners of Div Titles and Super Bowls.

Fritz Crisler, Lou Holtz, Tad Wieman, Murray Warmath, Henry Williams, Mike Shanahan(sp?), Mike Martz, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU are the one who has been lying. I've called you out several times now and challenged you to provide the post where I supposedly claimed UMn football was equal to Notre Dame football.

And OF COURSE I said Minnesota is the REAL cradle of coaches, because, as far as I can tell, they are!!!

Name me another school with 3 alum who were nominated for the NFL Hall of Fame as coaches, two of whom got inducted,

and who also has 5 alum who got into the cfb Hall of Fame as coaches.

Who has sent at least 17 alum into Pro football as coaches winning at least one Super Bowl, 8 Grey Cup Titles, over two dozen Division Titles,

and who own BOTH the longest unbeaten streak and the longest winning streak in major college football history,

and who owned the #1 spot in Div 2 wins at their retirement and are still #2 now.

The Coaching tree that branches out from Minnesota has many branches, some that produced their own branches, and whose leaves and fruit has been admired or at least respected by many. Such as Bierman to Stoll to Dungy. Bierman to Grant to Dungy. Bierman to Munn to Daugherty, etc..

If we expand into who Minnesota hired as coaches, as Miami of Ohio does, you can add several more Hall of Famers, and winners of Div Titles and Super Bowls.

Fritz Crisler, Lou Holtz, Tad Wieman, Murray Warmath, Henry Williams, Mike Shanahan(sp?), Mike Martz, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Homer-on dumbbell. It's all you do. You also said the fastest man on the planet went to Minnesota. Usain Bolt didn't go to school there. And you're the only person in the country that incorrectly calls Minnesota the cradle of coaches.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer-on dumbbell. It's all you do. You also said the fastest man on the planet went to Minnesota. Usain Bolt didn't go to school there. And you're the only person in the country that incorrectly calls Minnesota the cradle of coaches.
hmmm....

Minnesota is the cradle of coaches!!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Stapp, look him up yourself. Educate yourself. And remember to thank UMn the next time you click on your seatbelt.

And there is nothing incorrect about calling Minnesota the Cradle of Coaches.

UMn's list of coaches is longer and has far more winners on it than Miami of Ohio's list. I've already gone around in circles with a Miami of Ohio fb fan about this. He gave me the most extensive list anyone could probably find as to who all could be included on Miami of Ohio's list and I compared them to UMn's list and UMn's list is more impressive. Simple as that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Minnesota college.......? ........... OH YEAH those football guys!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Stapp, look him up yourself. Educate yourself. And remember to thank UMn the next time you click on your seatbelt.

And there is nothing incorrect about calling Minnesota the Cradle of Coaches.

UMn's list of coaches is longer and has far more winners on it than Miami of Ohio's list. I've already gone around in circles with a Miami of Ohio fb fan about this. He gave me the most extensive list anyone could probably find as to who all could be included on Miami of Ohio's list and I compared them to UMn's list and UMn's list is more impressive. Simple as that.

Interesting. Why is it when I typed in- what school is known as the cradle of coaches Miami of (OH.) is mentioned and not Minnesota? You're such a stupid homer. Although it's funny you told me to -educate myself- when in fact you're completely wrong in calling Minnesota the cradle of coaches.

An article for you.

Miami University in Ohio trademarks 'cradle of coaches' phrase

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Why is it when I typed in- what school is known as the cradle of coaches Miami of (OH.) is mentioned and not Minnesota? You're such a stupid homer. Although it's funny you told me to -educate myself- when in fact you're completely wrong in calling Minnesota the cradle of coaches.

An article for you.

Miami University in Ohio trademarks 'cradle of coaches' phrase

Miami of Ohio is "known: as the cradle of coaches, obviously, because they weren't producing Natl Championship, much less Top 20 ranking level college football teams and had become the classic stepping stone school for up and coming coaches wanting to learn how to walk, in a sense.

Minnesota wasn't focused on what's it's former players were doing after leaving the school since the school itself was dominating cfb, even if only off and on. They had a few good years in the 50s where Minnesota was ranked in the Top 20 rankings right with it's offspring Bud Wilkinson and Biggie Munn and later Milt Bruhn at Wisconsin had some good seasons while UMn did as well.

So by the time Miami of Ohio chose to label themselves The Cradle of Coaches, schools like Notre Dame and Minnesota and a few others who could have challenged their claim, didn't care enough about being able to make that claim. They may have even felt sorry for little ole Miami of Ohio, the school that can never keep a decent coach as they always get snatched up by bigger and better programs.

But Miami of Ohio is one of the "Public Ivies", so they have a few smart peeps there who were aware enough that in today's day and age where football money is so big so any kind of advantage a school can gain to attract attention from recruits and/or donors, etc., they take advantage of, so they were smart enough to get that phrase "Cradle of Coaches" trademarked. And when I make any money from the use of that title in reference to Minnesota, I'll let you know and you can contact Miami of Ohio so that they can come and try to take it from me. lol

And labeling alone doesn't translate into fact or truth.

Antifa calling themselves Anti-Fascists doesn't make them anti-fascist, their actions and philosophy would, if their actions and philosophy weren't in fact very fascist like.

Mormon's calling themselves the Church of Jesus Christ's Latter day saints doesn't make them the Church of Jesus Christ, or themselves saints, either.

So Miami of Ohio can call themselves whatever they want, but they NEVER WERE, and never will be, the #1 producer of coaches in general, winning coaches, and/or hall of fame coaches or however you want to figure it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Miami of Ohio guys who end up coaching in the NFL have losing records. Even one of their Hall of Famers, who got in seemingly just because he coached Joe Namath? if I remember correctly, he's one of the very few coaches with losing records who somehow got inducted into the Hall of Fame.

And Miami of Ohio claims guys they just paid to come there and coach a few years before moving on or up, too. So if that is the standard, then Minnesota can claim several Hall of Famers it's had coach there, too. Lou Holtz, Fritz Crisler, Henry Williams, etc..

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Miami of Ohio guys who end up coaching in the NFL have losing records. Even one of their Hall of Famers, who got in seemingly just because he coached Joe Namath? if I remember correctly, he's one of the very few coaches with losing records who somehow got inducted into the Hall of Fame.

And Miami of Ohio claims guys they just paid to come there and coach a few years before moving on or up, too. So if that is the standard, then Minnesota can claim several Hall of Famers it's had coach there, too. Lou Holtz, Fritz Crisler, Henry Williams, etc..

Who are people from University of Minnesota coaching in the NFL now?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are people from University of Minnesota coaching in the NFL now?

Producing 14+ pro football coaches not enough for you? lol

We've got something like 1-3 former Gophers coaching NBA teams right now.

Just a few years back UMn was the only school in the nation with alum coaching in ALL 4 of the Major League sports at the same time. Cali was the only school with former players coaching in 3 of the sports, no other school had alums coaching in more than 2.