• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Logan Webb

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Trade Rumors ran a nice little piece on him today:

If the postseason began tomorrow, who would you want to start game 1 - Gausman or Webb?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

I misspoke.

It has only been 14 consecutive starts giving up 2 or fewer ERs.

The bum.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid has earned the right to open our post season but I also think we have to be very careful how we actually handle this.

Webb is still a rookie in my book and as we all know pitching in the post season isn't the same as the regular season. The stakes are so much higher as is the pressure. If we open as Divisional champs then it's a 5 game series and there is some wiggle room but if we open as a WC then it a one game 'winner take all'. I still would like to see Webb start but ... as with any pitcher in a WC situation ... the pressure will be immense .... and the leash will be very short. Very little room for any mistakes ...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid has earned the right to open our post season but I also think we have to be very careful how we actually handle this.

Webb is still a rookie in my book and as we all know pitching in the post season isn't the same as the regular season. The stakes are so much higher as is the pressure. If we open as Divisional champs then it's a 5 game series and there is some wiggle room but if we open as a WC then it a one game 'winner take all'. I still would like to see Webb start but ... as with any pitcher in a WC situation ... the pressure will be immense .... and the leash will be very short. Very little room for any mistakes ...
I think if we end up in the WC game Gas will be the starter.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Webb and am glad that he found his footing this year. However, I think, unless he gets worse in his next few starts, Gausman still gets the nod in game 1 of the NLDS (or WC, if we have to play in that game). I think Kapler leans more on the vet, rather than the sophomore, to handle the game 1 pressure.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we end up in the WC game Gas will be the starter.
The problem with having gas go in that game is that his 1st inning can be a bit rough. For the season, he has a 4.18 ERA in the first. I think this has a lot to do with him having trouble finding his splitter.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Webb and am glad that he found his footing this year. However, I think, unless he gets worse in his next few starts, Gausman still gets the nod in game 1 of the NLDS (or WC, if we have to play in that game). I think Kapler leans more on the vet, rather than the sophomore, to handle the game 1 pressure.
Gausman has looked pretty good lately too. He may finish the year strong.